ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

and too stubborn to hire qualified assistants and coordinators. OFC

His refusal to go outside his own little group to find qualified coordinators is strange and unacceptable. After the past 2 years any coach who really wanted to win would have looked hard at his staff and made changes. The fact that he just switched the same guys around was to me an indication that he was playing out the string and just wanted to improve the resumes of his young friends.

His refusal to go outside his own little group to find qualified coordinators is strange and unacceptable. After the past 2 years any coach who really wanted to win would have looked hard at his staff and made changes. The fact that he just switched the same guys around was to me an indication that he was playing out the string and just wanted to improve the resumes of his young friends.
Exactly. Its a clique, and he just upgraded the resumes of his puppets. OFC

Mack Brown is an interesting coach. The guy can outrecruit anyone but can't coach them. He's got another really good class coming in this year. I suppose next year will be his last if he doesn't do big things.

Which is another reason we need to move on a new coach soon. We don't want to be competing with UNX for a new coach.

I wonder what kind of bull crap goes on when mack is in a recruits home? OFC
Lol, Mack charms the recruit, parents, kid sister, dog, goldfish right out of their minds. When he leaves, the entire family is convinced their domicile was just graced by The Second Coming. They are certain Mack can do ANYTHING! He CAN! Except coach! OFC

Gameday, #10 for the (3-6, 0-5) Blue Devils. The competition is definitely down a grade today as Duke travels to Blacksburg to face Va Tech. David Cutcliffe is 1-4 against lame duck coach Justin Fuente (all but officially gone at season's end), and Duke has a legit chance to win.

Despite being 11.5 pt underdogs, the Hokies have lost two of their last three to winless ACC teams at the time in Syracuse and BC. Furthermore there is a real chance Tech qb Braxton Burmeister may not play with an upper body injury. The Hokies would opt for 2nd stringer Knox Kadum (whos looked only adequate) as a back-up. Of course Duke is in somewhat same boat:Gunnar Holmberg left the Pitt game injured and Riley Leonard could get the call.

This is a very hard game to get a read on. Can Duke take advantage of a team not tackling well, and giving up lots of points in recent weeks(41 to Syracuse)?Can the beleaguered Duke defense stop a team not really lighting up the scoreboard? Will the Hokies even really care since they know their coach is gone end of year? Justin Fuente is desperately trying to rally the team around Senior Day at Blacksburg today. Even if he is finished w/the Hokies, hes not going to want a loss to Cut on his next resume.

I will say the Hokies pull it out, and I am not even calling it that close. Fuente does not want that loss to the worse team in the ACC in Lane Stadium, and I say the Hokies show a little senior pride. Remember Duke doesnt score in ACC road games. They play very little D too. Hokies 31, Duke 7. 3:30 Kick on ACC Network. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Devilinside
Gameday, #10 for the (3-6, 0-5) Blue Devils. The competition is definitely down a grade today as Duke travels to Blacksburg to face Va Tech. David Cutcliffe is 1-4 against lame duck coach Justin Fuente (all but officially gone at season's end), and Duke has a legit chance to win.

Despite being 11.5 pt underdogs, the Hokies have lost two of their last three to winless ACC teams at the time in Syracuse and BC. Furthermore there is a real chance Tech qb Braxton Burmeister may not play with an upper body injury. The Hokies would opt for 2nd stringer Knox Kadum (whos looked only adequate) as a back-up. Of course Duke is in somewhat same boat:Gunnar Holmberg left the Pitt game injured and Riley Leonard could get the call.

This is a very hard game to get a read on. Can Duke take advantage of a team not tackling well, and giving up lots of points in recent weeks(41 to Syracuse)?Can the beleaguered Duke defense stop a team not really lighting up the scoreboard? Will the Hokies even really care since they know their coach is gone end of year? Justin Fuente is desperately trying to rally the team around Senior Day at Blacksburg today. Even if he is finished w/the Hokies, hes not going to want a loss to Cut on his next resume.

I will say the Hokies pull it out, and I am not even calling it that close. Fuente does not want that loss to the worse team in the ACC in Lane Stadium, and I say the Hokies show a little senior pride. Remember Duke doesnt score in ACC road games. They play very little D too. Hokies 31, Duke 7. 3:30 Kick on ACC Network. OFC
On point, Hart. Good job.

Reactions: hart2chesson

you are probably right. Duke is awful.

I think this is Cut's last chance at a victory and his team rallies around him to eke out a close win in a rather desultory game to watch.

I for one am going to pass on this one. Hart, I'll look forward to your analysis tomorrow.

I just turned it off after Lummie Young covered his man like the receiver had leprosy and he scored on a bomb to put VT up 14-0. Just real butt ugly football, no two ways about it. Our fundamentals are so poor, it’s as if they had never played football before they came to Duke. I’m tired of Cut saying, every week, “we have to do a better job of putting them in a position to succeed. WTF does that mean? In my book, it translates to “we’re doing a poor job of coaching”. If I had continually told my clients “Sorry, but I’m just not doing a good job of representing you”, I’ve have been out of work in a hurry. Why is it different here?

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I am THOROUGHLY SICK AND TIRED of this mess! Same old song, 6 straight losses, 11 straight ACC losses, and a GUARANTEED LOSING SEASON for the 3rd STRAIGHT YEAR! On top of the above did anyone truly believe we would go WINLESS on THE ROAD this year when @Charlotte showed up as the opener???!!!!

Nina King hopefully the somber look you greeted Cutcliffe with after his post-game handshake reflects your true feelings. YES, YOU MUST FIRE THE OLD AND STUBBORN COACH. We have TRULY BOTTOMED OUT not only in the ACC, but in the lower dregs of college football!

Totally inept pass coverage, really dumb penalties, zero pass protection by the OL, etc all yesterday against a VERY MEDIOCRE Hokie team that lost to Syracuse and BC. (Tech scored 3 pts vs BC LAST WEEK!!!)

I found one bright spot yesterday that gave me a glimmer of hope for the future if we get a NEW COACH: Jordan Moore at qb. IMHO, he is our most talented qb, and PROVED YESTERDAY HE CAN THROW THE FOOTBALL. HE also read coverages MUCH BETTER on his RPO's and injected an element this team is sorely lacking: EXCITEMENT!!!!

Guys thats it, and keep pounding emails to ninaking@duke.edu

OFC

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I am THOROUGHLY SICK AND TIRED of this mess! Same old song, 6 straight losses, 11 straight ACC losses, and a GUARANTEED LOSING SEASON for the 3rd STRAIGHT YEAR! On top of the above did anyone truly believe we would go WINLESS on THE ROAD this year when @Charlotte showed up as the opener???!!!!

Nina King hopefully the somber look you greeted Cutcliffe with after his post-game handshake reflects your true feelings. YES, YOU MUST FIRE THE OLD AND STUBBORN COACH. We have TRULY BOTTOMED OUT not only in the ACC, but in the lower dregs of college football!

Totally inept pass coverage, really dumb penalties, zero pass protection by the OL, etc all yesterday against a VERY MEDIOCRE Hokie team that lost to Syracuse and BC. (Tech scored 3 pts vs BC LAST WEEK!!!)

I found one bright spot yesterday that gave me a glimmer of hope for the future if we get a NEW COACH: Jordan Moore at qb. IMHO, he is our most talented qb, and PROVED YESTERDAY HE CAN THROW THE FOOTBALL. HE also read coverages MUCH BETTER on his RPO's and injected an element this team is sorely lacking: EXCITEMENT!!!!

OFC
Email sent. Nina needs to protect and save those kids from Cut and his pseudo assistants. OFC

Email sent. Nina needs to protect and save those kids from Cut and his pseudo assistants. OFC
Job well done DI!!! Everyone of us who participates here are DIE HARD DUKE FOOTBALL FANS. We think about how frustrated we are as fans. DI, you put it all in perspective: those kids are truly getting robbed of development at their craft!!! OFC

This doesn't have much to do with Duke football but... the Kansas team that Duke beat pretty easily was really fun to watch last night on ESPNU as they went to Austin and beat Texas 57-56.

At the same time , on ACCN, Wake looked awful, but held off NCSU 45-42.

This doesn't have much to do with Duke football but... the Kansas team that Duke beat pretty easily was really fun to watch last night on ESPNU as they went to Austin and beat Texas 57-56.

At the same time , on ACCN, Wake looked awful, but held off NCSU 45-42.
Exciting for sure ged! I was thinking Cut's running around today desperately yelling "hey
we beat Kansas!!!!" Lmao.... OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23

OFC
Again, you are spot on. I have quit watching Duke or the Panthers. Both are painful to watch. Time for a switch at the coaching position. Orgeron, or whatever his name is from LSU will be available . I get him and the president of Turkey mixed up, names are about the same. He is just one of several this year that will be available. Any would be better than Cut.....

so going to be an interesting month. 247 seems to be indicating a coach cut retirement is coming at the end of the season. twitter also has some unconfirmed reports of cut and his lawyer working out a deal with duke. what will that do to our commits? we actually have a pretty solid class. add a good ot or two plus a dt kid and i would have been happy. now who knows who will stick with us. we definitely need a fresh start with coaching however.

Last edited:
The Panthers looked great today. CMC makes a difference. Duke is a tremendous opportunity. Jim Mora Jr. would have been perfect. Duke should be in better position than Georgia Tech, Wake, Louisville, Syracuse and BC. Duke should easily be a Top 40 program, maybe Top 28. You should get the smartest players. It's an ideal situation. Not much pressure. A power 5 conference, but probably only one top 20 opponent every year . A good agent could convince Coach Cutcliffe to earn perhaps eight million over the next four years as a liaison to the Chancellor

Again, you are spot on. I have quit watching Duke or the Panthers. Both are painful to watch. Time for a switch at the coaching position. Orgeron, or whatever his name is from LSU will be available . I get him and the president of Turkey mixed up, names are about the same. He is just one of several this year that will be available. Any would be better than Cut.....
Nole thx, and thx for reading!
so going to be an interesting month. 247 seems to be indicating a coach cut retirement is coming at the end of the season. twitter also has some unconfirmed reports of cut and his lawyer working out a deal with duke. what will that do to our commits? we actually have a pretty solid class. add a good ot or two plus a dt kid and i would have been happy. now who knows who will stick with us. we definitely need a fresh start with coaching however.
Thanks surf!!! Great report! OFC

Well maybe we will find out something today about the immediate future of David Cutcliffe as our HC. Opinion seems divided over last's nite retirement speculation that flamed wildly on social media. Fingers crossed. Will the media lob softballs or ask the tough questions about JOB SECURITY!!!??? They have no excuse to whimp out after Cut just guaranteed our 3RD STRAIGHT LOSING SEASON! Cut's weekly presser is slated for today.

OFC

Well maybe we will find out something today about the immediate future of David Cutcliffe as our HC. Opinion seems divided over last's nite retirement speculation that flamed wildly on social media. Fingers crossed. Will the media lob softballs or ask the tough questions about JOB SECURITY!!!??? They have no excuse to whimp out after Cut just guaranteed our 3RD STRAIGHT LOSING SEASON! Cut's weekly presser is slated for today.

OFC
Nina King really has only 2 choices: let Cut retire early or fire him now. If he stays even 1 more year, there will be no Duke football program. Amazing stat: over his 15 years Cut has only had 2 winning seasons in the ACC.

Nina King really has only 2 choices: let Cut retire early or fire him now. If he stays even 1 more year, there will be no Duke football program. Amazing stat: over his 15 years Cut has only had 2 winning seasons in the ACC.
Spot on DI!!! '13 and '14 and thats it! OFC

I don't know who saw Jim Sumner's notes about Cut's press conference today but Cut admitted knowing there was a lot of "noise" about his job status. I wonder if some of the "noise" is from Nina King.

If Louisville beat Syracuse so badly, I fear for the defense this Thursday evening.

Does anyone see irony in the fact that Va Tech KILLED Duke and their coach gets fired but not ours?

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just says a lot about priorities and expectations.
If this isnt THE ULTIMATE RED FLAG to remove Cut what will it take? We better GET ON THE STICK to get someone decent. Lots of other HC VACANCIES are popping up! #MoveItNina OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT