ADVERTISEMENT

Official elite eight day one thread

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Fla Atlantic-609
K State

UCONN-849
Zags

Thoughts tonight? I know @christophero dont care but some of us basketball junkies might.

That second game could be great. I expect k state to roll the first one but it would be cool if FA made the final 4

I think both games will be good. Interesting matchup with K-State FAU. FAU was too quick for Thug Tennessee. But K-State has a ton of quickness. It will be fascinating to see the FAU guards against Nowell.

That game is a tossup to me. But I'd say K-State 71-65.

I think UConn pulls away and does in Gonzaga by 10-12 (82-72). The Zags would have lost, imo, to UCLA if not for the fact that UCLA lost two starters. That's a huge blow to any team. (Of course, part of this is predicated on whether they actually call a walk on Drew Timme. Dude walks every single time in the post).

Reactions: christophero
I hope FAU and the Zags win. But it will be K-State and UConn.

Last edited:
I'll always root for a Hurley....i've liked Uconn all year even when they lost 5 in a row...but have Zags winning it all in my bracket. The K state point guard thinks he's Steph Curry..nearly cost them the last game by shooting 40 foot 3's! But he's my height so have a soft spot for short basketball players! I think its Zags and Kstate who advance.

Last edited:
I have the bitter hate still built up for uconn. But at the same time, I don’t ever want to see Gonzaga win a title and if they make it to the FF, this might be their year. So IDK who I want to see win.

Reactions: PixelDevil and GAAP
I have the bitter hate still built up for uconn. But at the same time, I don’t ever want to see Gonzaga win a title and if they make it to the FF, this might be their year. So IDK who I want to see win.
whoa, your ability to be a hater is almost as good as mine. Respect man, we may have just become friends

• Haha
Reactions: GhostOf301
transfer U down at the half....been very entertaining...the big Russian is a good big man

good grief....its as if teams lose all basketball intelligence at the end of the game.....letting K state get a 3 off....smh

Not a single 5* on FAU.......probably the same on Creighton and SDSU....maybe this year is an anomaly...we'll have to wait and see but the signs are there that older more experienced players get you further. The transfer portal has definitely changed the game.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
This has been such a crazy season. Nothing has gone the way anyone thought it would, and everyone is picking UConn, so I’ll say Gonzaga wins a close one.

Reactions: christophero
Gonzaga has so much experience. Timme, Bolton and Smith are seniors, Watson and Strawther juniors. Hickman is a soph. They need more out of pg Hickman he is their weak spot.

Last edited:
zebra's putting the thumb on the scale
How so? Much as I hate to say it, the better team is winning right now. The Zags are getting nothing from their guards, and Timme has made some awful decisions.

How so? Much as I hate to say it, the better team is winning right now. The Zags are getting nothing from their guards, and Timme has made some awful decisions.
Agreed...just hate to see fouls that are incidental but have a major effect on games...it was a foul but had no impact on the play and you can call that every rebound pretty much. Uconn is far better so far and agree on the guard play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT