ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games

Just watched Baylor - Illinois, both have good point guards, an inside presence in the post and play defense like their scholarships depended on it...it was a high quality game. Baylor looked legit. We may be in for a rough night against the Ilini...especially of they pound it into the post against Hurt.

Gonzaga - Baylor today....1 v 2...should be a great game - update...postponed due to Zags testing positive

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
Kansas gets the lead with under a min to play against NDST..who is 0-3...and hangs on. NDST choked, with a little help from the zebras

Reactions: christophero
They seem convinced that we pay our players over there, even though they constantly have top 3 classes and have 2 recruits rated higher than our top recruit this year.

Reactions: skysdad
don't hate me for this, but they often sound like us after a loss. Too much yearly roster turnover, not enough sets, lack of upperclassman production, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad and Mac9192
don't hate me for this, but they often sound like us after a loss. Too much yearly roster turnover, not enough sets, lack of upperclassman production, etc.
You only spoke the truth. No difference anymore between the fan bases of the blue bloods.

We have people showing our Ken Pom rating after 2 games, one of those against a nobody, the other a loss. That’s freaking laughable.

Serious question, are there even any good teams this year? Seems every other year we hear about there being "no great teams" but this year I have yet to see even 1 team that would make the top 15 in basically any other season. I know people are high on Gonzaga, and they're probably the best team right now, but even their best win was against a Kansas team that could barely fend off an 0-4 mid major squad.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Serious question, are there even any good teams this year? Seems every other year we hear about there being "no great teams" but this year I have yet to see even 1 team that would make the top 15 in basically any other season. I know people are high on Gonzaga, and they're probably the best team right now, but even their best win was against a Kansas team that could barely fend off an 0-4 mid major squad.

Baylor....i was looking forward to the Zags/Baylor game as they have both shown good depth and overall great basketball at times. Baylor's win vs Illinois was very clinical too - no one star but all around team play. I think we will see how good we are in how well we do vs the Illini.

Outside of those 2, yet to be impressed with the others....dark horse being Iowa with Garza, he's a beast to stop

You only spoke the truth. No difference anymore between the fan bases of the blue bloods.

We have people showing our Ken Pom rating after 2 games, one of those against a nobody, the other a loss. That’s freaking laughable.
Well I was the one that shared our KenPom rating because I was curious as to what our numbers looked like, but next time, I’ll just ask you.

Washington huskies are 0 and 3. After a losing record last year (and 2 first round draft pics) Hopkin's seat may be getting warm. He'll probably get another year after this one to turn it around.

Reactions: Quavarius
Haha. Do what you want, but a bigger sample size might be better. Factoring in the competition might help too.

Yeah, why would anyone want to discuss stats related to Duke basketball on a Duke messageboard when we have you, chief. :cool:

Let's at least wait til tomorrow night to turn on each other. :)
I have a funny feeling we're going to win.

This is the worst Kentucky team I’ve seen in my lifetime, and I’m 41. I don’t know how the Duke fans are feeling about the 1 and done’s, but we’re about sick of it. Cal doesn’t even get the top players and they still leave because of the culture. Meanwhile, guys like Mark Few and Jay Wright are making the one and done guys look foolish.

This is the worst Kentucky team I’ve seen in my lifetime, and I’m 41. I don’t know how the Duke fans are feeling about the 1 and done’s, but we’re about sick of it. Cal doesn’t even get the top players and they still leave because of the culture. Meanwhile, guys like Mark Few and Jay Wright are making the one and done guys look foolish.
Ironically we have a class of supposed non one and done's (other than Johnson and maybe Brakefield)) which is contributing to our struggles. But I'll take a down year if our guys come back better. I think both teams will get it figured out, but we might be lower seeds than usual.

Last edited:
Purdue getting the Maryland 2001 blowing a 20 point lead trophy against Miami.

Ironically we have a class of supposed non one and done's (other than Johnson and maybe Brakefield)) which is contributing to our struggles. But I'll take a down year if our guys come back better. I think both teams will get it figured out, but we might be lower seeds than usual.
Brakefield is expected to be one & done?

UCLA beat Marquette and has won 5 straight. The Kentucky transfer had 9 points. If he develops into a double digit scorer they are dangerous. he sat out the first few games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT