ADVERTISEMENT

Trevon Duval

We need a good PG, typical kid, cocky, so what...Sign him.
I didn't say I didn't want him...nor we can just sign him or we would have already..nor did I say we haven't had players similar.........:) if some don't see he's a little different then accustomed to ur about as blind and some with the annual rose colored glasses .....;) guarantee if he goes somewhere other then Duke the ol "he won't meant for Duke" he's a selfish player" he's a thug" he's not that good" comments will explode from some! Just like the bolden situation lmao...too predictable ...I always try to be unbiased and give my honest opinion reguardless where what or whatever a kid does ...these are kids..some treat them as like robots or something ..goddd that rmakes me mad....and naaaa we don't need a pg....;) and that's not directed towards u I mean I just quoted to post ..we'll some is

Last edited:
Duval is no more "flashy" than a lot of Duke players over the years.
Go back and watch Corey Maggette's high school highlights (and wow they are incredible) or go check out Austin Rivers celebrating after every basket in High School.
Jayson Tatum too, heck he celebrated after every 3 pointer in college, and it never seemed to be an issue. (Other than giving me a heart attack every so often.)

Duval is no more "flashy" than a lot of Duke players over the years.
Go back and watch Corey Maggette's high school highlights (and wow they are incredible) or go check out Austin Rivers celebrating after every basket in High School.
Jayson Tatum too, heck he celebrated after every 3 pointer in college, and it never seemed to be an issue. (Other than giving me a heart attack every so often.)
I agree this is such a non issue it's incredible.

Reactions: bfort2223
You obviously haven't watched enough of him ..I never said it was going to be an issue ...he even said himself he's going to do something nobody's ever done to announce his decision...and that's not different ? Lol the sugar coating is unreal when it comes to ..nevermind ..have a nice day guys :).id love to see you in a Duke jersey Trevon! Leggo! #6!

Just crossed my mind but what if Grayson announces he's staying and Duval commits ..does Jackson consider the draft?or Trent Especially if Knox commits also...I think guys are either enjoying this well deserved attention or waiting to see what shakes out! Or both...we'll duhhh!! That's obvious ! I feel dumb for saying that, but yea the first part..imo I don't think it matters but yea! Opinions

Last edited:
when is Grayson deadline to declare? He's taking forever. Just declare and don't hire an agent. The sooner he make a decision the sooner we know what Duval and Knox will do. Well I think Knox is the only one waiting on draft decisions now. I'm ready to see this roster finalized so I can start trash talking my Carolina friends. We usually win the year after them anyway

Idk why I thought they won in 2014. I'm trippin

Probably because you went to the Dean Dome one time and saw all the banners they hung for the 2014 season. Don't worry it happens to a lot of people, you have to read the fine print but they're so dang high up in the rafters.

Reactions: pisgah101
Assuming Allen decides to stay and Duval comes, who gets left out? Signing Knox means someone really good won't play much
We'd play 3 guards for much of the season. That's 30 minutes per game for all 4 guys and Trent will need adjustment time most likely. Bolden, Carter and Javin can get plenty of time down low. Knox would be great to add as an 8th rotation man instead of Jack and Vrank. We still need Duval plus one more before PT gets crowded. Knox eats minutes from Javin/Trent/Bolden, but they should use it as motivation to just get better and find a role.

Last edited:
Assuming Allen decides to stay and Duval comes, who gets left out? Signing Knox means someone really good won't play much

I really think if Allen is back... Knox goes elsewhere.... if Allen leaves I think we get Knox

when is Grayson deadline to declare? He's taking forever. Just declare and don't hire an agent. The sooner he make a decision the sooner we know what Duval and Knox will do. Well I think Knox is the only one waiting on draft decisions now. I'm ready to see this roster finalized so I can start trash talking my Carolina friends. We usually win the year after them anyway

Some of these kids are getting more than annoying. All probably know where they are going but enjoy being drama queens too much.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I really think if Allen is back... Knox goes elsewhere.... if Allen leaves I think we get Knox
That is probably the only scenario that works as far as playing time. I would much rather have Allen. There's no way bringing in Knox if Allen stays won't cause playing time issues. Those that think K will play 8 guys strong are more optimistic than myself. He will shrink roster down to 7 strong probably, and in many cases during 2nd half, 6. In my opinion, the talent is there, blend it with the bench guys or risk losing 1 or 2 at end of season again

Reactions: hart2chesson
Duval has playmaking ability. When is the last time Duke had someone like that who can also pass the ball at the PG position? Jay Williams?

Duval plays with a chip on his shoulder on both sides of the court like Russell Westbrook but less selfish. Duke has lacked that for along time probably since Christian Laettner. Duke has had players like that since on either side, but no one with that attitude on both sides of the court maybe Jay Williams or Daniel Ewing. He is the type of player who could get triple doubles. It would allow Grayson and Jackson cheap buckets by leaking out early with Duval's ability to rebound.

That's an interesting take... I still believe that Grayson's decision will be more influential to Knox more then Duval.

I totally agree! Duval has the keys if he commits, Grayson staying or leaving has nothing to do with it IMHO. Trent Jr would come off the bench, I personally believe he is a 2-3 year player. There are only a handful of OAD in this class as it isn't as strong as last year's.

Why is everyone discounting Arizona in this race? Sean Miller is one of the best recruiters in the country.

Yeah, Tyus. Additionally, we have pretty much had one far more often than we have not. And when we didnt, it was ecause we got a very highly regarded pg that didn't exactly work out as planned. Me thinks we are just a bit too spoiled.

If I were Duval I would want to play with Allen, Jackson and Trent Jr. Allen and Jackson are not point guards. He can penetrate drive and dish to an open Jackson, Allen or Trent Jr. for wide open shots. He can also dish to an open Carter Jr or Bolden for easy Dunks. A pass first point guard that doesn't have a great three point shot should want to play with as many shooters as possible IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT