ADVERTISEMENT

Countdown Pregame Thread

AxeS24

Recruit
Jul 23, 2018
Very excited about Countdown tomorrow.

Was just thinking about this Duke team . . .

Few teams in history have had 3 top 10 picks in the subsequent draft.
No team in history has had 3 top 5 picks in the subsequent draft.
No team in history has had picks 1, 2, and 3 in the subsequent draft.

There is a very real chance Duke has the 1, 2, and 3 picks in the 2019 NBA Draft. It is an unprecedented level of top end talent. Every single one of those guys are going to SURPASS the level of hype we currently have. Evan Daniels of 247 was at a recent scrimmage and had fantastic things to say about Reddish's intensity, R.J.'s shooting, and Zion's conditioning. Those were their areas of concern.

Then you put those guys with Tre Jones, who was one of the best AAU guards ever by the advanced metrics, and we are looking at something special.

Javin and Bolden are 20 year old juniors each with 500 minutes of PT in the post who will be just fine defensively. Javin is the better communicator whereas Bolden is the better rim protector.

Alex O'Connell will have some games this year where he goes off from deep and has 15 or so points.

Depth is very overrated. Kentucky guys are crowing about depth but so what? We will have the top 3 talents on the floor November 6th. Whether they have 5 4 and 5 stars or 10 wouldn't matter. This isn't football.

Also, there should be little concern about shooting. I guarantee we'll be above the NCAA average of 35% from 3. Reddish and Alex can stroke it. Barrett and Tre will be around 35% or so. Not sure on percentage on Zion, but a high one wouldn't surprise me. He is honestly a well-rounded player. People are going to be floored. Canada was just the beginning.

Very encouraged that we are sticking with m2m and not even trying zone. This team has the athletes and intelligence to play good to great m2m.

Also very excited to see the 5 out offense. If Javin rediscovers his jumper from AAU, look out.

My official season prediction is 35-5 with a banner. Could be better depending on how we communicate defensively.

Countdown can't get here soon enough.

Reactions: Showenuff
Is it only available on ESPN+? And that's a paid add-on, right?

Is it only available on ESPN+? And that's a paid add-on, right?

As far as I know, yes. The scrimmage is set to come on ESPN+ at 8 pm ET.

You can get a free 7-day trial if you haven't used it already. Otherwise, it's just $4.99 per month. And you can cancel very easily at any time.

Reactions: boaja1 and Mpm277
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT