ADVERTISEMENT

Official gameday thread- Duke vs UNC v2

Maybe Tatum will have a big game and duke social media can go wild since that’s all that matters. Absolutely owned by UNC home and away . JOKE

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Well we have been saying we needed someone not to go off against us.

Rough game for Roach. Really
Thought he would step up tonight.

I always thought bilas was just biased against Duke because he didn’t want to be biased. I’m not sure anymore. Does he hold some sort of grudge against Duke? He was once an assistant. Did something happen?

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Eh, we are a good team but not a great team. It is what it is. 4/5 seed likely unless we win next week.

No. Half of unc’s team has to finally leave college. Go collect their social security checks. I am so over this Covid year crap. Dudes out here playing 10 years of college basketball.
They’ll have Davis , Ingram, the pg and a good class

I like Scheyer the player and recruiter but I don't like Scheyer the coach. Maybe he get's it but I just don't see it. We beat up on mediocre teams and get beat on the road by mediocre teams. How many good teams has he beat in 2 years? He routinely gets outcoached.

sad loss. The difference once again is transfers. Can’t win playing against stronger players who also have some talent. Instead of getting dudes like Ryan and Ingram we get guys like Neal 💀. As talented as we’ll be next year, we’re still going to struggle against stronger players.

Manek Ryan and Ingram have destroyed Duke and yet scheyer still keeps going after pure freshman. Oh well enjoy the night fellas

Duke couldn’t handle the pressure again, the moment was too big for the coaches and players. It is what it is, just thought the team took a jump but probably more of the same. Enjoy where ever this team goes, just going to lower my expectations again.

Oh well. Spot at top 10 team 15 and play catch up is not a good recipe for success. Add a career night by a roll player and weak nights from guys we really needed and that’s a loss.

Let’s regroup and make a strong showing in the ACC tourney.

Serious question. Do we want another shot at UNC?

Reactions: Mac9192
5 point game. Didn't feel that close.
They were just better than us. In both games. We are not a 2 seed level team. Hope to get a 4 seed and have our one knocked out.
I do not feel we match up well with UNC. But hey, why not. Maybe we get hot next week.
We had a pretty good year, but it sucks getting swept by them.

sad loss. The difference once again is transfers. Can’t win playing against stronger players who also have some talent. Instead of getting dudes like Ryan and Ingram we get guys like Neal 💀. As talented as we’ll be next year, we’re still going to struggle against stronger players.

Manek Ryan and Ingram have destroyed Duke and yet scheyer still keeps going after pure freshman. Oh well enjoy the night fellas
Yes but if I’m a grown man grad transfer I have 3 things I would want, chance to win it all, playing time and not have to try or go to class. UNC gives me that. Duke would still be hard academically.

This kid has given us everything for 4 years. Stop with that stupid shit.
No you stop it . I’m so tired of fair weather fans . This kid did nothing on senior night not to mention he is getting paid off his name in a Duke jersey . This isn’t college basketball this is the minor league ! Stop acting like the rivalry meant more to them . I’d take five Cooks more then I would this performance at home and if anyone thought UNC was the better team I call bull !

Only silver lining is Kansas and Baylor lost so hopefully Duke can hang onto a 3 seed. Do not want a 4.

Regroup and win a few games next week. Jon got out coached tonight and we just were not up for the big stage. I still think we can make noise.

All is not lost, but damn we need to start being tough in big games. Other than Baylor we get pushed around by elite teams.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Jon didn’t get out coached……he got out recruited actually….and torched by a 26 year old fathered timed 6 year finally made it to UNCheat career game prick😂 whata surprise right … They are just quicker, tougher, older, PLAY DEFENSE, rebound, the whole shabang bang better than us. They wanted it more. Plain and simple. The end

No you stop it . I’m so tired of fair weather fans . This kid did nothing on senior night not to mention he is getting paid off his name in a Duke jersey . This isn’t college basketball this is the minor league ! Stop acting like the rivalry meant more to them . I’d take five Cooks more then I would this performance at home and if anyone thought UNC was the better team I call bull !
Am I fair weather fan? You're shitting all over a kid who gave us four ****ing years. You're the fair weather ****ing fan.

Reactions: Hayduke13
Duke is at best a 3 seed but more likely a 4 seed now. They better win the first game of ACC though or definitely a 4 seed. Kentucky might of passed Duke now, they are playing better with bigger wins. Tonight loss really killed Duke seeding

Reactions: christophero
I like Scheyer the player and recruiter but I don't like Scheyer the coach. Maybe he get's it but I just don't see it. We beat up on mediocre teams and get beat on the road by mediocre teams. How many good teams has he beat in 2 years? He routinely gets outcoached.
Im frustrated as well but I disagree whole heartedly. I don’t think he’s getting out coached at all. If there’s anything to gripe about, it’s not taking advantage of the portal. Other than that, he has been good.

Am I fair weather fan? You're shitting all over a kid who have us four ****ing years. You're the fair weather ****ing fan.
No you are . I’m so tired of some posters trying to back kids that aren’t getting paid ! Three years ago I would agree but I can’t now . A sophomore and freshman literally exposed him . Who did he stop ? Cadeau or Trimble ? Did he show out ? Nope !

Reactions: pisgah101
Yes but if I’m a grown man grad transfer I have 3 things I would want, chance to win it all, playing time and not have to try or go to class. UNC gives me that. Duke would still be hard academically.
Hard excuses. Scheyer could build his teams like that if he wanted to. Instead of going for a mixture he actively chooses to rely on talented freshman which hasn’t worked in years.

The whole academics point you bring up is also ridiculous and just an opinion. That’s not what’s turning transfers away

Reactions: christophero
Soft soft candy A team. Carolina is just better but most of these guys just didn’t bring it. Proud of Flip in the second half and McCain was solid..but the fact our guard play gives up so much in TO’s at key moments and on the D end is alarming. We just aren’t going to beat any sort of physical teams.

And no unfortunately roach is no cook but I’d take him back next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT