ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Lville

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
After an awesome win Saturday we have a quick turnaround in the cozy confines of Cameron. Game is scheduled for 7pm on ESPN with duke being an astonishing 18.5 point favorite.

Lville comes into todays game with 4 total wins… 4… are they possibly the worst high major D1 of all time? I think it has to be close for sure. For context I just googled Louisville basketball and the women’s information came up. They are however coming off a win over Clemson and a very close game to UVA. Louisville is coached by Kenny Payne in year 1, he spent time as an assistant with the Knicks, UK for 10 years, part of that as associate head coach, then some time in Oregon prior to that. Kenny played college ball at Lville and was drafted 19 in the NBA draft where he lasted a few years in the league before going over seas. Lville’s associate head coach is Danny Manning and assistant coach is Nolan Smith who will make his red debut in Cameron tonight. I’m curious to see how he is received but I hope he leaves with the worst L of his career.

This one should be a breeze but this duke team has shown nothing is for sure.. never the less I’m leaning into our Saturday was the new norm for us-

Duke-89
Lville-60

I'll be at the game. Watching Louisville the last few weeks, Pitt smacked them around like Barbara Bach by a drunken Ringo Starr. Then they took Miami to the wire at Coral Cables, had UVA on the ropes at home, and gave it to a reeling Clemson team at the KFC Yum center on Saturday. They definitely have shown a little more pep in their step in the last week since the Pitt spanking. I don't know what to expect here. Hope for the best and expect the worst. Duke by 8.

We win but don't cover the 18. 1) Louisville has been playing better lately and 2) We regress a bit in shooting compared to the other night. We were just hot the whole game against a team that can only play a zone.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Hoping the Syracuse game injected some confidence in the team. Duke should win by 12-15.

First 10 minutes: shooting bricks and turning the ball over. Board in meltdown mode. Lively 2 quick fouls. Our 3 point shooting returns to the mean.
Next 10: a little better, maybe a 4 point halftime lead. Lots of "how can be the same team" type posts.
Second half we go up by 10 but can't pull away. We end up winning by less than 10.
Call me Nostradomus.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
It's a Monday nite hangover struggle, as we think we can show up and win. We're good, but not THAT GOOD....yet....Notre Dame was scary enough. Duke by 8. OFC

Reactions: christophero
First 10 minutes: shooting bricks and turning the ball over. Board in meltdown mode. Lively 2 quick fouls. Our 3 point shooting returns to the mean.
Next 10: a little better, maybe a 4 point halftime lead. Lots of "how can be the same team" type posts.
Second half we go up by 10 but can't pull away. We end up winning by less than 10.
Call me Nostradomus.
I hate how accurate this sounds

I can’t watch live so I’ll enjoy the banter later I guess 😂

Posting late because I got to the game late, stupid state tax credit solar issues. How do we look? Kinda wish we’d be leading by more but looks good from the last 3 minutes I saw

Posting late because I got to the game late, stupid state tax credit solar issues. How do we look? Kinda wish we’d be leading by more but looks good from the last 3 minutes I saw
We did not sound bad, just the Cards just couldn't miss early and went up 18-9. A 13-0 run put us in the lead. Grandison buried a couple of open three. Whitehead has missed a few good looks. Only one of those fall and we are up double digits

Reactions: ioliva
9 point halftime lead. I'll take it. Mitchell has 11, Lively 9, Grandison 6. Now 7. Comon guys. 12 point lead. That's better. I'm still at work. Flip coming on strong.

Last edited:
I have my ticket puncher if we win tonight. 20 wins and we're in.
51-37 Duke.
59-44.

Last edited:
Why are we playing like we have a 10 point lead with 2 minutes left compared to 10 minutes left

This team has lulls every game. I can’t remember a Duke team that did it the way this team does. They’re playing better, but it’s still in waves.

I don't know what is more surprising. The fact that we are inconsistent or the fact that people are surprised that we are inconsistent. It is just who we are. Just get the w. 20 wins yay. Tougher stretch coming up.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT