ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Thats not a first down but I bet they give to the cheats anyway!!!

OFC
On the first drive, cheats were given a first down on a play where the ball barely touched the yellow on the screen. Definitely close enough to measure, but cheats given a first down. Spots have definitely favored the cheats...

If there is not a very public reprimand... And there were multiple reviewable plays when the cheats were on offense where they let em hurry up. But the second a play is questionable goes Duke way (possible Loftis fumble) the officials held up play.

And how is a blatantly bad facemask not reviewable? Why can't an illegal man down field be reviewable? This is where the NBA has it right that a coach can challenge a few calls.

I hope the officials just flat out assault the cheats when they come to Cameron...

Total screw job. However I am so proud of this team, undermanned, a two touchdown underdog and only the zebras kept them from winning. If lead official Jeff Flanagan survives this injustice without a reprimand, it proves he had marching orders from the ACC Office.

The scoreboard lies. Duke beat Carolina, has in fact for two years in a row now,save for very mysterious officiating. Dave Harding (ex Duke OL and color commentator on Duke radio), knows not reviewing what should have been an interception was wrong. He also pointed to the discrepancy in penalties:
Duke 8-83
UNC 3-20
The scoreboard lies.

OFC

Total screw job. However I am so proud of this team, undermanned, a two touchdown underdog and only the zebras kept them from winning. If lead official Jeff Flanagan survives this injustice without a reprimand, it proves he had marching orders from the ACC Office.

The scoreboard lies. Duke beat Carolina, has in fact for two years in a row now,save for very mysterious officiating. Dave Harding (ex Duke OL and color commentator on Duke radio), knows not reviewing what should have been an interception was wrong. He also pointed to the discrepancy in penalties:
Duke 8-83
UNC 3-20
The scoreboard lies.

OFC
I noticed that with 7 min left in the 4th quarter Heels had one penalty for 5 yards. That is one disciplined, well coached fb team lol

Jimbo out at A&M. I have a horrible feeling I know who their calling
They are a dumpster fire and honestly, can you sit here and tell me A&M is a better job.

This can be Elko's program. If he wins one more game this season, he is in the top-10 in wins in Duke football. I am not connected like others, but all I have heard is he and his family loves it at Duke and we are giving him any and all resources. I think this is slightly less absurd than the notion he would leave Duke for Michigan State or Northwestern...

^those schools like A&M can pay an absolute fortune. Elko seems to be a high character guy so it’s hard for me to imagine him bolting after two years but money talks. I know he has a buy out but those teams can easily afford it. Look how much A&M is paying a fired jumbo

They are a dumpster fire and honestly, can you sit here and tell me A&M is a better job.

This can be Elko's program. If he wins one more game this season, he is in the top-10 in wins in Duke football. I am not connected like others, but all I have heard is he and his family loves it at Duke and we are giving him any and all resources. I think this is slightly less absurd than the notion he would leave Duke for Michigan State or Northwestern...
A and M is a better job.
Stadium, endowment one of largest in country, more fan support, better conference, way more tv revenue, more fb tradition.
It’s underachieved historically and Texas joining the Sec doesn’t help, but it’s a sleeping giant
What makes it a dumpster fire exactly? They have the same record we do

^those schools like A&M can pay an absolute fortune. Elko seems to be a high character guy so it’s hard for me to imagine him bolting after two years but money talks. I know he has a buy out but those teams can easily afford it. Look how much A&M is paying a fired jumbo
But at what point is it too much money? Duke is 6-4 and Duke fans are still over the moon thrilled about this season. Regardless of the situation, a 6-4 mark puts you on the hot seat at A&M. Plus, his son plays baseball at Richmond and is only a sophomore...

Elko from day 1 has seemed to be more interested in support for his staff and given the support to succeed, not a pay raise. On top of that, we are a blown 4th down away from being 9-1 (at worst) and in the CFP scenarios. I think this is even extra incentive.

And finally, if Leonard does leave after this season, who does not have a lot of confidence in Loftis right now?

On a side note, I heard in the background played at the cheats Dancing Queen by ABBA and Dancing on my Own by Robyn. Why I personally like both songs, I would NEVER play either song at a football game...

Reactions: surfdevil
On a side note, I heard in the background played at the cheats Dancing Queen by ABBA and Dancing on my Own by Robyn. Why I personally like both songs, I would NEVER play either song at a football game...
They couldn’t find Jump Around They had to go to Plan B The DJ was told these tracks are hot in the clubs right now. Being a Tar Hole he believed it

But at what point is it too much money? Duke is 6-4 and Duke fans are still over the moon thrilled about this season. Regardless of the situation, a 6-4 mark puts you on the hot seat at A&M. Plus, his son plays baseball at Richmond and is only a sophomore...

Elko from day 1 has seemed to be more interested in support for his staff and given the support to succeed, not a pay raise. On top of that, we are a blown 4th down away from being 9-1 (at worst) and in the CFP scenarios. I think this is even extra incentive.

And finally, if Leonard does leave after this season, who does not have a lot of confidence in Loftis right now?
No such thing as too much money and it seems Elkos name is attached to every report with Lane Kiffin. Losing him will definitely set the program back. We’ll find out soon I’m sure

Conor I STRONGLY AGREE Duke needs a "low scoring" game to have a shot at winning.Duke doesn't typically score much, topping out at about 24 over the last five games. Heck with Riley healthy, we only managed 14pts vs Notre Dame.

UNC is easily capable of putting up 24-30 in the first half vs anyone. They have really diversified their offense with Hampton's running. That's the scary part, do they run over us like Louisville?? Plus their passing game is superior to Louisville.

I am banking still on our defense to show up that's been stout most of the year. It's been phenomenal, and must produce again tonite. Elko will squeeze every ounce out of 'em, he's a helluva defensive coach!! He wants this one badly after the refs stole our win last year.

Conor, in closing this one is special. it's our most hated rival. I checked the ACC "injury reporr" Thursday, and while Riley and Pancol were listed out, Belin was listed questionable(I am thinking Henry could play in emergency???).

Who do you think could POSSIBLY GO AMONGST THE FOLLOWING: OL/Monk, Barton
LB/Mausi DB/Myles Jones.
Thanks for all the in-depth coverage Conor, and I am speaking I am sure for all of us!

Duke, 24-20

OFC
Man, I'm sorry I missed this.

Don't know that I could've filled you in much on the injury report yesterday until about an hour or so before kickoff. As yall probably know, Mo McIntyre was out and Monk and Barton played. Mausi was out; Myles Jones warmed up and tried to be available but I don't remember seeing him get snaps.

I had that on the premium side of the board around 7:20 p.m. -- have to try to make a living out of this. I've got thoughts on Elko/Texas A&M up over there, too.

Here was the story off of the game. (it's free)

Not much I can add to the comments above. I am a person who does not swear (much) and doesn't use certain words. Last night I used most of them, repeatedly. My wife (who admittedly was sleeping for much of the game) wondered who this man was in her husband's body.

Having slept on it, I am so proud of our team! What a bunch of fighters! When I gave up, they didn't.

I think Nina King spends what she needs to to keep Elko. Money won't be the determining factor. Either Elko likes coaching at a school where he can build something special, but it will never be at the level of the Alabamas of the world, or he can leave for a place that will do anything to win, will probably fall short, and he will be out of a job in 5 years. We'll find out what kind of man he is.

I think it was very telling his reaction on gameday when the brought up the Michigan State job and then Elko.

Another thing. The timing. Unless TAMU really screwing this up, they must have who they are hiring in the bag. I do not see Elko as a person who is even considering a change at this point in the season.

Man, I'm sorry I missed this.

Don't know that I could've filled you in much on the injury report yesterday until about an hour or so before kickoff. As yall probably know, Mo McIntyre was out and Monk and Barton played. Mausi was out; Myles Jones warmed up and tried to be available but I don't remember seeing him get snaps.

I had that on the premium side of the board around 7:20 p.m. -- have to try to make a living out of this. I've got thoughts on Elko/Texas A&M up over there, too.

Here was the story off of the game. (it's free)
Conor thanks,no worries- I know you had your plate FULL yesterday with Wake AND Duke!! I was immensely proud of the boys effort.Still a stinging loss today under a tremendous cloud of controversy. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT