Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters

DukefanKY

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 4, 2011
Central Ky
Since there is no tournament, who do you “think” would have won. Not who you wanted to win, but if you actually had to bet your house, who would you have bet on?

I’m not going to actually vote because I honestly think it could’ve/would’ve been 1 of 3 teams
1) Duke
2) Kansas
3) Florida State

Dont know who would have won it all. But I know this, UNC got smoked on the last full day of the season. One heck of a silver lining for me.
That’s one of the only bright spots of the season ending the way that it did. The other being that ad beat UNC in our last regular season game on Senior Night, which turned out to be our last game of the season.

If unc cheater u had not lost thry would have won. Just thought I would throw that in there. OFC

If Duke wins this poll I say we just count it as number 6.

in all honesty, I thought it was going to be a crapshoot with a lot of upsets. Then, they announced no fans, which would have hurt the underdogs in a lot of cases. I think we could have seen at least one, if not two, mid majors in the F4. Mich St would have either lost in the first round or made it to their token placeholder as somebody’s guaranteed win in the F4. I think the B10 otherwise would have disappointed in the tournament. Duke would have beaten KY 119-83 in the E8. KU would probably have made the F4, but I could see them rolling over to a Gonzaga or Dayton. Maryland would have lost in the first round and couches and dumpsters all over Degenerate Park would have burned, but it would have smelled better than before. UNC would have gathered at one of Roy’s rental homes, smoked a blunt with PJ, and cried as Coach K smiled during One Shining Moment.

Reactions: dbav
I don’t think this team would have won it and I’m sure competition inflated the numbers, but I put together a little matrix to try and help with my bracket pool selections. I took the top 12 teams and looked at where they ranked in 5 categories. Offensive efficiency, defensivel efficiency, 3 point %, free throw %, and turnovers. If they were the best of the 12 in that category, I gave them a 1. If they were the worst, I gave them a 2, and so on. At the end I added up tbeir total score. By a good margin, San Diego state has the smallest number. Now, would I have picked them as national champions? Highly doubtful, but I thought it was interesting

Dont know who would have won it all. But I know this, UNC got smoked on the last full day of the season. One heck of a silver lining for me.
Agreed. If the season had to end, this was as good as it gets, short of Duke winning of course. In all seriousness, Ol Roy has looked terrible lately. Physically , I mean. This season as really worn on him. Not complaining, just and observation.

I too thought this was the year a mid major would take the title. I haven't seen enough of Dayton to say it would be them, but based on the way this year has gone, I think the championship was ripe for the taking.

Duke crystal ball prediction - roll in the first round, win on by 2 on a last second shot against a weaker opponent in the round of 32, dominate the S16 game with hot shooting/stellar D, lose by 15 in the E8 to San Diego State who shoots 70% from 3 while we are ice cold.

Hard to say. I went with Kansas due to them being consistent all season only losing to 3 top 20 teams. Duke had a chance and was turning the corner at the right time. What a shitty way to end the season. I haven't been this disappointed in a long long time. On top of that, those asshats down the road will return a lot of good players and add a decent recruiting class next season. This sucks, no other way to describe it.

Hard to say. I went with Kansas due to them being consistent all season only losing to 3 top 20 teams. Duke had a chance and was turning the corner at the right time. What a shitty way to end the season. I haven't been this disappointed in a long long time. On top of that, those asshats down the road will return a lot of good players and add a decent recruiting class next season. This sucks, no other way to describe it.

they had good players? Could have fooled me

I said Kansas, based solely on their whole body of work. The tournament is so much about matchups (cliche, I know) that without seeing it on paper it's almost impossible to guess.

As much as I love our guys, I didn't see a long run in this group. By our second game (assuming we won the first), everything was going to be a grind. I'm not sure I envisioned us winning three straight games like that.

There were a lot of teams with a real shot. Gun to my head, I'm saying Kansas - I think they clearly established themselves, over the course of the entire season, as the best team this year. As we all know, that doesn't mean you win!

Think about a team like Dayton - they had a very real shot. They have never been this good in my lifetime, and might not be again any time soon. They were a 1 seed with the best player in the country - how often do you say that about Dayton - and they won't get to play the tournament. This time next year Toppin will be working on his NBA ROY resume.

There is a leaked bracket going around Twitter (not sure why but my phone wont allow me to post it on here) of what the field looked like prior to the tournament.

We were a 3 in the East, playing Belmont Round 1.
Iowa was the 6, we would have most likely played them second round, I like us in that.
Creighton was the 2, without their best player.
Dayton was the 1, didn't beat a top 25 team all season.

I'm aware this weekend would have changed things, but this would have been an amazing draw.

Don't mind me while I go play in traffic now.

There is a leaked bracket going around Twitter (not sure why but my phone wont allow me to post it on here) of what the field looked like prior to the tournament.

Iowa was the 6, we would have most likely played them second round, I like us in that.

I'm aware this weekend would have changed things, but this would have been an amazing draw.

Wow. If that had been our bracket, I really think we win that one.

Reactions: jwill133

U trying to make it more painful than it already is?:D

giphy.gif

Reactions: jwill133
I would have picked Kansas as well, but I also really liked Gonzaga as well.

Not buying that finals at all. But the way this season went, who knows?

Not saying Duke would've won, but there's no way we drop a third straight elite eight game. I think Tre and the guys would've gotten us over the hump and into the final four with how that bracket played out. But I'm a homer.

Voted Duke but really feel like FSU may have won the entire damn thing!

For teams like Florida State, Baylor and even a Stephen F Austin, this has to be crushing. We are pretty spoiled as Duke fans. We are usually in the hunt every year, but a team like Stephen f Austin, who probably felt like they had a chance to make some noise when will that happen again?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT