ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Southern Indiana

I thought Tennessee was a wake up call. Or Arizona.
Shey 9 times out of 10 we win these games by 20.

They played the best half of their lives; we played soft as shit....And the game is still only a 4pt margin!

We'll be fine!...We'll win!....And this will be a wake-up call when all is said and done!
It should have never been a four point lead for them !
This team needs to wake up ! The team they are playing are 1-5 for Christ sakes

Reactions: KDSTONE
They are literally daring Duke to guard and defend and can’t !

Scheyer needs to break something seriously! Soft

Damn, I hope Duke doesn’t panic like a few on here. This is a great game for Jon to get their attention. I agree with Christophe, Duke will win by 20 plus. I think we will see a much more active defense out of our starters. If not, I would sit their ass the last 16 minutes of the game.

Reactions: christophero
Duke isn’t winning this game by Twenty . Maybe ten if they come out and play . We could barely get anything outside under the basket . There is cause for concern against a 1-5 team and the only time we led was when the score was 0-3

Duke isn’t winning this game by Twenty . Maybe ten if they come out and play . We could barely get anything outside under the basket . There is cause for concern against a 1-5 team and the only time we led was when the score was 0-3
Revisit this post at end of game. Panic much?

Haven’t watched a minute yet.. accidentally went in X and saw the score at half… woof not sure I wanna watch this or not

Stewart with no points. McCain has played well; but definitely a learning curve with this year's freshman. McCain is the only freshman who looks like a OAD so far; and even he could come back. Power may need to wait til next year barring a drastic improvement.

Stewart with no points. McCain has played well; but definitely a learning curve with this year's freshman.
Yup. McCain, Foster and Stewart will and are all helping this team and will keep getting better. However, it's not a 2014, 2017, 2018 or 2021 type of freshman impact.

Let's just sneak out of here with a W and call it a Friday night

I have a 4 day weekend so I keep thinking today is Saturday. We need to be prepared for Arkansas; they are down this year but they will be fired up for this one. Plus they owe us from 2 years ago.
Roach having a nice second half.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
A girl once broke up with me and said I was "too nice" lol. Duke is a little too nice right now we need a mean streak.
Teams are being really physical with Flip. Seems like a strategy.
Due to our struggles our starters had to play big minutes.

Last edited:
Seriously pull away ? Did you not watch the first half ? Duke can’t hit a basket and the starters look lost on defense .
Duke wins by 18. neener neener. :)
We need to come out focused and prepared against Arkansas. If not it will be an L. First true road game, and we've seen how these have gone in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
I watched some highlights and my eye kept going back to the student section. I get it is Thanksgiving break, but the Crazies seemed so disorganized. There were still a lot of students there in the student section. 3 of them were jumping up and down, and maybe 10 were clapping during the Let's Go Duke" chant. Do we even have a homecourt advantage anymore? Obviously Southern Indiana were not intimidated. Whoever is in charge of organizing the cheering gets an F.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Other Teams in the top 10 have been playing very tough competition and I think that will help them...we've been playing teams which don't stretch us at all ( or shouldnt..first half.)..I wish we had played a more competitive schedule over this period..take some lumps and get better. Arkansas will be very telling and a good measuring stick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT