ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games

Just read an amazing stat.

Gonzaga has made 50% or better on two-point field goals in 53 straight games.

Staggering. Talk about execution, coaching... whew.

Neither did we at one time.

That's why I said potential. I'm sorry but the ingredients, so to speak, are there.

Ultimately I don't think it'll happen. But it could.

Concerned about Michigan too, frankly. I think they've got 3 McDonald's boys coming in next year.
Let’s get a grip here. Few has been at Gonzaga for 22 years. To date, he has won a grand total of 1 game in the Final Four. Compare that to K’s first 22 years at Duke.

Let’s get a grip here. Few has been at Gonzaga for 22 years. To date, he has won a grand total of 1 game in the Final Four. Compare that to K’s first 22 years at Duke.

Compare it to the last 22 for K and Duke is still the better program.

Reactions: Quavarius
People keep doubting them. Maybe not after today, but I've heard on espn all day how USC was a bad match up for them.
They are the biggest favorite in the tournament since Kentucky in 2015. And they had the largest point spread of any of the elite eight games. Seems like espn is just saying those things for shock value.

Reactions: christophero
Seems like a ton of college bball fans want to see them lose too. Or at least many that I know do. Which I don't understand at all.

My wife was asking me earlier where the guys in the studio played college ball. She asked me where Andy Katz played lol

Andy is a peckerhead. You or I could give better analysis than that asshat. He's useless on that panel. I feel for Ernie, Chuck, and Kenny.

Lol agreed

Not that I am some guru. But, what does he add to that panel? Nada. I swear, it's like he's never seen a basketball at times. Thank God he doesn't call games. On that note, most of the play by play guys have been great during this tournament, btw.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Me neither.

Gonzaga has a legit chance to dethrone us as the premier program in America. It would take more than one national championship of course but the potential is there. Their recruiting has been improving and who knows what kind of bump they could get if they finally cut down the nets.

Obviously I'm not saying they're anywhere close to us historically but in contemporary terms they're trending in a really good direction.
They're definitely trending in the right direction, however they've only been a legitimate threat twice in 10 years. This year obviously and when they wilted against UNC. They've got a long way to go to catch us even in contemporary terms.

They're definitely trending in the right direction, however they've only been a legitimate threat twice in 10 years. This year obviously and when they wilted against UNC. They've got a long way to go to catch us even in contemporary terms.

Their big guy choked in that title game. The next night I had a date with a big time Carolina girl...she made me forget about the Zags losing though.

Holy cow. Took a nap and woke up to UCLA beating Michigan. I keep doubting UCLA and they keep winning. Great story. Juzang is playing out of his mind.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
Darn UCLA is my second favorite team so I'm gonna have to pull for the UCLA upset of Gonzaga. After I spend all of today talking up the Zags haha

Reactions: geddoughton23
Kids who can buy alcohol legally were born the last time the Big 10 won a Natty.
But the media keep saying they’re the best conference.

I said very clearly that it wasn't an historical comparison, which tells me your reading comprehension in this case is less than stellar or your emotions compromise your objectivity. Or both.

If you don't think Gonzaga has the ability/opportunity to establish itself as the top contemporary program you're simply unwilling or unable to digest the pertinent evidence.

Reactions: Mac9192

I agree, they have a ways to go. And I also said I don't think they'll get there.

I merely said they could, and that's why I'm not pulling for them.

I continue to believe we'll remain the top program... contemporary or otherwise... as long as Coach K remains at the helm.

But there are other threats out there... and I don't pull for them. Just a personal thing.

I've probably spent too much time discussing this. My apologies.

Last edited:

Gonzaga definitely gifted the '17 natty away to The Cheats IMO. Their big guy missed gimme after gimme. The irony? UNC shouldnt have even been playing in that game. They should have been ineligible for tourney due to academic fraud.In fact all three of Roy's nattys will forever be tainted by the stench of bogus classes.

OFC

I said very clearly that it wasn't an historical comparison, which tells me your reading comprehension in this case is less than stellar or your emotions compromise your objectivity. Or both.

If you don't think Gonzaga has the ability/opportunity to establish itself as the top contemporary program you're simply unwilling or unable to digest the pertinent evidence.

"Gonzaga has a legit chance to dethrone us as the premier program in America."

After that, you hedged yourself so much it was almost mind numbing.

P.S. If Mac9192 likes one of your posts, you really need reassess your life.

I don't think we're in any danger of Gonzaga dethroning us at least for a while. No doubt they're REALLY, REALLY good. However the conference they play in will do them no favors.

Plus there are other factors: even though its been since '15 since we went to FF (considered slump for us).We continue to put impact players in The League. Still another factor is the polarizing effect we have on the basketball world. People LOVE or HATE us. No in-between. Duke is very much alive and well as the premier program for at least several more years. This program has cemented that position over several DECADES of outstanding and unprecedented success.

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Devilinside

Haha. Your goggles are on too tight, and you basically got called out for it. It’s more true that Gonzaga is trending in a better direction than Duke is. That’s not to say Duke still isn’t the top dog.
K didn’t take over a nobody school. Mark Few did. The job he’s done there, with the talent he brings in has been nothing short of amazing. Kispert was ranked outside of the top 100, and Timme was a 4 star as well.
The weak conference comment many makes is just that, weak. It’s not their fault. Plus, they step outside and aren’t afraid to play anyone. They played UVA and were set to play Baylor earlier, before it got canceled.
What’s the stupid line you always use?
Just sayin.

Reactions: bullettoothtony
Haha. Your goggles are on too tight, and you basically got called out for it. It’s more true that Gonzaga is trending in a better direction than Duke is. That’s not to say Duke still isn’t the top dog.
K didn’t take over a nobody school. Mark Few did. The job he’s done there, with the talent he brings in has been nothing short of amazing. Kispert was ranked outside of the top 100, and Timme was a 4 star as well.
The weak conference comment many makes is just that, weak. It’s not their fault. Plus, they step outside and aren’t afraid to play anyone. They played UVA and were set to play Baylor earlier, before it got canceled.
What’s the stupid line you always use?
Just sayin.
Cat fight! OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson

You cherry-,picked one sentence from a multi-paragraph post in your laughably vain effort to save face and try to "win the argument."

Reassess my life? Powerful stuff Dear Abby. Could you possibly be more puerile and obtuse?

And your characterization of my deliberate explanation of my position as hedging myself is both inaccurate and intellectually lazy, both of which are staggeringly unsurprising given the source.

Please spare me any predictably fatuous response... you've proven your posts are no longer worthy of consideration.

Here endeth the lesson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT