ADVERTISEMENT

Best sports brawls.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
College or pro what is your favorite or the best one you have seen?
I think the 1976 brawl between the Yankees and Red Sox rank among the best. OFC

Reactions: christophero
How about these two bitter rivals who hooked up in this rare footage. OFC

Reactions: Liftee
So I know this might be a downer, but still wanted to share.

So, before I became a teacher, I worked in sports. I did a lot of work in hockey in particular. At one point I was the director of Ops/de facto GM for a minor league team. We had an enforcer on the team, a really famous minor league guy. I remember after every damn game he had to ice his poor hands... he had broke; everything so many times that his hands were almost deformed. We used to talk about it, and he would say that it sucked, but he just wasn’t good enough to play unless he fought. For some reason, it always stuck with me. In terms of hockey fights, I’m totally fine if they disappear... way too much damage done.

Anyway... sorry for being a downer:)

So I know this might be a downer, but still wanted to share.

So, before I became a teacher, I worked in sports. I did a lot of work in hockey in particular. At one point I was the director of Ops/de facto GM for a minor league team. We had an enforcer on the team, a really famous minor league guy. I remember after every damn game he had to ice his poor hands... he had broke; everything so many times that his hands were almost deformed. We used to talk about it, and he would say that it sucked, but he just wasn’t good enough to play unless he fought. For some reason, it always stuck with me. In terms of hockey fights, I’m totally fine if they disappear... way too much damage done.

Anyway... sorry for being a downer:)

Being a huge fan of the game I love the fights and hate them at the same time. If that makes sense.

There was the, “you’re a liar!” “No! You’re a liar!” Brawl on the rivals Duke basketball message board, that one time! That one got pretty ugly, pretty fast!

Reactions: skysdad and dbav
When I was a kid Nettles and Brett got in several fist fights. Reggie Jackson and Billy Martin too.

And it stayed wild in Hotlanta.

This game was the talk of our backyard baseball games.

I actually know one of the Padres that got tossed. Greg Booker, pitcher . Greg passed away a couple of years ago after fighting cancer for years. No doubt this a brawl. One of the best ever. Old Nettles just seemed to enjoy them huh? OFC

yeah Nettles was a little guy but a scrapper. A different era but it seems like baseball players get away with so much more than basketball players.

None of the brawls listed compare to the one Sky caused at the Peckers Potted Meat Wrestling Bonanza about 3 summers ago. It started when he curb stomped Guru Gary, sending the rest of the clowns from THR into a frenzy. Pandemonium reigned. Those in attendance got their money’s worth. Every DI member, other than @hart2chesson got in on the action. He was too busy pocketing all the cans of potted meat that were being thrown.

I was watching a video Rex Chapman posted (sorry don't have the link)that showed NBA fights in the 80's/ 90's. About half of them was the Pistons body slamming Jordan on drives. No wonder they hate each other. One where Robert Parish slams Lambeer on top of the head in a way that could have seriously injured him. I'm sure Lambeer did something first but it was rough.

None of the brawls listed compare to the one Sky caused at the Peckers Potted Meat Wrestling Bonanza about 3 summers ago. It started when he curb stomped Guru Gary, sending the rest of the clowns from THR into a frenzy. Pandemonium reigned. Those in attendance got their money’s worth. Every DI member, other than @hart2chesson got in on the action. He was too busy pocketing all the cans of potted meat that were being thrown.

Still have a little left!!! OFC

Reactions: Mac9192 and skysdad

Mac mentioned the "wrestling" Peckers Potted Meat sponsored 3 summers ago. It was great, but didnt hold a candle to two of the sports greatest:

Understand Mac is busy negotiating with folks at Pecker's for another show this summer! OFC

Being from southern Ohio , I am a huge Cincinnati Reds fan... the 2010 fight between the Reds and cardinals was really good . Brandon Phillips and Yadier Molina started it at home plate , then it just blew up, I remember Johnny Cueto getting pinned against the backstop and then just started kicking people with his spikes .

No film or video but back when I was young and playing softball my team got into a nice brawl. We had a guy on our team that was a hot head. He went to bat and the catcher from the other team said something to him. To this day I don't know what was said but it must have pissed our player off big time. He hit the catcher so hard I could hear it and the benches emptied. It was wild and even though I'm really a wussy I had to do something so I grabbed a friend from the other team and told him to make it look good. We just grabbed each other and started rolling around in the infield away from the main fight. It took quite a while to get things restored ? No real injury problems except the catcher that got the first slug looked pretty bad and it took him a while to look normal again. One of my team mates ask me about my friend and I. He said I thought you and Tony were friends. I responded that not when it comes to defending my team mates. Smart move on my half huh? OFC

Mac what about our next wrestling show, PPMW?? PECKERS POTTED MEAT WRESTLING??? OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
I don’t know how anything can compare to the Malice at the Palace.. I mean, players were going into the stands knocking out fans.. nothing in professional American sports can compare to that..

I did witness an all-out brawl at a church basketball game years ago.. if I could have got it on camera phone (this was before people video recorded everything), I would have definitely had a viral video on my hands. The court was covered in players fighting, parents screaming, refs running out the gym.. all in a Church gym.

Fights are what make beer league softball and church league basketball fun. I've been in quite a few....kinda sad to say but I'm always game for a little rough housing.

I really do think the Malice at the Palace was an all timer. I was watching it live in disbelief. It just kept going on 3 different fronts and they were actually fighting for real. Most of the fights now are just a show.

I dont know why, but I really enjoyed the Odor Bautista fight. Odor really brought that right with him.

I miss the days of Tyson knocking a guy out in 30 seconds. I still am perplexed how you go from being that dominant to mediocre.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT