ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K seems much happier this year....

Thought you were fighting in the TOUGH MAN CONTEST tonite in Chapel Hill.....;):eek:

OFC

I heard there's an up and coming tough man out of chapel hill that is one bad dude. Goes by the name of PJ Heartstopper. He walks into the ring, hulks down, screams and then gives the most intimidating stare down ever and the opponents heart just stops. Hence the name PJ Heartstopper. OFC

I like how you think every story I tell here is a lie Hart. It's cute ol' fella.

Show up to a CTC sometime with the gang, you can see some real life happenings. I'll bring a couple fellas who were in the Dome with me when it happened. Course. i could just pay them lots of money to tell you a story huh? ah, shucks, nevermind then.

Just an observation from his comments reference the way the players are buying into what staff is telling them, and the way the squad is eager to learn. I think Coach K is a much happier camper this season, and I think he genuinely LIKES the team's make-up more so than maybe either of the last 2 seasons.

Obviously we werent privvy to some of the goings on last couple years, per example the issues with Jackson's dad,the Carter's issues w/Bagley being "the man," and I could go on. We did learn our PG last year was tweeting photos of a dunk from the locker room....There's plenty more, I could go on, but suffice to say I am glad to see our coach a happier guy.

Perhaps there are other mitigating factors- Nolan and John have had time to adjust to things, and I think the C-Well transition is going quite well. Recruiting has certainly picked up in recent months...What do you guys think? OFC

Well K AND his team are healthy at the start of the year! I would be happy too. He’s dealt with plenty of injuries to key players at the start of the season which affected chemistry. Also, he was in pain as well and had successfully surgeries the last two years.

Reactions: Showenuff
or he could be happy because he's rid of Grayson, Bagley and the rest of those non floor diving bastages.

I think this team has played the best defense in a long time and it's man-to-man. K used the zone in recent years not because he wanted to, but had to.

Everything seems better....even the guys on this board o_O

Reactions: Showenuff
Well K AND his team are healthy at the start of the year! I would be happy too. He’s dealt with plenty of injuries to key players at the start of the season which affected chemistry. Also, he was in pain as well and had successfully surgeries the last two years.

Excellent observations Q......

OFC

I'm not slamming anyone. I loved last year's team. They were fun to watch. There were ups and downs, some great wins, some tough losses. Our guys competed, and played hard. We came a roll away from going to the final four.

It just seems to me that this year's team is tighter than last year's or 2016-17. No horse beating from me.

Alan

Amen Alan that was the entire theme I
was trying to convey in my OP.....OFC

Is there really a tuff man competition tonight?? We use to have one in Asheville every year but I haven’t seen it in a few. I liked going.

This thread was bound to head down this path from the start.

Certainly not intended merely observation from a passionate Blue Devil fan who simply loves this team!!!

I’d argue that Ryan Kelly who was lights out against Miami in his return didn’t play his hardest the rest of the way for fear of injury and playing himself out of a paycheck for the NBA. I’ve heard that from a few people i trust. I understand it, but as a fan i wasn’t thrilled.

Disappointing, but Timo I understand your observation. I do not see any difference though between that scenario and a Duke fan saying "he or she would argue" a certain player wasnt asserting himself on the defensive end.... Hey in the end WE ALL LOVE DUKE, but it would get pretty boring if we all had the same views.

Hey I gotta catch you guys podcast sometime! Everyone says its great and I think its wonderful you and dukehokie have it going! Merry Christmas! OFC

I think last years team would have had better chemistry with Jones at the point. Switch point guards and would the argument be reversed? Not basing Duval. He was just not a good fit for that team
I think the right point guard makes everybody look better, gel better, and, look happier. Hell, if Grayson shot like his sophomore year this team would have looked happier and had better chemistry. And, Grayson hustled his sss off and dove for every loose ball.

I think last years team would have had better chemistry with Jones at the point. Switch point guards and would the argument be reversed? Not basing Duval. He was just not a good fit for that team
I think the right point guard makes everybody look better, gel better, and, look happier. Hell, if Grayson shot like his sophomore year this team would have looked happier and had better chemistry. And, Grayson hustled his sss off and dove for every loose ball.
Duval would have worked better on the 16-17 team i think- surrounded by a ton of shooters.

Don't know which thread to use so I will just bump this one up a little. Anyone watching the IU/Butler game? Did you notice Duke transfer Jordan Tucker? The announcers even acknowledge him. Now I know it was brief but could anyone tell by his body language if he's happy at Butler? I sure hope so. I actually like seeing our transfers do well with theirnew teams. OFC

Reactions: DukefanKY
Coach K sounded as happy last nite as I've heard him since '15! Thats all I was trying to convey the other day in my message. This is truly a vintage K-like team. I just truly loved the grit and poise they showed DOWN THE STRETCH w/Z on the bench.

Whereas perhaps teams of the last two years might have folded their handed, this group THRIVED!!!! Did you see Zion on bench!!!??? He was FULLY INVESTED in the team winning!!! I am SO GLAD these OAD's have truly unpacked their suitcases and are EMBRACING the proud DUKE TRADITION!
#GoDevils4Life

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Coach K sounded as happy last nite as I've heard him since '15! Thats all I was trying to convey the other day in my message. This is truly a vintage K-like team. I just truly loved the grit and poise they showed DOWN THE STRETCH w/Z on the bench.

Whereas perhaps teams of the last two years might have folded their handed, this group THRIVED!!!! Did you see Zion on bench!!!??? He was FULLY INVESTED in the team winning!!! I am SO GLAD these OAD's have truly unpacked their suitcases and are EMBRACING the proud DUKE TRADITION!
#GoDevils4Life

OFC
Damn Hart, I’m cutting onions here Hahahaha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT