Who wins? Not

• Clemson

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Alabama

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters
Corso, along with me, called it btw

DwWeH5cWkAMNuTc.jpg

Did someone just give Dabo a wet willy while he was giving his speech?!?!? Love it!

Something tells me if someone did that to Saban, he’d snap, shed his skin and reveal himself as the dark overlord.
Yep I think it was Wilkins and Dabo looked like he didn’t even notice it lol

Damn, I guess Bama gets to stew on this loss for the next 229 days and take it out on us in Atlanta on August 31st.

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
@QC Dukie
I can't hear you??

QXLv3m0.jpg
Hey congrats. I wasn’t able to watch but I understand it was bad. I wanted to post a quick reply. I probably won’t be on here for a while. There’s about to be a death in my family. Not a good situation right now.

Hey congrats. I wasn’t able to watch but I understand it was bad. I wanted to post a quick reply. I probably won’t be on here for a while. There’s about to be a death in my family. Not a good situation right now.
Sorry to hear that QC, our prayers are with you and your family.
OFC

OMG man, really sorry to hear that....I hope that changes for the better for you

Sorry to hear QC. I dodged a bullet yesterday, my Mom and Dad were in a terrible wreck on I95 while heading to Miami to pick up my sister in law. Dads truck was totaled. Air bags deployed and miraculously , neither were hurt. Dad sent me a pic of the truck and my heart stopped.

Sorry to hear QC. I dodged a bullet yesterday, my Mom and Dad were in a terrible wreck on I95 while heading to Miami to pick up my sister in law. Dads truck was totaled. Air bags deployed and miraculously , neither were hurt. Dad sent me a pic of the truck and my heart stopped.

Wow man. Hate that happened but glad they weren't hurt.

A couple of years ago I found out one of my best friends from high school lost both her parents in a car wreck... they'd been traveling in Kentucky. Felt so horrible for her... she was beyond devastated. Understandably.

Real talk, in retrospect, that Bama defense was the problem. We knew they weren't as good as recent iterations of Bama's defense. What we didn't know was that they were only as successful as they were because they are a front running defense. With that O, the D got to front run. The DBs are pretty good, but young. The front 4 rush pretty well. The middle LB being missing last night hurt, a lot, but Bama's LBs are young and not as good in recent years before they lost the MLB, who was their most talented LB.

When the opposing O has to go for chunk passing plays, those DBs can lock in on down field throws, while the front 4 can lay back their ears and blitz hard, knowing the opposing QB has to hold the ball so while his WRs go downfield. Clemson never went into desperation mode, meaning their entire playbook was open, forcing the Bama D to have to react, rather than focus on doing 1 thing.
It was a down year in the SEC. This hid some of Bama's struggles. It was also a very down year in the ACC, but that allowed Clemson to bring along a frosh QB, and it allowed Clemson to play fairly conservatively and not open up their playbook. Thus, they had a lot of dry powder once the CFP started.

Prayers sent QC. OFC

Real talk, in retrospect, that Bama defense was the problem. We knew they weren't as good as recent iterations of Bama's defense. What we didn't know was that they were only as successful as they were because they are a front running defense. With that O, the D got to front run. The DBs are pretty good, but young. The front 4 rush pretty well. The middle LB being missing last night hurt, a lot, but Bama's LBs are young and not as good in recent years before they lost the MLB, who was their most talented LB.

When the opposing O has to go for chunk passing plays, those DBs can lock in on down field throws, while the front 4 can lay back their ears and blitz hard, knowing the opposing QB has to hold the ball so while his WRs go downfield. Clemson never went into desperation mode, meaning their entire playbook was open, forcing the Bama D to have to react, rather than focus on doing 1 thing.
It was a down year in the SEC. This hid some of Bama's struggles. It was also a very down year in the ACC, but that allowed Clemson to bring along a frosh QB, and it allowed Clemson to play fairly conservatively and not open up their playbook. Thus, they had a lot of dry powder once the CFP started.

None of Bama's defenses were beating that team with only 16 points from the offense.

Glad to hear your mom and dad are ok. That's all that matters. OFC

None of Bama's defenses were beating that team with only 16 points from the offense.

There were a few that would have held that Clemson O to far, far fewer than 44 points. Say, 24. But with a closer game, the Bama O could have stuck to the run, which was incredibly effective vs Clemson's D. But they couldn't move the ball fast enough, even at 5-6 yards a clip, to make focusing on the run work.
Really, that initial pick 6 doomed Bama. They were never able to get that lead that they needed to turn their O and D loose.

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
Tua had a bad game, on the biggest stage. He got snake bit. Then Bama realized they couldn’t stop Clemson, and the walls closed in on them.
They probably are as good as Clemson, but the two picks and horrible 4th down fake fg were too much to overcome against an equal opponent.

Wasnt as lopsided as the score suggests...Bama was in the red zone all night but came up short by inches a couple of times and then failed to punch it in. The fake FG was awful, as was the no call on the PI the play before...Clemson played very well, won both lines of scrimmage when it mattered, made some amazing catches and caught a few breaks ( Bama CB blowing an ankle on coverage that led to a TD, couple of defensive penalty non-calls on 3rd downs)..this made it look more dominant than it really was. Clemson coaching staff is loaded with Bama Alumni so its no wonder they are able to compete and win against Bama. That said its 2-2. Wouldnt surprise me if there was #5 match up next year. Clemson deserved the win so hats off to Dabo and the Tigers.
Time for other programs to step up and upset the duopoly.

Reactions: dukesince91
Tua had a bad game, on the biggest stage. He got snake bit. Then Bama realized they couldn’t stop Clemson, and the walls closed in on them.
They probably are as good as Clemson, but the two picks and horrible 4th down fake fg were too much to overcome against an equal opponent.

Tua also played like crap and turned it over against UGA too. The combination of Hurts off the bench and Kirby Smart's inability to coach with a lead saved Bama in the SECCG.

I’d hate to be Alabama’s first opponent next season. Oh wait, what am I saying....

Not sure how much you want to share but, keep us posted on how things are going, or how you are doing. I think I can speak for the entire board when I say we are thinking about you.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Alabama has lost 16 NFL draft picks on the defensive side of the ball in the last two years. Even for a program like theirs, that recruits at that level, that is a lot to overcome.

It is crazy to think that Lawrence and Ross, the best two players on the field Monday night, are both true freshmen.

Not sure how much you want to share but, keep us posted on how things are going, or how you are doing. I think I can speak for the entire board when I say we are thinking about you.
Thanks man. I appreciate it. It’s my father in law. He’s been battling cancer for while. Finally got too weak for chemo and the cancer just exploded inside him. He has been moved to a hospice care facility and given just a few more days to live. I was/am very close to him. My wife is an only child, and having to shoulder all this on her own. She is extremely close to her father and having s very hard time with all this. She’s been with him nearly around the clock. Please keep my wife and him in your prayers. Sorry mods for hijacking this thread.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. It’s my father in law. He’s been battling cancer for while. Finally got too weak for chemo and the cancer just exploded inside him. He has been moved to a hospice care facility and given just a few more days to live. I was/am very close to him. My wife is an only child, and having to shoulder all this on her own. She is extremely close to her father and having s very hard time with all this. She’s been with him nearly around the clock. Please keep my wife and him in your prayers. Sorry mods for hijacking this thread.

I understand completely. I am extremely close to my mother in law...luckily, she's probably healthier than me. Sorry to hear about this and again, you're in our thoughts and prayers

I understand completely. I am extremely close to my mother in law...luckily, she's probably healthier than me. Sorry to hear about this and again, you're in our thoughts and prayers
Thanks! Really appreciate it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT