ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Finals Predictions/Analysis

jwill133

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 25, 2016
I got Cavs in 7. Lebron averages 35, 12, and 9. Kyrie has a couple 40 point games. Cavs pull off one of the biggest upsets in Finals history. Lebron becomes an equal to MJ and poised to become the best player ever.

I'm most interested to see the Kyrie/Curry matchup. Kyrie seems to really take it personally that Steph has won multiple MVP's, Steph is one of the league's most popular players, etc. Quite frankly, Kyrie owned Steph last year.

Kevin Love also must continue to play the best basketball that he has played as a Cav. Hopefully he can stay on the floor (may not be able to for defensive purposes), the Warriors will abuse him in the pick and roll, if he can hold his own, that's a win for the Cavs.

I do believe were about to witness one of the greatest NBA finals ever.

Reactions: christophero
Absolutely do not want to see the Warriors win, but I think they're the better team at this point. Warriors in 6.

If the Cavs win I don't know that it's the biggest upset. I'd be interested to see if that's the case though because the Cavs are a +200 dog.

Either way they have a hill to climb and like you said, Kevin Love is the X factor. I'd go as far as to say JR Smith needs 3-4 20 point games to counter what Golden State is throwing their way. But I do think it goes 7 and we are owed a good finals as bad as the playoffs have been.

I don't think it's an upset at all if the Cavs win it. Not with Lebron. Also having Kyrie, who loves the big stage. I'll say the Cavs in 6. I think the Warriors will miss Kerr's coaching

A month ago, I would have picked the Warriors. I think Lebron will carry his team and win it in seven. Although Kyrie usually carries the Cavs. lmao, lmao, lmao, I think you know where I'm going with this. Lmao!

Just having a little fun.

:D:p:cool:

Boy I hope you guys are right! I think Warriors in 6, and I would looooove to be wrong.

A month ago, I would have picked the Warriors. I think Lebron will carry his team and win it in seven. Although Kyrie usually carries the Cavs. lmao, lmao, lmao, I think you know where I'm going with this. Lmao!

Just having a little fun.
Lmao....lebron can't carry his team lmao......he's overrated lmao......washed up lmao

I'm going to stick with my original gut feeling and say the Cavs take this in 7. They're playing fantastic right now, played possum all season long and the warriors haven't been punched in the mouth yet. I think they find a way to split the first two games in GS. I think they let them play, and a more physical style favors the cavs. Should be an awesome series though and we are due for one.

I think a big issue for Cleveland will be Kevin Love defensively. Golden State will try to expose him in the pick n roll like they did last season. No help will be able to come from the wings because unlike having Harrison Barnes (in the midst of one of his worst career slumps) they'll have KD there waiting to capitalize on a defensive rotation.

My head says Warriors in six, but my heart goes Cavs in seven.

I think it will be a good series. I agree with the posters saying Love is going to have to have a huge series.

I think a big issue for Cleveland will be Kevin Love defensively. Golden State will try to expose him in the pick n roll like they did last season. No help will be able to come from the wings because unlike having Harrison Barnes (in the midst of one of his worst career slumps) they'll have KD there waiting to capitalize on a defensive rotation.
I think both teams are much better than they were last year, so I definitely see different game plans. You're correct it was like playing 5 on 4 last year when Barnes was on the floor, so they'll have to adjust big time. I think the key for the warriors is to keep draymond as the main facilitator. If the cavs can slow him or somehow take him out of it from that standpoint I think they matchup well. I see love guarding him a lot.

I'm going to stick with my original gut feeling and say the Cavs take this in 7. They're playing fantastic right now, played possum all season long and the warriors haven't been punched in the mouth yet. I think they find a way to split the first two games in GS. I think they let them play, and a more physical style favors the cavs. Should be an awesome series though and we are due for one.
I hope you're right Timo. I don't think Warriors can stop Lebron if it's a physical game. Lmao

Cavs in 7.

Love Seth Curry but Steph gets on my nerves big time. If Klay gets going Cavs will have their hands full. Durant has a huge bullseye on him this series.

Oh boy, you guys can light me up after if I am wrong, but I see no way that CAVS beat GS. GS has not even lost a game in the playoffs and the CAVS struggled against an undermanned Celtics team that played tough but I just don't see it. Its going to be a long series for the CAVS, I mean, GS is a 6-7 pt favorite, that's says a lot for a finals game just like last year and they are better. There are going to be a couple of beat downs in this one by the Warriors...I think CAVS get 1 or maybe 2 games but that is all.

Cleveland has zero answer's for Durant and I look to Thompson to spend a lot of time on Kyrie if I were the coach and that means lots of tough looks for Kyrie.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Oh boy, you guys can light me up after if I am wrong, but I see no way that CAVS beat GS. GS has not even lost a game in the playoffs and the CAVS struggled against an undermanned Celtics team that played tough but I just don't see it. Its going to be a long series for the CAVS, I mean, GS is a 6-7 pt favorite, that's says a lot for a finals game just like last year and they are better. There are going to be a couple of beat downs in this one by the Warriors...I think CAVS get 1 or maybe 2 games but that is all.

Cleveland has zero answer's for Durant and I look to Thompson to spend a lot of time on Kyrie if I were the coach and that means lots of tough looks for Kyrie.

I'm not sure you can say the Cavs "struggled" against the Celtics. They lost one game and they never really ran any sets. They ISO'd LeBron, Kyrie and Love on a regular basis and never really set down a true game.

Now do I think the Warriors are better? Absolutely. They're better and they should win. If they don't, do we give them another pass not having Kerr on the sideline? Or does Draymond lose his head again? We'll see. Either way, you have four of the top 15-20 guys on the same team with a nice compliment in support which includes a former finals MVP.

The Warriors should win, but this is why they play the games.

It's really hard to argue with this post.

Reactions: DukeDenver
My head says Warriors in six, but my heart goes Cavs in seven.

I think it will be a good series. I agree with the posters saying Love is going to have to have a huge series.

Fortunately, he seems like he is playing as well right as he has at any point since coming to Cleveland.

It's really hard to argue with this post.
Other than that the Cavs struggled with the Celtics. Beat them in 5 games (slept through one) and beat them like a drum. The rest I agree with.

I think it's going to be a tough series, I really do. The cavs are clicking man and you're telling me that they have no chance- it's still basketball and they have the best player- as rested as he's ever been. Kyrie licking his chops in that post game trophy celebration. It will be interesting to watch and after a month and a half off between series I'm just glad we have hoops.

1. Kyrie is already a Top-10 player.

2. I think all the games will be close. Golden State may win it in 5, 6, or 7, but they will be challenged every game.

I just don't see the great player in lebron everybody else sees...I mean he's obviously the most physical specimen to ever play and versatile and puts up his numbers every night and whatever, but to me he's just not clutch enough and weak minded and chokes to much and sensitive idk how to explain it ..I just have no confindence in him In key situations! He usually always chokes under pressure. I mean sometimes his athletic ability bails him out..I mean if he won't blessed with his size and athletic ability idk how he plays in the NBA ...he just out mans people..when he looses that ability idk how he's going to play ...it's not gonna be like Jordan and use finesse ...wether that still makes him one of the goat idk..it will obviously!, but idk what I'm trying to say lmao...he just doesn't impress me beyond his gifted athletic ability ....and I can add his understanding of the game ..very good player. obviously gonna be one of the goat, but what I guess I'm trying to say is he will never surpass Jordan imo..if he had Jordan's mind set my god ...Ima get hammered for that but yea if he was say kyries size he'd be a avg player imo
Side not: I hate baby lebron but my opinions unbiased

Last edited:
Devils....Grayson is too much in the end....hey, "Duke Basketball Never Stops!"

OFC

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA right now. No one else really close. He is human and has bad games but when he decides to take over no one can do anything with him. He does everything, brings the ball down the court, distributes , rebounds both ends, defends, shoots the 3 , shoots free throws has a great mind set, desire to win, and demands not only for himself but for his team mates the 100 per cent effort. Yes he whines but what superstar doesn't. Don't understand the hate he receives. What team ever would not want him. OFC

I just don't see the great player in lebron everybody else sees...I mean he's obviously the most physical specimen to ever play and versatile and puts up his numbers every night and whatever, but to me he's just not clutch enough and weak minded and chokes to much and sensitive idk how to explain it ..I just have no confindence in him In key situations! He usually always chokes under pressure. I mean sometimes his athletic ability bails him out..I mean if he won't blessed with his size and athletic ability idk how he plays in the NBA ...he just out mans people..when he looses that ability idk how he's going to play ...it's not gonna be like Jordan and use finesse ...wether that still makes him one of the goat idk..it will obviously!, but idk what I'm trying to say lmao...he just doesn't impress me beyond his gifted athletic ability ....and I can add his understanding of the game ..very good player. obviously gonna be one of the goat, but what I guess I'm trying to say is he will never surpass Jordan imo..if he had Jordan's mind set my god ...Ima get hammered for that but yea if he was say kyries size he'd be a avg player imo
Side not: I hate baby lebron but my opinions unbiased

You should have stopped after your first sentence after the 'whatever'.

Also I actually respect some of your arguments, but anybody who uses the rationale "if he was ______'s size..." I can't listen anymore. What if Jordan was 5'5? Just stop with that. At this point, cutting down LeBron is done as a way to illicit a response and has no rational thought behind it. So I guess mission accomplished.

Durant's having one of those games . You can't D that. OFC

Love watching the warriors and hope they win. Awesome basketball and fantastic defense.

Why does Green look like he plays for the tar heels every time the call doesn't go his way. You guys know the look. I know he played with harrison barnes you think barnes could teach that look. I've been seeing it all night. Watch for it' It's happening a lot. OFC

Why does Green look like he plays for the tar heels every time the call doesn't go his way. You guys know the look. I know he played with harrison barnes you think barnes could teach that look. I've been seeing it all night. Watch for it' It's happening a lot. OFC

If the refs would grow a set, Green would learn not to act that way. It's like they're afraid of him. A lot of players complain, but his facial expressions and gestures with his arms should warrant a technical at least by the second or third time.

I tend to follow teams with former Duke players. So, im riding with the Cavs. But I do like the way the Warriors play, and the do have Sean Livingston who would have been a Dukie.

Reactions: dukehokie
You should have stopped after your first sentence after the 'whatever'. Also I actually respect som if your arguments, but anybody who uses the rationale "if he was ______'s size..." I can't listen anymore. What if Jordan was 5'5? Just stop with that. At this point, cutting down LeBron is done as a way to illicit a response and has no rational thought behind it. So I guess mission accomplished.

If Jordan was 5'5". Love it. Gonna be hard for a come back on that one. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT