ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games

1Dukie

All Conference
Oct 5, 2005
Kentucky bout to lose to Richmond 74 - 60 with 29 seconds.

Over the summer I heard this was Cals most talented team. They look like the least talented team in several years to be honest. Id take the UK team Zion and RJ thumped over this one no question.

Over the summer I heard this was Cals most talented team. They look like the least talented team in several years to be honest. Id take the UK team Zion and RJ thumped over this one no question.
I wish we had Boston though! Happy to see uk lose!

Reactions: jnastasi

There's only one other program I love to see lose. OFC

I watched the last 15 minutes of that UK game. Richmond showed something that will definitely be a concern at times for Duke, as far as the luxury of an old team that knows how to play together being a problem for a younger team. That experience level can bridge that talent gap a little bit, and that is exacerbated by no home crowd to give the young team more juice.

I watched the last 15 minutes of that UK game. Richmond showed something that will definitely be a concern at times for Duke, as far as the luxury of an old team that knows how to play together being a problem for a younger team. That experience level can bridge that talent gap a little bit, and that is exacerbated by no home crowd to give the young team more juice.

Very astute observation - older teams will have a major advantage in the early games as far as continuity and familiarity. It shows how underrated returning players are. No home court advantage is also a factor as you mention. The rankings will be very volatile in the early weeks.

Reactions: christophero
Gonzaga looks like the clear favorites...for now. We have been in their shoes before and failed to make a Final 4. I'm definitely not buying Iowa or Wisconsin from the Big10 as being great, I do think Illinois has the athletes and firepower to be great though. The Big10 looks like the deepest conference, but Illinois I think is the only team that could win a title. UVA: LOL.

We will know much more about this Duke team after the MSU and Illinois games, but I see us being one of the 8-10 teams with a chance to cut down the nets, no one else has looked great outside of Gonzaga. We just need to keep developing and stay healthy.

I think we need more guys to emerge as consistent weapons. Be it Baker Brakefield, or Roach. Hurt and Moore look like solid guys not go to guys and JJ and Steward will only take us so far. And Steward will not always go for 24. If we're just relying on a few guys with our defense we may not get out of the first weekend. But a lot can happen between now and then.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think we need more guys to emerge as consistent weapons. Be it Baker Brakefield, or Roach. Hurt and Moore look like solid guys not go to guys and JJ and Steward will only take us so far. And Steward will not always go for 24. If we're just relying on a few guys with our defense we may not get out of the first weekend. But a lot can happen between now and then.
Dude, they’ve only played 1 game. Chill.

Reactions: skysdad
Wisconsin - 12 pts at the 8 min time out....good news is green bay has 7.....geez

In other news from @jonrothstein on Twitter:

Richmond is pausing all basketball related activities following a positive COVID-19 test, per release. Spiders will not play at Charleston on Wednesday.

Refs carrying UNCheat on their backs, willing them to the win.

I don't know about that. According to the entitled fans of cheater u they get screwed by officials in all sports especially football and basketball. Accordin g to the entitled fans they have lost over 800 games just in basketball because of poor officiating. OFC

Reactions: toophly1124
I'm a UNC fan willing to admit an incredible bail-out call in the final 2 minutes. RJ Davis had his layup blocked. No contact. He did make the foul shots.

Reactions: Mac9192
I thought the KU/KY game was well played on both sides - the PG's on each team were instrumental especially from the KU side, and seeing more formal sets on offense was good to see. Both will be tough in March unfortunately

I hoped that I wouldn't see Mark Few's disgusting teeth. Unfortunately, he wears his mask like a chinstrap

Ol' Roy's job is to win games. Yet on every possession in the first half, his guards helped defend inside allowing wide open 3s. If he adjusted before falling behind 40-24, UNC probably wins

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
It's funny that my objective mind thinks UNC will be fine but I am worried over our loss last night. I know it's just one game but we have Illinois waiting, 2 or 3 cupcakes, and then the ACC. But I suspect we will be fine. We will need to grow up and come together in a hurry as there are less games.

Kessler is the best player on the team. A legitimate 7'1" with long arms. He hasn't played much. He was in covid protocol the last two weeks.

Carolina will be very good this season. They lost to a very good Texas team on a last second shot. Not going to deride the holes too much here, they're a team that's could potentially be good enough to go the distance come year's end. As much as it pains me to say that, haha

I like that "Baker, Brakefield or Roach" anyone of those three on a consistent basis emerging as offensive "weapons." Could be a big boost!! OFC

Wasn’t Coleman a recruiting target we missed on?
Yes, can’t remember the recruitment as well, but pretty sure he was a guy we were on for a while but he ended up going to Texas over us. I could be completely wrong but I want to say some of the Derryck Thornton stuff may have played a role there, again i may be completely wrong on how i remembered it.

Ol' Roy has a pathetic record at UNC against Texas. I'm not sure about 1-8, but probably. Ol' Roy was 6-1 against Texas when he was at Kansas

Roy is disliked at Texas in part because he persuaded Luke Axtell to transfer from Texas to Kansas

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT