ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

Shot to the lip may slow him down. Way to green. OFC

Game 7, 4pt game, 4 mins to go, Pop on the sideline. Should be a good ending.

FTB.....Q? Anyone else? Thoughts on the calls or lack there of on some of those Houston 3 balls. I thought they were pretty similar to the Kyle Guy shot.

They were all shootings fouls other than maybe the very last one. My problem is the way these guys throw themselves around looking for the foul makes the game ugly and dang near impossible to referee. How do you tell if it was the defender or the shooter kicking legs out?
And then to top it off, whatever call you make you have 2-3 prima donnas YELLINg at you after every call. And I’m not an NBA hater, I actually love it, but these two teams are tough to watch

Reactions: Hurley22
FTB.....Q? Anyone else? Thoughts on the calls or lack there of on some of those Houston 3 balls. I thought they were pretty similar to the Kyle Guy shot.
I think that last 3 by Harden could have gone either way. Harden jumped forward a lot but the defender was definitely in his landing zone and had moved forward. I didn’t see most of the game, mainly just the last couple minutes.

They were all shootings fouls other than maybe the very last one. My problem is the way these guys throw themselves around looking for the foul makes the game ugly and dang near impossible to referee. How do you tell if it was the defender or the shooter kicking legs out?
And then to top it off, whatever call you make you have 2-3 prima donnas YELLINg at you after every call. And I’m not an NBA hater, I actually love it, but these two teams are tough to watch
I agree with this 100%. The game has gotten very hard to referee. Even as a viewer I see something live and think, "man that was a foul", then they show the replay and the offensive player obviously is just selling it. The league has to do something about the way some of these players are talking to the referees.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Watch where harden takes off and where he lands...he is always jumping forward and even if the defender jumps straight up there is still contact...just hope they never call it...harden acts like he gets shot every time he misses a shot...just ridiculous

And Chris Paul is just a whiny ass punk imo

Reactions: skysdad
Watch where harden takes off and where he lands...he is always jumping forward and even if the defender jumps straight up there is still contact...just hope they never call it...harden acts like he gets shot every time he misses a shot...just ridiculous

And Chris Paul is just a whiny ass punk imo
People are defending him saying that last shot was a foul. I watched it over and over and he was 2-3 feet behind the 3pt line. When his feet were coming down they were set to come down about a foot or two in front of the 3pt line. I get it that players jump forward on shots but not that much. If that’s the case defenders are gonna have to play 6-8 feet off of him because every time he shoots he swings his feet out and makes it look like they’re in his landing space

Yeah I would argue last shot he really tried to sell. But there were some where he got hit (Harden that it). However, the really frustrating ones are where the offensive player isn't even trying to shoot but throws their hands or body through the defender from a ridiculous range/angle/moment just to get a foul. Duncan used to do it and it pissed me off so bad. Now I see all these guys, GS and Houston, doing it. CP3 had the worst one yesterday on a 3-pt attempt from 32 feet out on the wing. I get the safety hazard of guys stepping under shooters (the Zaza rule), but at the same time it seems like the league is encouraging bad shots by making that an automatic foul. I like what Jared Dudley said (which is tough to type), but his point was, if the league quits calling that a foul, offensive players will adjust and stop taking those shots/kicking their feet out.

For a long time I've felt that contact that does not affect the shot, after the ball has left the shooter's hand, should be ignored unless it is dangerous. A harmless bump when the shot is in the air is about the same as a bump on a cut or screen.

For a long time I've felt that contact that does not affect the shot, after the ball has left the shooter's hand, should be ignored unless it is dangerous. A harmless bump when the shot is in the air is about the same as a bump on a cut or screen.

I agree. The problem is in the dangerous moments. Who is making it dangerous? Is it the offense kicking legs or the defender. In most cases its hard to tell at the moment. The harmless bumps on screens etc. is a whole other problem. Sometimes they call the smallest little hip or lean on a screen and other times guys can run through the defender. Its all so inconsistent, and while the refs deserve a little blame, a lot is on the players for making a career out of pushing the rules.

8 minutes left in the 1st. half and the Celtin's are winning but Kyrie hasn't scored. OFC

Meanwhile, in game two of this Rockets-Warriors series you have Curry leave the game with a hand/finger injury, Harden is still out after getting poked in the eye, and Durant just took a really hard foul.

I really love the NBA playoffs!

Paul/Harden just flail their arms with any contact to draw a foul....so far Paul is getting the call every time. Its not quality basketball but it is mildly entertaining so far

Harden has to be the best player on the floor for the Rockets to win the series. Unfortunately, Durant has been by far the best.

I wish Harden came back into the game wearing an eyepatch.

Reactions: dukiejay
Harden has to be the best player on the floor for the Rockets to win the series. Unfortunately, Durant has been by far the best.

I wish Harden came back into the game wearing an eyepatch.

No one has been close to Durant in these playoffs.

As for Harden and the eye patch? Sign me up! That would be awesome.

Reactions: jwill133
Austin Rivers kind of keeping the Rockets in the game so far. Emphasis on ‘kind of’ right now. Houston can’t stop the Warriors.

No one has been close to Durant in these playoffs.

As for Harden and the eye patch? Sign me up! That would be awesome.
Durant being able to play 1 on 1 without a double team just isn’t fair. Helps to play with the best shooter ever and a top 5 shooter ever.

My rooting interest is anyone but the Warriors, and I worry they are gonna roll to the title.

Durant being able to play 1 on 1 without a double team just isn’t fair. Helps to play with the best shooter ever and a top 5 shooter ever.

My rooting interest is anyone but the Warriors, and I worry they are gonna roll to the title.

I think they’ll win the title, too....but I think there’s a few more teams equipped to beat them than before. They’re not as deep as they have been. Problem is, they still have two of the top five players in the league, an elite defender in Green, and as you said, another great, all-time shooter.

One hell of a game going on right now between Portland and Denver. In the 3rd OT.

Duke boys came up huge for the blazers. That was a hell of a game and was definitely worth staying up for

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Hood scores 7 straight in 4th overtime and Curry hits last 2 fts. 9 straight points from the Duke players.
Is anyone from the Cheaters even left in the playoffs?

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Hood scores 7 straight in 4th overtime and Curry hits last 2 fts. 9 straight points from the Duke players.
Is anyone from the Cheaters even left in the playoffs?

I think PJ is taking bets somewhere....(Hey he was in the great owner Michael Jordan's NBA organization!) OFC

OFC

The Blazers are the best story in the playoffs right now and it’s not even close. I’m loving what’s happening with them. Blazers/Warriors would be a great series.

The Blazers are the best story in the playoffs right now and it’s not even close. I’m loving what’s happening with them. Blazers/Warriors would be a great series.
You really think the Blazers would have a chance against the Warriors?

I was really hoping the GSW/HOU series went 6, preferably 7, in case Portland makes it. Don’t want to play GSW after they’ve rested. If HOU loses this, they’re probably going to have 7-10 days rest before the conf finals if they go up 3-0.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT