ADVERTISEMENT

Trevon Duval

Is he playing in the Jordan game?Know he got hurt in the World Summitt game do not know how serious it was

He came back in the second half and played so I assume he will play in the Jordan brand classic

Duval says Kansas atmosphere was at an 11 . Duke was a 10 ...interesting ..I watched both games and I actually agree that Kansas game gave me tingles especially at the beginning how they announced it..I honestly think Kansas is his choice ..to me it just fits his personality better..but he may end up choosing Duke based on PT..I think the crystal balls wrong it's 60-40 Ku imo..I'm slowly losing faith ..please!!! Come to Duke!!

Grayson has never been a great shooter at duke. He's been good at times but is inconsistent and if he gets in foul trouble or misses his first few shots he gets frustrated and it hurts the team. I'm not saying he sucks because he's a good player when he plays within himself and let the game come to him. As the other guy mentioned duval would be the pg I get that with Jackson and Allen at the 2/3 but I think I guys would be much better with Trent and Jackson at the two and three if you land duval. Allen would have to come off the bench but he can play all 3 guard spots and will get his minutes he just might not start
I've literally never seen so many incorrect statements by 1 individual in a single thread.

Duval says Kansas atmosphere was at an 11 . Duke was a 10 ...interesting ..I watched both games and I actually agree that Kansas game gave me tingles especially at the beginning how they announced it..I honestly think Kansas is his choice ..to me it just fits his personality better..but he may end up choosing Duke based on PT..I think the crystal balls wrong it's 60-40 Ku imo..I'm slowly losing faith ..please!!! Come to Duke!!

Obviously Duval is a huge priority, but I cant believe Duke staff doesnt have an ace up its sleeve for a back-up option if he slips away...

OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
I wouldn't...we do Jackson lol ...not the option I want but the only

Well I was just checking out the Rafters board and they have a bunch of them saying that no way Duval goes to Duke as he is not the "Duke type" and that he is probably just using the Duke name for extra exposure. Several follow with things like "100% agree". I'd say it is more wishful thinking on their part than anything else.

Well I was just checking out the Rafters board and they have a bunch of them saying that no way Duval goes to Duke as he is not the "Duke type" and that he is probably just using the Duke name for extra exposure. Several follow with things like "100% agree". I'd say it is more wishful thinking on their part than anything else.
Yea lol! Everywhere I have read Duval is pretty much a done deal for Duke!

Yea lol! Everywhere I have read Duval is pretty much a done deal for Duke!

Yeah, they are seriously hoping to hell Duke doesn't get Duval. They can have Bamba and the Holes can have Knox but they both know that if Duke gets Duval it is game on, baby. A couple on the Rafters board even mentioned how OVERRATED Duval is. Lol. Sometimes sour grapes do taste delicious.

Reactions: SoCal Dukie
Yeah, they are seriously hoping to hell Duke doesn't get Duval. They can have Bamba and the Holes can have Knox but they both know that if Duke gets Duval it is game on, baby. A couple on the Rafters board even mentioned how OVERRATED Duval is. Lol. Sometimes sour grapes do taste delicious.
Duval would be great for Duke, because we'll build an offensive system around him. Cal will just yell "Dribble drive!" over and over. Roy will just have him push the tempo every possession with no real plan and will always forbid timeouts.

Reactions: KellenPatrick
With Duval, Duke could have the best backcourt in the country!!

Duval is a hell of a player and I hope we get him but after watching these latest highlights on Rivals, I can someone understand why folks say he's not a Duke kind of kid. Every time he scored in his highlights, he is talking shit. Be interesting to see how his personality would fit with Coach K and staff. Think the fans would love it as long as he dominates and we win but could see fans turning against him. Just my $.02.

I tend to agree with those that say his personality doesn't fit Duke

As far as Duval "talking shit" after he scores etc...... I can't see Coach K Or Coach Self - letting him do that and just sitting there saying "yeah that's cool"
Give me a Break

If we miss on Duval, Jackson will be our everything next year, and the "cast a wider net" chorus will be full on fortissimo.

Idk what the hell this "Duke type" nonsense even means. Talented? Successful? He looks like both to me.

Gary Trent Jr has alil cockiness in him and that didn't stop coach k from reaching out to him. Duval is exactly what Duke needs some nasty PG play to go along with 2 dominant bigs. Can't wait til the saga ends
I want Duval this year. And next year we should land Tre Jones and that other PG from Tennessee Garland are high duke lean

Last edited:
Trust the sources on this board, they don't steer us wrong very often at all.

I do. However this seemed like a credible report worth bringing to attention of members. I just hope we have some sort of viable Plan B....

OFC

Duke has never had guys who talk before...Now if we had a history of cocky trash talking guys like Laettner, Dahntay Jones, Magette, JJ, Singler, Allen, then I'd feel good, but Coach K doesn't know how to handle that type of player.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Duke has never had guys who talk before...Now if we had a history of cocky trash talking guys like Laettner, Dahntay Jones, Magette, JJ, Singler, Allen, then I'd feel good, but Coach K doesn't know how to handle that type of player.

Slick my friend! Lol

OFC

Idk what the hell this "Duke type" nonsense even means. Talented? Successful? He looks like both to me.
He seems like a floor slapper to me, and I like that. I want my point guard to take control. You need an edge for that. He'll learn over the summer to talk trash with your game, not your mouth.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Plus a lot of those highlights are AAu fodder where the actual games are so uncompetitive and boring that trash talking is the only way to make them enjoyable. I mean I'm as old school fundamental as it gets on the court, but in a low level pick up game I will run my mouth some.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT