ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Lville

Well, good news is that’s some balanced scoring AND rebounding…..

Ps Roach will be back next year. Mark it.

I think we can all agree these long stretches with no buckets is concerning, but I'll take the 20th win. On to the next

Last edited:
Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
That should be enough to get into the tournament....time to add wins to improve seeding now

This would have been a bad loss. We took care of business. When do we play again Saturday?

With the exception of the micky mouse 2020 year, this is the weakest team we have had in a long time. Even with that, we are 20-8 and improving. We are a spoiled fan base lol

I had a fantastic time at the game tonight! We were right in there near the students, and it was a blast! Also, anyone who says Jon isn't animated enough, I don't know if they showed it on the telecast, but I thought he was going to get t-d up early. He was so pissed! He rarely sat during the game. Missed the spread by a point. This team is improving. Has anyone done a wellness check on our residential arm chair Koach?

We don't have a great history with guys who fall out of the rotation late in the year. Hope Blakes keeps plugging away. Mostly it's just a by product of Proctor playing so well. Grandison played well tonight. Whitehead kind of came back to earth tonight. Roach an efficient 6-9. Lively with 10 points. Mitchell with a nice game. Flip 13 and 7. Young with some good hustle.

What has happened to Blakes? Is he totally out the rotation?
A combination of other players coming on and that damn mask. I believe that mask has impeded his growth this year. He had started to turn a corner and struggled mightily with his shot after that. Those black masks eliminate almost all of your peripherals. Try playing with one; it is virtually impossible. The clear ones are a little easier to deal with, hell at least you can see, haha

The game from Roach is EXACTLY what we need from him. 14 points on 6-9 shooting, 6 assists, and either no turnovers or 1, can't remember. Didn't force as many shots as he sometimes does, which contributed to the balanced scoring.

I will take that stat line from him all day every day.

Last edited:
Past years our teams peaked in November and December while struggling down the stretch while this team seems to be growing and getting better each game. Refreshing

Reactions: AlanInNJ
To me, the best thing about this game was that we got punched in the face at the outset but, unlike the State and Miami games, we punched right back and took care of business. We didn’t go to iso and try to score 10 points in a single possession - they continued to share the ball well and get good looks. Hats off to our second team too - they narrowed the gap when they came in.

Others have captured what I was going to say so I'll just say this....a W is a W in late February and I'll take it.

If Duke had the two games they robbed them of (VT & UVA) they would be sitting at 22-6 and 13-4 ACC. They would have a whole different outlook on the season. It is what it is but win these next 3 and let see how the chips fall in the ACC tournament and NCAA tournament. The team is hopefully coming together at the right time. Big revenge games the next two at home. Let’s get it done boys.

This was one of those “get the win and get out of there healthy games.” Louisville has improved a lot this year, glad we took care of business and didn’t throw the ball all over the gym.

Coach S was very animated both with the refs and the players last night! He really got on them when they didn't dive for a loose ball and it looked like he got on Flip when he did one of his spins into traffic which I thought he had learned not to do.

Now just get back to shooting FT better and avoid those 5 minute offensive swoons and I think we can look at seeing the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament. From there, everything is gravy.

Past years our teams peaked in November and December while struggling down the stretch while this team seems to be growing and getting better each game. Refreshing
It does seem that way and it was frustrating. This team is still improving, and I think that Whitehead in particular can reach another level. Just please stay healthy the rest of the season and see where this ride goes. I think Jon has silenced some internet critics.

Have wondered why Flip continues to insist on dribbling the ball in the lane. I believe I now have an answer. Against Louisville he tried two 4 or 5 footers from inside the foul line and directly in front ot the basket. He clanked both of them. So maybe the only shots he can make are layups and (sometimes) 3-pointers. It's a mystery.;)

Reactions: hart2chesson
Have wondered why Flip continues to insist on dribbling the ball in the lane. I believe I now have an answer. Against Louisville he tried two 4 or 5 footers from inside the foul line and directly in front ot the basket. He clanked both of them. So maybe the only shots he can make are layups and (sometimes) 3-pointers. It's a mystery.;)
DI you may be on to something. His behind the back dribble maneuver is a recipe for disaster!! OFC

Good sign i do not think we hit our peak yet, just like 2015 (and i do not think 2015 ever hit its peak)...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT