ADVERTISEMENT

Irving at it again

jeffrey236

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2004
Simsbury CT
So Kyrie wants to be traded because the Nets, to their credit, don’t want to give him an extension. I hate saying this about one of our own, but he is one the most self-centered selfish professional athletes I can remember. He signs contracts for mega bucks, then finds every reason not to fulfill them. Unbelievable sense of entitlement. Tragically, one of the most gifted players ever. Durant has been careful not to publicly throw him under the bus, but he must be frosted.

Kyrie asked to be traded prior to any of this . In honesty he was headed to the Lakers but the nets asked to much back for him . Him coming back is the only reason Durant pulled his trade request . If they aren’t going to give him an extension I’d trade him and get a return for him then letting him walk . He’s not the first star to be asked to be traded with out knowing if he’s getting a contract extension or didn’t get what they wanted in a deal .

Kyrie asked to be traded prior to any of this . In honesty he was headed to the Lakers but the nets asked to much back for him . Him coming back is the only reason Durant pulled his trade request . If they aren’t going to give him an extension I’d trade him and get a return for him then letting him walk . He’s not the first star to be asked to be traded with out knowing if he’s getting a contract extension or didn’t get what they wanted in a deal .
Agree on the last point, Shey, but Kyrie has a pattern of asking for divorces or bailing on his team. Leaves Lebron to go to the Celtics so he can be “the man”. Sits out games because he’s “got other stuff on his mind”. Sits out most of a season because he doesn’t want to get vaxed. In a word, he’s unreliable. Throw in some head-scratching stuff like the flat earth and his clumsy posting about “Hebrews to Negroes”, he’s just too radioactive and a distraction for an NBA team to commit long term mega bucks commensurate with his incredible basketball talent. That’s the difference between him and the next guy who wants to get paid fairly for his talents. He’s made his bed but bristles at lying in it.

Agree on the last point, Shey, but Kyrie has a pattern of asking for divorces or bailing on his team. Leaves Lebron to go to the Celtics so he can be “the man”. Sits out games because he’s “got other stuff on his mind”. Sits out most of a season because he doesn’t want to get vaxed. In a word, he’s unreliable. Throw in some head-scratching stuff like the flat earth and his clumsy posting about “Hebrews to Negroes”, he’s just too radioactive and a distraction for an NBA team to commit long term mega bucks commensurate with his incredible basketball talent. That’s the difference between him and the next guy who wants to get paid fairly for his talents. He’s made his bed but bristles at lying in it.
I agree but he also knows teams will give up the house to get him. Kind of a double edge sword .

If I were the Nets, I would make the trade ASAP. I'll always support Irving as a former Duke guy, but that doesn't mean I agree with his takes or actions that are a bit petty and selfish.

not cool calling someone out for not wanting to take an experimental jab(s). I think we see now how that actually worked out for him, considering we’ve seen how clinically ineffective the jabs were/are. The rest of the stuff? 1st amendment rights that didn’t hurt anyone, even if it was crazy (flat earth drivel for example). He hasn’t done anything, imo, that would prevent all teams from taking a bet on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceilo77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT