ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games

Great game. The Suggs block on Riley was a foul at the 2.00 minutes to go. The announcers, while showing the replay, gushed over the block and ignored the foul (wonder what J. Bilas would have said), when it was clearly obvious Suggs hit Riley's right arm causing him to miss the shot. The block and fantastic pass by Suggs for the slam was The Play of the game. Suggs would have had 4 fouls and Riley may have hit 0, 1, or both free throws, Gonzaga would not have had that energizing moment and Suggs would have to play more conservatively with 4 fouls. Basketball has several key plays, football has a handful, this one sequence seemed to seal the fate for both teams.

Pulling for the Zags to win. They are a fun team to watch and I think they put the hammer down on Baylor

And people saying I'm butthurt. Of course it's warranted, they're unbeaten. You're always gonna have people who want to see those teams fall.

I'm just giving you a hard time man. The Zags aren't Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, or Michigan so it wouldn't bother me.

It was a great shot to end a great game. No problem with the celebration. I love watching them have fun

Either way this season is forever tainted. Undefeated will always be followed by “the corona year blah blah” lol

They had ample chances to be upset. Beat
Kansas by 12, Auburn 23, West Va 5, Iown 8, UVA 23
I think they more than proved themselves.

Reactions: IFaZe and Mac9192

Those games were spread out and a team can get up for that. What if they played them back to back to back? That happens in some conferences when strong (looking at you ACC). Auburn was not good this year. Oddly enough Gonzaga were supposed to play Baylor after WVU but was cancelled. Virginia was not the vintage teams of the past five years.

Reactions: Quavarius
I specifically mentioned CONFERENCE games. You rarely see a power 5 team go undefeated in conference play. There’s a reason for that. Hi Mac!!!

Those 5 schools you mentioned won a total of 3 NCAAT games.

I’d like to see Gonzaga lose only because I don’t want to see an undefeated team in this wacky year we’ve had.
I’m not sure they would have went undefeated in a major conference, but they’re still a really good team, if not the best, this season. We will see tonight. And if they do lose, the goggle wearing Duke fans (like Gap) will be crowing that Few didn’t win the big one, and Duke’s still the premier program.
The weak conference argument isn’t their fault. No more than it’s Clemson’s fault no one is good in football in the acc.
Few has built Gonzaga up from a nobody to a national power. They play as tough a non conference as anyone. Plus, I’d put BYU and St Mary’s up against at least half our conference.

I don't think they are close to the best team ever. But they've had the best team 2 years running. Baylor could beat them; but I wouldn't bet on it. Not even the 5 points. Guess we'll know tonight.

Last edited:
Those 5 schools you mentioned won a total of 3 NCAAT games.
Big ****ing deal. Look at UCLA.What is Gonzaga supposed to do? They played who they played. Would have kicked anyone’s ass in ACC. I hope they win but Baylor’s guards may stop them.

If Gonzaga was in the Pac 12 they would probably have 2-3 losses (maybe) but also probably have a one seed and be where they are.

Crazy. I think they are well deserving of going undefeated if they win tonight lol. They’re the perfect team to be the first undefeated team in history...like I said the corona will always be associated with that ....along with their conference. But hey they beat some teams!! They deserve it.

Few seems like a great guy to play for. If they lose it will be because they don’t seem to have that 8-10 pt scorer off the bench.

Crazy. I think they are well deserving of going undefeated if they win tonight lol. They’re the perfect team to be the first undefeated team in history...

Bobby Knight's '76 natl title team is the last team to win it all and go undefeated. OFC

What a blitz by Baylor....5/5 from 3 to start and defensively causing TO's....Zags need to find some energy or this one will be over at half. Love to see the experience of Baylor's guards being a huge factor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT