ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Finals Predictions/Analysis

Larrys numbers are better than who?
Lebron. At the same age. Larrys body gave out in the latter years but in prime his was better.

At 30-
Larry- 28.1ppg, 9.2rpg, 7.6 assist, 52.2 %
Bron- 25.3 ppg, 6 rpg, 7.4, 48.8%

Sure lebrons numbers will be higher he played no college and his body is holding up better but in prime heck no the only reason any think so is we're prisoner to the moment

Lebron. At the same age. Larrys body gave out in the latter years but in prime his was better.

At 30-

Sure lebrons numbers will be higher he played no college and his body is holding up better but in prime heck no the only reason any think so is we're prisoner to the moment
Yes I've seen that meme go around on social media for all the anti Lebron people to gloat on. And yes, that was Larry's best season and the season Lebron completely coasted (also took a 2 week vacation to Miami.)
Not to mention, the NBA finals that season may have been Lebrons best performance, where he dragged the Cavs without Kyrie/Love to 6 against GS. Matthew Delladova was the Cavs second best player that series.

Care to compare them at any other age?? Anywhere from 18 to retirement???
Lebron has higher points/assists/steals/blocks/efficiency at every age other than age 30. So I fail to see how Larry had a better prime.

Lastly, I find it funny that the anti-Lebron crowd uses his body as a negative. He is supposed to be penalized for working out all offseason while Larry Bird drank beer all offseason????

Last edited:
Yes I've seen that meme go around on social media for all the anti Lebron people to gloat on. And yes, that was Larry's best season and the season Lebron completely coasted (also took a 2 week vacation to Miami.)
Not to mention, the NBA finals that season may have been Lebrons best performance, where he dragged the Cavs without Kyrie/Love to 6 against GS. Matthew Delladova was the Cavs second best player that series.

Care to compare them at any other age?? Anywhere from 18 to retirement???
Lebron has higher points/assists/steals/blocks/efficiency at every age other than age 30.

Lastly, I find it funny that the anti-Lebron crowd uses his body as a negative. He is supposed to be penalized for working out all offseason while Larry Bird drank beer all offseason????

I don't use it as a negative and it's accurate is it not? I'm not anti-lebron but it's hilarious everyone just says he's the greatest because he's the new toy. In 20 years we'll have another GOAT it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: Mac9192

At 30-

I love watching Lebron play, and he's one of the greatest ever, imo. To me what made Bird so special, one of the best ever as well, is he had little athletic ability. He couldn't jump, was slow, but overcome all that by being so so smart on the court. Didn't hurt either that he could flat out stroke it. I remember him in the 3 pt contest one year, where he won it. On the shot to win it, as soon as it left his hand, he held his arm up and walked away. Think there was still at least one ball left on the rack too.

Last edited:
Fair or unfair, every all-timer will be compared to Michael Jordan. Everyone is able to give their own opinion, I believe Lebron is the only player ever where a case can be made that he is on par with Jordan.
Bird and Magic didn't have long enough careers. I'd take Magic over Bird though.
Kobe....not even close.
Any old center like Kareem, Wilt, or Russell is an impossible comparison too. Different era's, completely different game.

I also believe the level of play is just better now that it's ever been before. Technology, research, etc. many reasons why it could be, but I believe if Lebron played in the 80's or 90's he'd win the title every year. Just my opinion.

Reactions: dukehokie
Fair or unfair, every all-timer will be compared to Michael Jordan. Everyone is able to give their own opinion, I believe Lebron is the only player ever where a case can be made that he is on par with Jordan.
Bird and Magic didn't have long enough careers. I'd take Magic over Bird though.
Kobe....not even close.
Any old center like Kareem, Wilt, or Russell is an impossible comparison too. Different era's, completely different game.

I also believe the level of play is just better now that it's ever been before. Technology, research, etc. many reasons why it could be, but I believe if Lebron played in the 80's or 90's he'd win the title every year. Just my opinion.

Fair enough! I think that 80/90s talent was a bunch of tough guys tho compared to coddled babies today but this is a good post

Fair enough! I think that 80/90s talent was a bunch of tough guys tho compared to coddled babies today but this is a good post

Bird & Magic couldn't defend like MJ & Lebron. That is why those two are separated from the rest.

Bird & Magic couldn't defend like MJ & Lebron. That is why those two are separated from the rest.
I was a huge Bird fan, but I would have to say Lebron is a better overall player though. I've been disappointed in Lebron's defense this series. Not many could stroke it like Bird and he was the best ever in using the "bank board".

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
I was a huge Bird fan, but I would have to say Lebron is a better overall player though. I've been disappointed in Lebron's defense this series. Not many could stroke it like Bird and he was the best ever in using the "bank board".
Bird was one of the best trash talkers to ever play. Remember an interview with Xavier McDaniel where he said they were up 1 and Boston called a timeout with maybe 10-15 seconds left. On the way to the huddle Bird pointed at the floor and told X man he was gonna hit the game winner right there over him, and he did. X man was laughing retelling the story

Larry legend was a great player......

But he is not on any level of Lebron, not even close, lebron can do everything on the court.

That being said this GS team is crazy good and Lebron has no chance to beat them this year, it's like taking a knife to a gun fight, KD on this team is just crazy good, with the rules the way they are you just can not guard this team unless they miss shots.

But let's not fool ourselves, Lebron is great and if you compare anyone but Jordan to him you just don't understand is greatness, he is GREAT, but he can't beat this team because they are unguardable.

For the record, I do not think people appreciate just how good Durant is, he is showing everyone how good he is in the first 2 games. He is scoring at will on the Cavs and that includes Lebron. He is 6'10" and can play point or center, let's give him the props he deserves as well, we may never see another player his size as versatile as he is, it's just a pleasure to watch him show out like this on the big stage.

Bird was one of the best trash talkers to ever play. Remember an interview with Xavier McDaniel where he said they were up 1 and Boston called a timeout with maybe 10-15 seconds left. On the way to the huddle Bird pointed at the floor and told X man he was gonna hit the game winner right there over him, and he did. X man was laughing retelling the story

Remember when Sports Illustrated made the videos every year that would be included with your subscription? That's where I saw this story. It was at the old Key Arena in Seattle. IMO, one of the top five sports stories I've ever heard told. In fact, I might try and find it online. Everything is online, right?

Larry legend was a great player......

But he is not on any level of Lebron, not even close, lebron can do everything on the court.
That being said this GS team is crazy good and Lebron has no chance to beat them this year, it's like taking a knife to a gun fight.

Sometimes it's good to bring a knife to a gun fight. Just YouTube Master Ken and he can explain why. Some funny stuff!

Here it is....

I loved Larry Bird.

Every generation talks about the great ones during their era. Watched Larry as a kid then into my teens. Those too young to have watched him have no idea how good he was, and it's a shame his back gave him the problems it did. I believe Bird was told to be careful about how he played with reckless abandon so to not wear out his body, but that wasn't the way he's wired. Thanks for sharing those videos.

I don't really care who wins the series, but if the Cavs win tonight, it's definitely not over. The Warriors did what they had to do, protect home court. Now we'll see if the Cavs can do the same.

OFC

I hope the Cavs win but I don't think they can win more than one game at home then GS ends it in game 5

GS just seems like too much to overcome. At this point, all I want is for Lebron to tell Dahntai Jones to run out on the court mid-game and whack KD and take him out. Is that asking too much??

GS just seems like too much to overcome. At this point, all I want is for Lebron to tell Dahntai Jones to run out on the court mid-game and whack KD and take him out. Is that asking too much??

Yes it is too much to want someone injured

But that's the only way Jones would get on the floor lol

I think the Cavs need to replace J.R. Smith. OFC

The only players that should shoot the ball for the Cavs are Irving, Love and James. The rest of them don't have the stones. OFC

Cleveland did a lot of things better, but their shooting failed them big time. They missed 32 three pointers. There is no universe where you beat a GS with that kind of stat.

Cleveland threw their best shot at GSW while at home and could not do it.

Series over.

Lebrons lebron. The greatest player to ever play a meaningless game.lmao

Lebron needs to be better down the stretch. He disappeared.
It would help if Love would add something to the mix. He's shot well, but rarely makes other types of plays. Last night he did nothing. There's just no beating GSW when Durant is having his way. I'm hoping we get a game 5, but we'll see.

Remember when Sports Illustrated made the videos every year that would be included with your subscription? That's where I saw this story. It was at the old Key Arena in Seattle. IMO, one of the top five sports stories I've ever heard told. In fact, I might try and find it online. Everything is online, right?
I like the stopry when he walked into the locker room bedore the three point contest and asked which one of you M f 's are coming in second

I like the stopry when he walked into the locker room bedore the three point contest and asked which one of you M f 's are coming in second
And the one where Bird was abusing Utah and he looked over at their coach and asked if he had anyone on the bench that could guard him. The coach looked down his bench and said "No"

It would help if Love would add something to the mix. He's shot well, but rarely makes other types of plays. Last night he did nothing. There's just no beating GSW when Durant is having his way. I'm hoping we get a game 5, but we'll see.

I am hoping too Den, but I wonder if last nite was the really the death knell....It depends- I think game 5 is a question of wills: How much does Cleveland have left, and per the Warriors are they so cocky they play w/less verve and want to close it on their own home court....OFC

Last night sealed it for GS. I think the Cavs don't have anything left in the tank. The addition of KD made them a dynasty if they can stay intact. I've never seen a team with so many shooters. They make scoring look so easy, whereas the Cavs seem to have to work for everything.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Series is over, the fat lady is warming up the vocals. Cleveland and Lebron blew it last night. As great as Lebron is, 4th quarter, especially last 6 minutes, he needs to be more selfish. He should demand the ball, tell teammates to get out of his way. This is to me his weakness. The great ones like Bird, Jordan, and even Kobe would have not lost if the game was like last night

Disagree. Lebron did all he could. The warriors just play at such an insane pace that it wears you down. Lebron leaves to get 3 minutes of rest? Warriors go on 10-0 run.

The Warriors are so vastly better than the cavs, they have no answer.

Series is over, the fat lady is warming up the vocals. Cleveland and Lebron blew it last night. As great as Lebron is, 4th quarter, especially last 6 minutes, he needs to be more selfish. He should demand the ball, tell teammates to get out of his way. This is to me his weakness. The great ones like Bird, Jordan, and even Kobe would have not lost if the game was like last night

The consolation I'll give LeBron is this: 1. He's always done this. He's never been a "dagger" type of player so this isn't new to him or his teammates. 2. He's playing against probably the best single season team in the history of the NBA. They obviously aren't sustained success like the Celtics or Lakers but I can't think of a team that had this much talent and was this dominant. Ever. He gets a pass IMO because he and Kyrie played out of their minds last night.

Reactions: Dukesince90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT