ADVERTISEMENT

Selection Show

Grant Hill makes a great point...9 ACC teams make the tourney but only 1 of them make the East region.

Rhode Island have 2 snr guards that lead their team...that hasnt been a good recipe for us in the past.
Bilas just made the point about how does MSU become a #3 seed when they were ranked high all year and could have been a #1 ..yet more reason to scratch your head about UNC being a #2

- you had 8 and we had 9 going into the tourney

- correct

- we finished tied for 3rd this year. You finished tied for 5th last year.

- UNC played the hardest schedule this year. Duke had the 9th rated schedule last year.

- maybe you misread me. I said neither team’s ranking was egregious. Both got generous draws. UNC clearly got a great draw this year. But it’s also been one of the flukiest years I can remember. The amount of losses too 20 teams have is crazy.
And, again, you're completely ignoring the injury issues Duke had last year and the fact that they were healthy come tournament time. UNC has no such mitigating factors to explain their losses.

A few points....

We had eight losses last year going into the NCAAT. You have 10 this season.

We won the ACCT. You guys didn’t.

We finished 5th last season....you guys were 6th this year.

As for egregious....no team has ever been a two-seed with nine losses. There’s now one team that has been a two-seed with 10 losses and that same team lost three of their final five games. That team also got a very favorable bracket. I’ll say this....it’s been one helluva year being a UNC fan. First, you win a national championship, then you get off on a technicality after cheating for 20 years and now the committee said, “here, we’re sorry for how we’ve treated you the last five years.” Like I said....a great time to be a Tar Heel fan.

- you had 8 and we had 9 going into the tourney

- correct

- we finished tied for 3rd this year. You finished tied for 5th last year.

- UNC played the hardest schedule this year. Duke had the 9th rated schedule last year.

- maybe you misread me. I said neither team’s ranking was egregious. Both got generous draws. UNC clearly got a great draw this year. But it’s also been one of the flukiest years I can remember. The amount of losses too 20 teams have is crazy.
No. Duke had a total of 9 losses last year. 9th against SC

And, again, you're completely ignoring the injury issues Duke had last year and the fact that they were healthy come tournament time. UNC has no such mitigating factors to explain their losses.

Cam Johnson missed a ton of games. Felton was dismissed from the team.

Ah, missed that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Again, I’m not arguing duke didn’t deserve their seeding last year. I think they did. I feel UNC deserves its seeding as well.

Reactions: SorryNotSorry

Ah, missed that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Again, I’m not arguing duke didn’t deserve their seeding last year. I think they did. I feel UNC deserves its seeding as well.
I’m fine with them as a 2. I think people are balking at the region they were placed in.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
UNC got a 2 for the same reasons you guys got a two last year. Really tough schedule and a nice tourney run. UNC def got a great draw though. However Michigan is really coming on.

On the flip side, OK is a good draw for you guys. They shouldn’t even be in the tourney. And K owns Self.
UNC getting a 2 seed this season is nothing like Duke getting a 2 seed last season for 2 reasons
1) we won the ACCT last season, ya’ll didn’t win the ACCT this season
2) we had 8 losses going into the NCAAT last season, ya’ll have 10 losses going into the NCAAT this season

Reactions: Quavarius
I’m fine with them as a 2. I think people are balking at the region they were placed in.
I think trying to figure out the toughest regions is really tough this year. CBS just had UNC in the second hardest and duke in the hardest. Reality is it’s a toss up. No dominant teams out there.

I can’t remember a year where the acc tourney meant more. If Duke beats UNC, they get the 1 seed and UNC falls to a 3. If UNC had beaten uva, they climb to a 1.

Reactions: SorryNotSorry
Rhode Island have 2 snr guards that lead their team...that hasnt been a good recipe for us in the past.
Bilas just made the point about how does MSU become a #3 seed when they were ranked high all year and could have been a #1 ..yet more reason to scratch your head about UNC being a #2
I've seen them play, no too worried about Rhode Island...

I feel pretty confident we can get to the Sweet 16. After that it's gonna be tough. But we have a shot, and KU could get knocked out before the Elite 8.

MSU has 6 fewer losses, is ranked higher (and was all year) and tossed UNC's salad when they played. It's inexplicable on every level. The region on top of the 2 seed is just icing on the cake.

Yep - there is no logic ( UNC fans need not apply) that says UNC is the #2 and MSU is #3

Wow, a whole 10 games lost to injury. And he was back for plenty of your losses. Felton was booted, so he wasn't coming back (did he even play?) and has no bearing on the discussion.

Nice try though. Again, just say thanks to the NCAA for another massive, unearned gift and move along.

I think trying to figure out the toughest regions is really tough this year. CBS just had UNC in the second hardest and duke in the hardest. Reality is it’s a toss up. No dominant teams out there.

I can’t remember a year where the acc tourney meant more. If Duke beats UNC, they get the 1 seed and UNC falls to a 3. If UNC had beaten uva, they climb to a 1.

This is a joke, right? UNC got the easiest draw by a huuuuuuuuge margin. There will be NIT regions with tougher draws.

Hardest regions:
1. MW
2. South
3. East

4. My local YMCA rec league regional playoff

5. West

Anybody catch Iona on tv this year? I havent watched Iona since MoMo Jones played for them!!

This is a joke, right? UNC got the easiest draw by a huuuuuuuuge margin. There will be NIT regions with tougher draws.

Hardest regions:
1. MW
2. South
3. East

4. My local YMCA rec league regional playoff

5. West
Ol Roy might get to his third straight final four in this region without a fainting spell... GTHC! I'm done with that, our boys better man up and be ready..

Why have rankings all year if they are meaningless.
UNC drops 2 places after 2 losses but they jump 7 places winnnig 3 out of 4 games.
Michigan State got the shaft.

Duke got a tough region but I'm not bitchin'

If we get to the second weekend, we will need fans to show up in Omaha cause MSU and KU fans will be there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT