ADVERTISEMENT

Duke stays at #4 in AP poll

I like Duke at 4 or 5 it’s only are young team and defense that gives voters worry

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Not that it matters but Lunardi dropped Duke to a 2 seed and moved Kansas up all in the West bracket. So does the perceived strongest 2 seed get the weakest 1? Thanks in advance!

Not that it matters but Lunardi dropped Duke to a 2 seed and moved Kansas up all in the West bracket. So does the perceived strongest 2 seed get the weakest 1? Thanks in advance!
Yes, according to the S curve model used for seeding. Doesn't always work out that way, though, due to other guidelines they use.

Reactions: PHXDukie
That seems about right. I thought if they dropped it wouldn't be any worse than #5. How many spots did UNC climb?

OFC
With two wins this week they may bump em up to #2.
And if they play us close next week they’ll get some votes for #1.

Last edited:
So Kentucky beats West Virginia AT WVU, a really tough team in a really tough place to play, and UNC loses their second really bad home game, and UNC is ahead of Kentucky in both polls? The crazy UK fans must be going nuts!

Last edited:
So Kentucky beats West Virginia AT WVU, a really tough team in a really tough place to play, and UNC loses their second really bad home game, and UNC is ahead of Kentucky in both polls? The crazy UK fans because must be going nuts!
I had to go over there and look and they are about to blow up the internet with UNC being ranked ahead of them after losing two and Duke staying where they were despite losing at home. Bless their little hearts.

Reactions: skysdad
Meh. Kansas has a couple of losses left in them. We'll be fine...I want out of the West bracket no matter the seeding.

Yeah, the projected West bracket from Lunardi has:

1) Kansas
2) Duke
3) Zona
4) Tennessee
5) Witchita St
8) FSU

That’s a monster bracket.

We will be in Charlotte for Rounds 1 & 2 unless we fall off a cliff. Still too early to really get into bracket projections, but I'd love to avoid going West and being in Zona's bracket, and I'd love to avoid MSU, simply because I"m sure they want revenge.

And I'm still convinced that us, Zona, and MSU are the 3 best teams in the country, regardless what rankings say.

We will be in Charlotte for Rounds 1 & 2 unless we fall off a cliff. Still too early to really get into bracket projections, but I'd love to avoid going West and being in Zona's bracket, and I'd love to avoid MSU, simply because I"m sure they want revenge.

And I'm still convinced that us, Zona, and MSU are the 3 best teams in the country, regardless what rankings say.
And hopefully UNC continues to slide it for no other reason than they won’t be playing in CLT also. No reason to have their fans populating the arena to make it another road game.

I gambled and bought quite a few ticket books for CLT. Hope we are there.

If the holes keep playing like they are playing now, we won't have to worry about them playing in Charlotte. 1st round NIT game will be into the Dean Dome!!!!
OFC

Yup don't want Arizona that early in the tournament. If it happens though, Ayton vs Bagley/Carter would be epic.

No regrets from me for being #4, or #5 for that matter. Still early and a lot of moving to be done yet. Keep this young Duke team low key for a while and let them grow (;)) quietly and out of the limelight!
I also don't believe Arizona will remain a 3 seed, they are too good. And really, for all that matters, it will be very hard for anyone to get out of the Sweet 16, there are just so many good teams. I think people will be really surprised at the teams that will be seeded 6-10, and wonder how they are rated so low. Going to be an exciting NCAAT.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
The NCAAT is so unpredictable, as we all know. And that's in season where there appear to be no clear favorites, at least in my mind. We're certainly the most talented team, but we're pretty susceptible, too. Virginia is going to come across a game or two where their shots don't fall....will they have enough offense? What if Purdue isn't hitting at their ridiculous 43% clip from behind the arc....also, the Big Ten is down this season. The Boilermakers are good....but are they this good?

Every team better play well by round two....or else they're in danger of going home.

Reactions: Mac9192
No regrets from me for being #4, or #5 for that matter. Still early and a lot of moving to be done yet. Keep this young Duke team low key for a while and let them grow (;)) quietly and out of the limelight!
I also don't believe Arizona will remain a 3 seed, they are too good. And really, for all that matters, it will be very hard for anyone to get out of the Sweet 16, there are just so many good teams. I think people will be really surprised at the teams that will be seeded 6-10, and wonder how they are rated so low. Going to be an exciting NCAAT.
Go Duke!
OFC
Good post JC. Still time for the rankings to play out, and if the team can play to their potential, the seeding will take care of itself. Duke needs Grayson's shot being like it was against ND and Duval's running the offense with a little more discipline. If so, we are the favorite to win it all.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
27540814_10204603756211863_4490986583266659424_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT