coaches with as much time as cut in P5 ranks
kirk frentz iowa
gary patterson tcu
mike gundy okst
kyle whittingham tcu
pat fitzgerald northwestern
nick saban bama
dabo swinney clemson
cut only coach on this list with under .500 record and no conference championship

Reactions: surfdevil
Just to get a list started...
My top 3
Jamey Chadwell Coastal Carolina
Luke Fickell Cincinnati
Will Healey UNCC
Others...
Billy Napier La Lafayette
Phillip Montgomery Tulsa
Bryan Harsin Boise State
Josh Heupel UCF
Bill Clark UAB
Sonny Dykes SMU
Jason Candle Toledo
Troy Calhoun Air Force
Seth Littrell N Texas
Skip Holtz La Tech
Lance Leopold Buffalo
Jeff Monken Army
Curt Cignetti James Madison
Jeff Choate Montana St
Drew Cronic Mercer

GREAT HOMEWORK SURF!!!!!! OFC

sorry was up in the pinehurst area for thanksgiving to spend time with my 91 year old mother (who has no internet) and thought that this would be reported but.....
BANG BANG
nick morris a 6'3'' 225 ilb from austin texas westlake high school has committed.
he was a Penn commit and until this year had played at a private school in conn. therefore no one had really evaluated him. he moved to texas and is on the defending class 6-2A defending state champ team. eyes are opening.
through 8 games he has 53 tackles, 12 sacks and 1 forced fumble. rivals has not rated so look for the standard 5.4 cop out grade. 247 and espn have him initially as a solid 3 star with more evaluation to come. he really has come out of nowhere and is a huge signing for us. he plays angry. go watch his huddle tapes. he also has the size coming in that we rarely get at duke. hopefully a sign that maybe a switch to a 4-3 coming?

also spoilers alert one more coming this week

Morris was also offered by Oklahoma State..... OFC

ugh. another lousy game. 5 more turnovers. that is now 58 FOR THE SEASON. not a well coached team. Cut has lost this team. i think the transfer gates will be a flood this year. i dont see how anyone can defend Cut at this point. yes he made us better, but remember 2013 was 7 seasons ago. we have been on the down escalator ever since.
just saw this stat
coaches with as much time as cut in P5 ranks
kirk frentz iowa
gary patterson tcu
mike gundy okst
kyle whittingham tcu
pat fitzgerald northwestern
nick saban bama
dabo swinney clemson
cut only coach on this list with under .500 record and no conference championship
Anyone who saw Cut's halftime interview could not possibly doubt that he is in a sad state of denial and completely divorced from reality. His guaranteeing that the second half of the GT game would be the best Duke has played all year left me with my mouth hanging open.

Anyone who saw Cut's halftime interview could not possibly doubt that he is in a sad state of denial and completely divorced from reality. His guaranteeing that the second half of the GT game would be the best Duke has played all year left me with my mouth hanging open.

#StraightOuttaTwilightZone

OFC

Reactions: Devilinside
I would have guaranteed Coach Cut coming back next year, but if the season ends with Miami and perhaps one more game where 50+ gets scored against us, is it responsible to the school to bring the coach back?

This is not the way I would have liked Cut to go out. I feel terrible about it but it's only going to get worse not better.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I would have guaranteed Coach Cut coming back next year, but if the season ends with Miami and perhaps one more game where 50+ gets scored against us, is it responsible to the school to bring the coach back?

This is not the way I would have liked Cut to go out. I feel terrible about it but it's only going to get worse not better.

Liftee there is some speculation at this point he will retire at season's end....OFC

Reactions: PixelDevil
Liftee there is some speculation at this point he will retire at season's end....OFC

I think that would be the best thing that could happen. Go out with dignity. He did a lot getting Duke football back to a respectable program. Maybe we should be a little
more respectable to him and no offense to anyone here. You certainly have the right to speak your mind. OFC

Last edited:
Hart, I don't know if you are at liberty to let us know the source of your information, but is it reliable?

Last edited:
Hart, I don't know if you are at liberty to let us know the source of your information, but is it reliable?

Lift, its in this article from a Duke website. The guys seem pretty connected, and are really passionate about our fb program. Info in last paragraph I believe:

FWIW.....

Interesting, because there's drastic change this morning.....

Miami OPENED as an 11pt favorite over Duke. The line has ballooned to 15. Thats quite a bit in 3 days. Also the original over/under of 44.5 has bumped up to 60 total points!! OFC

Reactions: Devilinside
FWIW.....

Interesting, because there's drastic change this morning.....

Miami OPENED as an 11pt favorite over Duke. The line has ballooned to 15. Thats quite a bit in 3 days. Also the original over/under of 44.5 has bumped up to 60 total points!! OFC
I'll take Miami and give the points and the "over" at 60. Easy call.

I think we all knew that Katrenick would be leaving, once he opted out and is third on the depth chart, perhaps 4th. I wish him luck.

Duke landed a recruit this morning 3 star Jaquez Moore. He's listed as ATH or athlete. He starred as qb in hs, and Duke is expected to use him as RB. I am sure surf will have more later. OFC

Last edited:
There is a prediction on another cite that Harrison Wallace is 100% going to Penn State. Any credibility to that prediction, Surf and Hart?

Jaquez Moore 5'11'' 185 lbs
from the 247 site
also runs track and competes for his high schools weightlifting team. a state qualifier in the 1A weightlifting classification as a junior.
2020 stats totaled over 2250 yards of offense and 35 tds while primarily at qb for an 8-3 team that made quarterfinals of fla 5-A sate playoffs. also played db and had 23 tackles and 3 interceptions.
they have rated him an 84 as an ''athlete'' so solid 3 star. espn also rates as a 75 3 star. these kids that play all over the field are so hard to be properly rated but when they focus on one spot in college they sometimes soar.

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
There is a prediction on another cite that Harrison Wallace is 100% going to Penn State. Any credibility to that prediction, Surf and Hart?

just dont know. seems like schools like penn ''diddle little boys'' state are suddenly interested. i would think any high school kid would have to at least consider them. duke should be talking to him everyday to show him love.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Jaquez Moore 5'11'' 185 lbs
from the 247 site
also runs track and competes for his high schools weightlifting team. a state qualifier in the 1A weightlifting classification as a junior.
2020 stats totaled over 2250 yards of offense and 35 tds while primarily at qb for an 8-3 team that made quarterfinals of fla 5-A sate playoffs. also played db and had 23 tackles and 3 interceptions.
they have rated him an 84 as an ''athlete'' so solid 3 star. espn also rates as a 75 3 star. these kids that play all over the field are so hard to be properly rated but when they focus on one spot in college they sometimes soar.

surf thx for the awesome report on moore- knew you could fill in the blanks! DI I will see if I can dig anything else on Wallace, but I agree w/surf. We do need to be showing these guys more love!!! OFC

Doesnt look good DI. Surf may have official scoop later but here's what I have: As of today a PSU website has Wallace flipped to the Nittany Lions. Also his new Crystal Ball forecast is out today, and has him projected for PSU. Its looking like the sad trend continues. OFC

bang bang. another commit today.
Mandela Tobin a 6'4'' 270 lb de/dt prospect from cali verbals.
P5 offers from kansas, k-state, nebraska. also navy offer among others.

Great news surf, counters the bad news on Wallace we''re hearing. OFC

Reactions: surfdevil
WOW bang bang again
notre dame dt portal transfer jamion franklin picks us
6'1'' 310 redshirt frosh. will have 3 years left. has to get back physically and mentally. a victim of covid, he struggled in his recovery and at factory like ND they just recruit over you. he was an .8742 composite on 247 so when fully recovered will be a great get for us next year. how bout 3 verbals in one day all in positions of need, rb and two dl?

Last edited:
WOW bang bang again
notre dame dt portal transfer jamion franklin picks us
6'1'' 310 redshirt frosh. will have 3 years left. has to get back physically and mentally. a victim of covid, he struggled in his recovery and at factory like ND they just recruit over you. he was an .8742 composite on 247 so when fully recovered will be a great get for us next year. how bout 3 verbals in one day all in positions of need, rb and two dl?

surf its terrific!!! Now as you said yesterday we gotta show these recruited kids more "love" talking to them AFTER THE VERBAL to offset flip factor!

OFC

GAMEDAY....

Well ready or not, Mighty Miami visits Brooks Field tonite, and our Blue Devils are a 15 point underdog as I type.At first and second glance this appears to be another one that gets ugly, just like UNC and Ga Tech.

We're beat up in the secondary obviously. In addition don't expect LB Rocky Shelton to play for the 2nd straight week (Covid protocol).
Unless we've shored it up in practice somehow, look for Miami RBs to run thru gaping holes again like last week. Thats where we miss Shelton.

Miami is getting some of its best qb play in years,. Obviously we're not. Its basically the same story: if Duke is able to generate an offense and keep Canes O off the field in stretches, we have a chance. Otherwise with Chase Brice at the wheel (although he played better last week) I just don't see it happening.Cut lost one qb to transfer already this week, and is in danger of losing another (Holmberg) if Gunnar doesnt start getting some MEANINGFUL BURN.

HOPE I am wrong, but I will say 42-24, Canes. You can watch the game live at 8pm on The ACC Network.
#GoDevils

OFC

Last edited:
We need a strong start and a lot of breaks if we are going to keep this close tonight!!! GO DUKE!!!
OFC

Reactions: skysdad
wow so 5 more turnovers. 4th n 1 and we run a wr reverse and lose 10. Cut has no idea what he is doing. he has shown he cant be a good oc anymore and i think the added work has diminished his work with the qbs. i hope to god whenever we finally make a coaching change the next guy will never run a bubble screen.

ADVERTISEMENT