ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON - ACC TOURNEY - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
This is the best time of the year. Day basketball, win and advance, tons of nerves and some cinderellas when it's all said and done. How may games will we win over the next 4 weeks? Two or ten? I hope ten....

Clemson is tough. Watched them play FSU the other day and at one point the broadcaster said it was their 9th loss this season under five points. That tells me Clemson battles and if our game with them was indicative of anything, it was a testament to their ability to compete. I have a bad feeling we're going to be in for a dog fight. BUT I WANT TO KEEP WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's ACC 2nd Round game will be aired on ESPN HD and will tip at 2pm est.

Duke 73

Clemson 66

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
This game could go either way. If we come out flat we will get beat.
I hope I am wrong but..
Clemson 70
Duke 65

Duke comes out and plays with fire in their first game of the ACC tournament!

Duke: 84
Clemson: 77

Let's Go Duke!!

Hands down the best time of year! Can't believe I paid $15 to see a Duke ACCT game.

Duke - 81
Clemson - 74

Reactions: pisgah101
Great time of year.

Duke 72, Clemson 70. Duke wins on a late 3 by Kennard.

Clemson has been the unluckiest team in the ACC, in my opinion. They are much better than their 6-12 conference record indicates. I think this game could be a nail-biter, comparable to the 2014 Quarterfinal with the Tigers.

Duke 77
Clemson 73

I took a sick day from work today (Going to the doctor at 1:45)
I'm expecting to see most of the game.
Duke 80
Clemson 72
Hoping we get the win to help me feel better.

Everyone needs to be ready to defend and rebound. We can score enough going one on one if we just defend and rebound.

Duke 75
Clemson 69

Last edited:
Having to watch this one after work today and that sucks... But let's get that win!

Clemson will be desperate. They are on the wrong side of the bubble, but I'm sure they still harbor notions that a strong ACCT run will get them in the conversation. They will view today as a resume must, and I expect them to play accordingly.

I have a good feeling about this game today. I think we look sharp and play with an edge. It won't be a blowout, but I think we control the flow at the end of the game.

I think Grayson will be better, Amile will be fine, Duke will play with energy, and will pull away at the end.

Or, it's a nail biter. It's been that kind of year.

I think this game is close until we pull away in the last 4-5 minutes and end up winning by 10.

Clemson will be desperate. They are on the wrong side of the bubble, but I'm sure they still harbor notions that a strong ACCT run will get them in the conversation. They will view today as a resume must, and I expect them to play accordingly.
Bingo.

Clemson keeps it close until last 5 minutes. Duke up by 10.

Duke 84
Clemson 74

Clemson is tough, so we'll have to play pretty well to win, and I think we will. A lot depends on how much better Grayson is for this game. In the 2 games since he sit out Miami he's played 16 minutes against FSU, and 23 minutes against UNC. I thought he looked pretty well on Saturday, and he made a tremendous diving to the floor steal, reminiscent of the play in the championship game against Whisky. I thought he looked dead tired at the end, so hoping he was able to practice a little more this week and perhaps improve his stamina. That said, I hope K limits his minutes a little, and in the process that should get Frank some good minutes (he played 32 against UNC).

Oh, and when Duke came out in the warmups against the Heels they looked calm, and loose. Don't think they're feeling the pressure so much now, which bodes well for us, and not so good for everyone else. Go Duke!

Duke 76
Clemson 70

OFC

Reactions: jcdevilfan
I don't know about you guys, but I am ready for Duke to get in the "defensive" mode about their intentions! If we can come out and finally just play, let it go, don't think so much, just react and play together, IT'S GONNA BE OK!
Go Duke!
OFC

Just as a heads-up, the game is actually at 2:30pm. They listed it originally at 2pm, but the NCAA site says 2:30 now.

The ACC lists it at 2pm (even though they know it won't start then) so they'd be able to start it earlier than 2:30 if they could. Basically, a noon start (in the prior game) means a 2pm finish, then 30 minutes between games and a 2:30 tip. But if the first game was fast --- say it ended at 1:45 --- then the league could start it at 2:15. It's basically done this way to allow the league some flexibility.

Reactions: MikeD2891
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT