ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

bang bang again. cole finney TE 6'6'' 225lbs from mass commits today. 5.5 on rivals and an 82 on 247. low level offers but but the frame size to grow.

TE was a strength last year, hopefully the losses we incurred per graduation won't be too much to overcome. I do know we return one TE who made a solid contribution last year.

OFC

Reactions: surfdevil
yeah we need some of our kids to step up at the TE spot. mark birmingham (5.7) was almost a universal 4 star recruit who has not shown anything yet. he was playing behing some really good kids so we shall see this year. noah gray (despite the stupid stupid rivals rating of 5.3) has actually stepped up and become a good TE. jake marwede (5.7) is another kid who has the size and tools who needs to step up and show us he belongs this year. zamari ellis (5.6) red shirted last year but lets hope he has also decided to bring his ''A'' game early like noah, the one recruit rivals said didn't belong on a power 5 football field. matthew smith (5.4) is a frosh who i would expect to red shirt. he, like noah, was another kid who played qb in high school that rivals says wont translate to a power 5 school TE so lets wait and see with him. by the way, did i mention how stupid the rivals rating was on noah? FLOGGING THE DEAD HORSE HERE

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
yeah we need some of our kids to step up at the TE spot. mark birmingham (5.7) was almost a universal 4 star recruit who has not shown anything yet. he was playing behing some really good kids so we shall see this year. noah gray (despite the stupid stupid rivals rating of 5.3) has actually stepped up and become a good TE. jake marwede (5.7) is another kid who has the size and tools who needs to step up and show us he belongs this year. zamari ellis (5.6) red shirted last year but lets hope he has also decided to bring his ''A'' game early like noah, the one recruit rivals said didn't belong on a power 5 football field. matthew smith (5.4) is a frosh who i would expect to red shirt. he, like noah, was another kid who played qb in high school that rivals says wont translate to a power 5 school TE so lets wait and see with him. by the way, did i mention how stupid the rivals rating was on noah? FLOGGING THE DEAD HORSE HERE

HEY I love Noah Gray surf! Missed very balls he was targeted last year! OFC

bang bang. Ethan Wright 6'1'' 195lb two way rb/safety three star from ohio has committed to the devils.
offers from northwestern, cincy, indiana, iowa st, minnesoya, rutgers, vandy plus many mid level colleges.
dont know if he will play rb or safety (some think here) but he is a heck of an athlete

Last edited:
bill greene is an analyst for 247 who is very good. likes him best as a safety and gives jeremy cash as his comparison. no outstanding/above average features but good in every aspect of the game. calls him just a really good football player. solid 3 star on all three services and maybe a little underrated because he plays rb/wr/safety but not in the best division for football in ohio. espn rated him as a wr. 247 as an athlete. rivals as a rb. seems to me he is not rated higher due to the fact that he is all over the field and is not pigeon holed into one spot. really really think this is a big get.

Last edited:
bill greene is an analyst for 247 who is very good. likes him best as a safety and gives jeremy cash as his comparison. no outstanding/above average features but good in every aspect of the game. calls him just a really good football player. solid 3 star on all three services and maybe a little underrated because he plays rb/wr/safety but not in the best division for football in ohio. espn rated him as a wr. 247 as an athlete. rivals as a rb. seems to me he is not rated higher due to the fact that he is all over the field and is not pigeon holed into one spot. really really think this is a big get.

Excellent versatility in that young man!
#DukeFootball

OFC

I'm getting a little excited. I think we are gonna be better than most think. All I'm hearing from unc cheater u fans is mack is back and will control the recruiting to the point where they should be contenders for the national championship within 2 to 3 years. I realize that I'm a stupid old fart but mack is just about as old as I am. I not saying he's a stupid old fart but he is a old fart. I also realize that old farts as Coach K and Nick Saban are still at the top of their games. mack's been gone a while now from coaching and it's not like it is with Saban and Coach K who kept that tarnish off by staying in the game.mack imo will not regain thevsucces he had before he left coaching. To be honest I think he was always over rated and even more so now. If he had been that goes the cheating heels would have a natty football championship. OFC

I'm getting a little excited. I think we are gonna be better than most think. All I'm hearing from unc cheater u fans is mack is back and will control the recruiting to the point where they should be contenders for the national championship within 2 to 3 years. I realize that I'm a stupid old fart but mack is just about as old as I am. I not saying he's a stupid old fart but he is a old fart. I also realize that old farts as Coach K and Nick Saban are still at the top of their games. mack's been gone a while now from coaching and it's not like it is with Saban and Coach K who kept that tarnish off by staying in the game.mack imo will not regain thevsucces he had before he left coaching. To be honest I think he was always over rated and even more so now. If he had been that goes the cheating heels would have a natty football championship. OFC

Sky he had all the players needed to win it all a couple years because fake classes started around his 3rd year. He just piggybacked on to what El Deano started! "Cheating heels" is so appropriate!

OFC

sorry guys i am not on the beat mac down boat. he went 10-2 and 11-1 in his two final seasons at UNCCHEAT and won a title at texas. that being said, the reason they got rid of him at texas was his lack of developing his talent into a consistent winner his final few years and misidentifying qb talent like manzel and rg3 who won heismans at other texas schools because he would only take them as safeties. lets hope that pattern repeats because he is off to a really hot start on recruiting. unc academics is now down to a point where if he signs 15 kids in a year who couldnt break 800 on the sat it wont matter like it did back in his first run.

so goduke.com has the updated roster with the freshman on it and the big shocker is nyenbwe is not on the roster. if this is turns out not to be an error that is a huge hit at our dt depth. maybe move maurice mcintyre to dt? in case people forget he got a shout out at the opening 2 years ago for his play at dt. right now he is in our og depth pool but that is a spot we could lose one much easier than dt.
right now that leaves us with 6 dt which includes ben frye who got injured at the end of the season and probably wont play this year plus cerenord who is also coming off injury. that leaves 4 dt of which one is a redshirt frosh and another is a true frosh. scary thin

Last edited:
so goduke.com has the updated roster with the freshman on it and the big shocker is nyenbwe is not on the roster. if this is turns out not to be an error that is a huge hit at our dt depth. maybe move maurice mcintyre to dt? in case people forget he got a shout out at the opening 2 years ago for his play at dt. right now he is in our og depth pool but that is a spot we could lose one much easier than dt.
right now that leaves us with 6 dt which includes ben frye who got injured at the end of the season and probably wont play this year plus crenord who is also coming off injury. that leaves 4 dt of which one is a redshirt frosh and another is a true frosh. scary thin

Not good, and when was the last time we hada REAL pass rush! I am convinced thats why we had to play 5 dbs at once....OFC

okay the grapevine is saying team violation but he will be back. no timetable though

edit classroom issues. hopefully he is fixing during the summer school sessions

Last edited:
Prediction time again. I see 4 sure losses: Bama, ND, Syracuse, Va Tech. 3 sure wins NC A & T, Mid Tenn, Ga Tech. five 50/50 games: Pitt, UVA, UNC, WF, Miami. That said. I/m guessing that we will win 3 of the 5 50/50's. Likely record: 6 - 6. . Best possible record: 8 - 4.

I see 2 sure losses. Let's say we win one of the other ones you say is a sure loss and only win 2 of 5 of the 50/50s. Same result. I'd take that considering strength of schedule and turnover at key positions of QB and linebacker.

So what's gonna be our won loss record. Pretty tough schedule looks like to me. OFC ^

People wear me out up here all the time for being a Duke basketball fan and a Clemson football fan, and then they have a Reds baseball sticker and a Steelers football sticker on their truck????

i am hoping for 6-6 but would not be surprised if it was worse.

We are going to have to win the ones we should and pull a couple of upsets to be over .500 this year. We need to be patient with this team and not be so hard on Coach Cut. OFC

I'm predicting the upset of the century in our first game of the season. I'm also predicting a minimum of 7 wins.

Reactions: skysdad
The bad news from today's opening day of practice was we had NINE guys out who suffered injuries in games LAST YEAR. Among those, news sounds fairly bleak per a comeback for standout defensive back Mark Gilbert.

OFC

People wear me out up here all the time for being a Duke basketball fan and a Clemson football fan, and then they have a Reds baseball sticker and a Steelers football sticker on their truck????

Reds, Cowboys and Duke for me. All three since I was a little kid. Most of the clempsun “fans” around here are football only. They disappear during basketball season. During football season, I feel like I’m surrounded by tarhole fans.

Reds, Cowboys and Duke for me. All three since I was a little kid. Most of the clempsun “fans” around here are football only. They disappear during basketball season. During football season, I feel like I’m surrounded by tarhole fans.

Except the tar holes don’t have sunshine....goldy locks....or a 44-16 bama ass whipping!!!

Except the tar holes don’t have sunshine....goldy locks....or a 44-16 bama ass whipping!!!
If the cowboys draft or trade for goldy locks, I’m done with them lol.
Just Kidding. I’ll trade Prescott for him straight up right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: DukefanKY
If the cowboys draft or trade for goldy locks, I’m done with them lol.
Just Kidding. I’ll trade Prescott for him straight up right now.

He looks like a special talent. I’m really anxious to see how he does this year now that he’s a well known

Getting a little worried about recruiting. Seems like in years past, July was always a big month. Now, not so much. Wondering why.

we only have 11 seniors on this squad. with attrician/injuries we are only looking at a class of 14 to 15. only 3 or 4 spots open. look for a db, a de or dt, a lb and maybe a wr to finish. that is it. some combo of 3 to 4 out of those spots.

Reactions: Devilinside
we only have 11 seniors on this squad. with attrician/injuries we are only looking at a class of 14 to 15. only 3 or 4 spots open. look for a db, a de or dt, a lb and maybe a wr to finish. that is it. some combo of 3 to 4 out of those spots.
Thanks, Surf. Makes perfect sense. Now if we can only pick up a couple of 4 stars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT