ADVERTISEMENT

Which fan base is more obsessed with Duke? Kentucky or North Carolina? Thoughts?

Lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol lmao lol
Best post of the day hahahaha.....I mean lol lmao

Born and raised in Lexington,Ky. That said i would go with UNC, maybe the online UK fans but the majority of UK fans do not post on blogs. They do however hate hate hate on Duke whenever they can, but majority of UK fans are just that Kentucky fans and are ignorant to college basketball as a whole. They argue with dumb*** logic, and are going to win it every year. I hate bbn but have much respect for their players and coach.

unCHEAT. Not even close. 1st off unCHEAT is our only rival. Not our main rival our only rival UK thinks they are our rival. If UKplays unCHEAT pure Duke fans always pulls for UK no matter what the situation is and the same should be said about unCHEAT fans when Duke plays UK. All you need to do is check out thr or this board. Someone once said over at thr that I am obsessed with the tar heels. Well here's the way it really is for me. It's just about as gratifying to see unCHEAT lose as Duke to win and some of you may remember me saying this before but it hurts me to see unCHEAT score whether it is basketball, football, baseball or any other sport they play down in chapel hill. I do think UK fans however are still pissed about Laettner's shot and blood stomp. I don't think they will ever get over it. unCHEAT however just can't get over Coach K and the nerve he had to beat beat their rear ends off constantly. They just can't deal with it so they revert to calling him some of the most vulgar names and accusing him of things that are ridiculous. Now to me that is obsessed and it is what the rivalry is all about. OFC
Maybe not now, and I might be in the minority here, but in the 2000’s I sure as heck hated Maryland and considered them a rival. Now I would root for them over the holes, but after that I loved it when they lost. It was joyful to me when they did lose, almost as joyful as a hole loss. Didn’t like their players, and don’t get me started on Gary Williams and their annoying fan base. I lost sleep watching them cut down the nets in 2002. Lol! Now I have satisfaction in knowing they are a has been and I still do love it when they lose.

UK's obsession with Duke is based on our success and their desire to make claim to being the greatest college basketball program of all time. UNC's obsession is just a rivalry's POV. Personally, UNC's obsession seems more desperate and UK's seems more petty.

UNC's image has been tarnished and whether it will recover is anyone's guess. Whatever success on the court they have will always come with the tag "...worst academic scandal in college sports".

UK just wants to make sure everyone thinks they are the coolest kids on the block. "Everyone wants to play at our school", "Everyone knows that we have the best coach", "Everyone knows that we have completely genuine relationship dope rappers", "Everyone knows that we have the best recruiting class", "Everyone knows...". So these guys get tweaked anytime they have to encounter the reality that probably don't have the best coach, or the #1 recruiting class, or the highest ranking, or the best record.

UNC's obsession is more vindictive because of the long history, close proximity, and their recent reputation free-fall. The Carolina Way has a new meaning.

I think this is my general feeling, coming from someone who doesn't live near north carolina or kentucky, at least from the few people i've personally met at the duke games i have been to.

Maybe on here (sorry i don't remember where i heard it), but i remember someone saying

"i hate UNC more but i respect Kentucky less"

and that used to sum up my feelings pretty well prior to the colossal academic scandal. #royknew #theyallknew

In general, I'd say unc is more obsessed with duke, but they should be as they're the rival. Kentucky is very obsessed too but not as much. And since that obsession comes from a team a lot of duke fans don't care about nearly as much, it seems odd that they are so obsessed with duke. And maybe it only feels like the kentucky fans are super obsessed too because of that.

Yeah, I never cared much for Maryland at all...And conn as well when Calhoun was there.
Oh yea. Some of the most heartbreaking losses as a Duke fan have come at the hands of UCONN(99, and 04). Still ticked at those losses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT