ADVERTISEMENT

Annual DI tourney?

DukefanKY

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 4, 2011
Central Ky
We have posted about the open and the PGA. I think we have a lot of golfers here? Let's kick around the idea of an annual DI golf tournament. Who would be interested? When? I'm thinking in the spring after the NCAA tourney is over, or, the weekend of CTC?
We could get a replica of the US OPEN trophy and every year engrave the winners name on it and they get to keep it till next year. Of course Duke Denver would probably rather use a replica of the claret jug....for obvious reasons!! Anyway, does this have any legs? When?where?....if we decide to do it, I will provide the trophy......and will cook the inagural dinner....
WHO's IN????

And the tradition can be......Show rides Dukie J to the first tee on the Harley......and J washes it......topless!!

Yep.....I think we need to see who all is interested....where they are from, and pick a centrally located spot.....but if we did it the weekend of CTC, I'm guessing in NC......anywhere but kensucky

OAD could be the commissioner and sky's dad could be the promoter.....Show is security and Duke Denver is the vending manager.....SoCalDukie is the entertainment manager and hart is the tee box announcer......we can make this work guys! ESPN will BEG to cover it.....Dukie J can negotiate the contract with them and QC Dukie can just walk around starting controversy! We can make this work!! We can think up jobs for others when we get more details worked out!!

I think it would be nice to see some Duke colors on the golf course. I'm in and hope we can make it happen.

OAD could be the commissioner and sky's dad could be the promoter.....Show is security and Duke Denver is the vending manager.....SoCalDukie is the entertainment manager and hart is the tee box announcer......we can make this work guys! ESPN will BEG to cover it.....Dukie J can negotiate the contract with them and QC Dukie can just walk around starting controversy! We can make this work!! We can think up jobs for others when we get more details worked out!!
Me stir up controversy?? I would never.......unless there's a unx fan nearby :)

I would play even though I barely break 100.
Hillandale would be good course. Close to Duke and to Bullock's BBQ

if there is enough support, we just need to decide if we prefer spring, summer, or fall....and where, but I'm thinking in North Carolina would probably get the most support. We can just kick it around for awhile and see how much interest there is

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT