ADVERTISEMENT

Lakers wanting to hire Dan Hurley

Imagine Alex Karaban will be pissed. He was a potential late 1st round or early 2nd round pick in the NBA draft that came back to make a run at a title. Yes, he can transfer but he can’t get back in the draft.
True, but his overriding priority -- a chance for a 3rd title -- remains.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Died a quick death for sure, jeffrey!!

OFC

P.S. @skysdad come back sky,sky come back
Thanks for the invite hart. I do lurk and see many very good comments made by some very good Duke fans. Basically I don't care for confrentation and there's still some going. I do realize that DI does have The Lounge and if you want confrentation then that's the place to go. I did not care for the recliner coaches who everytime we would lose had the solution for winning that game but seemed to be absent when we win. There is no coach or player bashing but you can express your opinion , frustrastrations and disappointments. The trolls from other programs that pop up consistantly became too much for me although I know it's a free board and the DI mods has their hands full controlling them. There's probably some trolls that somehow got on DBB but it was by deception and they stay quiet and don't post. Pisgah was right in the fact that this board has grown beyond my mindset or passed me by and I can't change with the times. I joined DI back in 2006 and DBB is a lot like DI was then. Once again I do lurk and there's a lot of positive Duke fans here but believe when I say DBB is home and it is perfect for me. OFC. ( I didn't forget the OFC)

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite hart. I do lurk and see many very good comments made by some very good Duke fans. Basically I don't care for confrentation and there's still some going. I do realize that DI does have The Lounge and if you want confrentation then that's the place to go. I did not care for the recliner coaches who everytime we would lose had the solution for winning that game but seemed to be absent when we win. There is no coach or player bashing but you can express your opinion , frustrastrations and disappointments. The trolls from other programs that pop up consistantly became too much for me although I know it's a free board and the DI mods has their hands full controlling them. There's probably some trolls that somehow got on DBB but it was by deception and they stay quiet and don't post. Pisgah was right in the fact that this board has grown beyond my mindset and I can't change with the times. I joined DI back in 2006 and DBB is a lot like DI was then. Once again I do lurk and there's a lot of positive Duke fans here but believe when I say DBB is home and it is perfect for me. OFC. ( I didn't forget the OFC)
And we certainly didn't forget you, OFC.
OFC

Hearing Hurley is likely staying but nothing official yet

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite hart. I do lurk and see many very good comments made by some very good Duke fans. Basically I don't care for confrentation and there's still some going. I do realize that DI does have The Lounge and if you want confrentation then that's the place to go. I did not care for the recliner coaches who everytime we would lose had the solution for winning that game but seemed to be absent when we win. There is no coach or player bashing but you can express your opinion , frustrastrations and disappointments. The trolls from other programs that pop up consistantly became too much for me although I know it's a free board and the DI mods has their hands full controlling them. There's probably some trolls that somehow got on DBB but it was by deception and they stay quiet and don't post. Pisgah was right in the fact that this board has grown beyond my mindset or passed me by and I can't change with the times. I joined DI back in 2006 and DBB is a lot like DI was then. Once again I do lurk and there's a lot of positive Duke fans here but believe when I say DBB is home and it is perfect for me. OFC. ( I didn't forget the OFC)
Well you are very much welcome Sky. You are very much missed,and one of the reasons I got on this board.

I think our board is as strong as ever,and Timo and Pisgah do a very good job of keeping the trolls away when they show their arse.
THE 5 POINT PLAY PODCAST is a good source of following the hoops program too.Also,the football section of the board remains strong with great stuff from Duke beat writer @ConorONeill(Conor of course contributes in ALL SPORTS),and occassionally offers free stories off his premium site. @surfdevil makes his timely football contributions too. Sky all the best my friend!!

P.S. Sky I couldnt close here without your theme song, you used to post for a laugh at appropriate times. The Billy McCaffery lookalike,Rick Astley:

OFC

Well you are very much welcome Sky. You are very much missed,and one of the reasons I got on this board.

I think our board is as strong as ever,and Timo and Pisgah do a very good job of keeping the trolls away when they show their arse.
THE 5 POINT PLAY PODCAST is a good source of following the hoops program too.Also,the football section of the board remains strong with great stuff from Duke beat writer @ConorONeill(Conor of course contributes in ALL SPORTS),and occassionally offers free stories off his premium site. @surfdevil makes his timely football contributions too. Sky all the best my friend!!

P.S. Sky I couldnt close here without your theme song, you used to post for a laugh at appropriate times. The Billy McCaffery lookalike,Rick Astley:

OFC
LOL.OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
For those of you who follow Duke sports other than basketball, there is great info shared in the football thread. Between Conor and Surfdevil, I look there first before anywhere else for Duke football news.

And I agree, this board has become much more civil and less like Kentucky's or the Cheater's boards, in recent days.

Hurley will probably take the Knicks job in 5 years or so if it opens up. The pros like his offense.

Reactions: Liftee
Don’t think UCONN can pay him $11 Million a season but will get a raise from $5 Million. Left a lot of money on the table. Maybe it’s JJ job now.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT