ADVERTISEMENT

Tre......

I definitely dont see St John's wilting. They should be more than up for this game. This will be their Super Bowl. This is one of those up and down teams that scare me. Even if we blow them out, I expect them to fight to the end. A blowout might be worse, leading to some chippy play. My guess is they are bothered by the Duke/Zion/RJ hype more than most teams and will be looking to prove a point.

I agree. St John’s is a top 25 team when Ponds is healthy. They will up for that game for sure. If we are at full strength and equally motivated it is a blow out, but that’s the case against a lot of teams. St John’s is no slouch and Ponds can go off. Would love to see Tre lock him up.

Am i the only one who doesn’t want him to come back Saturday? Just don’t see a point in rushing/risking it in a game where we’ll be fine with out him. I say give him a couple more rest days

Am i the only one who doesn’t want him to come back Saturday? Just don’t see a point in rushing/risking it in a game where we’ll be fine with out him. I say give him a couple more rest days

My feeling is that if he's going to play it's because he's cleared and not at any increased risk of re-injury. I don't see K rushing him back, and especially not against Georgia Tech at home.

My feeling is that if he's going to play it's because he's cleared and not at any increased risk of re-injury. I don't see K rushing him back, and especially not against Georgia Tech at home.
Right! If he’s ready they wouldn’t have cleared him to play. If he was cleared, what sense does it make to sit out two more days?

Lol i guess so. I mean i want him to play just not too soon where it’s more likely to re-injure it.
I mean, I get what you’re saying, but I’m pretty sure the staff wouldn’t clear him if he wasn’t ready to go.

Duke isn't rushing him back. If he's ready to play, then play him. This isn't the first time Duke has dealt with an injury. They know what they're doing.

Adam Rowe (not always accurate) on the Devil's Den Podcast said he anticipates Tre coming back next Sat for the St. Johns game.

That would be nice, I would love to see Tre lock up Shamorie Ponds, who is crushing it this year, and absolutely destroyed us last year.
What an idiot.....

Lol i guess so. I mean i want him to play just not too soon where it’s more likely to re-injure it.

Keep in mind, "K" said probable. Also, there is always a chance of him getting his shoulder injured again, that's just the nature of the beast.
We just have to trust the trainer and Coach K, and we all know how "K" feels about his prized PG! He would not take a chance playing him if he didn't believe he was ok.
I know I am excited to see him back, especially this soon.
Go Duke!
OFC

I just saw this on Facebook. I doubt Coach K would put it out there that Tre is probable to play tomorrow if he didn’t think he was ready to play.

Reactions: pisgah101
If anything.... and this is a big if.. Tre will be on a minute restriction.. but no way I would see bringing Tre back if he wasn’t 100%..... this is huge to have him back especially with the quick turnaround from Saturday to at ND Monday.

"Tre is probable for this game," Krzyzewski told Duke broadcaster David Shumate. "He has really progressed well, and hopefully he will be ready to go on Saturday." FWIW. Probably same thing everyone else has seen thus far.

The rest of the college basketball world......

wOhKrgQ.jpg

When the injury first happened, a lot of us were left wondering if that would be the last time we see him in a Duke uniform. The fact that he's ready to go so soon after the injury is a blessing from the basketball gods. Hopefully this is the last time we have to talk about injuries this season and we get to see this team live up to their potential.

Reactions: Neners
Tre is and has been all year my favorite Dukie on this team. So glad he’s back so soon. Let’s pray for an injury free rest of season.

Reactions: Neners and dukiejay
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT