ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Finals Predictions/Analysis

Off subject but just watched some highlights of Russell Westbrook .i really hope he gets some help ..my favorite player ..I like Blake griffin paired with him that would be sick ..then get some 3 point guys like Kyle korver or whatever ..a backup pg say d Williams etc and maybe 1 more big name F that can score and not about himself ...nice draft maybe kennard/ Jackson ! ;) and loooookkk out ! Lol.. no Anthony !!! Please

Reactions: dukehokie
Not a huge fan of anything Cleveland being a huge Pittsburgh fan but my incredible disdain for Green means I'd pull for just about anyone over him. Lebron clearly best in the world right now but KD going to be the insurmountable difference in this series.

Everyone should think about this for a bit. This series has 3 or 4 of the best players to ever play the game, definitely 3 of the best. Time will tell if Kyrie is considered for that group.

James 10 Pts and 5 assists first quarter. Somebody on our board says he's the worst. ?????

guess my prediction was wrong lol..the warriors r unstoppable especially when clays hitting..imo this series is already over..less pressure playing away ...we'll see how good lebron is in game 3 ...

Last edited:
James 10 Pts and 5 assists first quarter. Somebody on our board says he's the worst. ?????
And russel Westbrook averaged a triple double ur point ? 8 turnovers and poor D put that in your stat book..idek y I responded ...pointless with a few here

CAvs have no bench is what's killing them..did steph outrebound lebron? Lmao...Hell never be a GM :)

CAvs have no bench is what's killing them..did steph outrebound lebron? Lmao...Hell never be a GM :)
You're right about the bench but Kyrie going 8-23 ain't helping. Him and Smith have to play better. Lebron is the BEST but he needs help. Adding Durant may be too much for the Cavs to overcome

You're right about the bench but Kyrie going 8-23 ain't helping. Him and Smith have to play better. Lebron is the BEST but he needs help. Adding Durant may be too much for the Cavs to overcome
Yea that too ..where the hells korver

Obviously the series hangs in the balance next game. GSW just looks like a completely different level than them right now.

I think the cavs bounce back tonight ! My key to the game is if the cavs have less then 8 turnsovers they win..
Well they only had 9 turnovers compared to 20 for the Warriors, but it did not matter. The Warriors just hit too many 3's and free throws. Cleveland's D just not good enough to stop the great ball movement, and even when they did, Durant was hitting over the top of great D.

Well they only had 9 turnovers compared to 20 for the Warriors, but it did not matter. The Warriors just hit too many 3's and free throws. Cleveland's D just not good enough to stop the great ball movement, and even when they did, Durant was hitting over the top of great D.
Pretty spot on ..tough to watch..a team shouldn't be that good ...not fair ..I did take the warriors in 6 though :) should have said 4 lol. Game 3s gonna tell me a lot about lebrons mindset/game

Last edited:
First time in my life I've watched a finals and haven't picked who I want to win yet lol...wierd .

It looks like a four-game series right now. Maybe the Cavs can round-up the troops and make shots in game three. I can't see a scenario where they win more than a game, though. Golden State is just better.

I'm a huge NBA guy....that said, these playoffs have been embarrassing for the league. Embarasssing.

Reactions: skysdad
Adding Durant to an already great Warriors team is just too much for the Cavs to overcome. Kyrie has got to be better. Still too many great shooters to overcome. If you could trade MJ for Lebron, I think the results would be the same.

It looks like a four-game series right now. Maybe the Cavs can round-up the troops and make shots in game three. I can't see a scenario where they win more than a game, though. Golden State is just better.

I'm a huge NBA guy....that said, these playoffs have been embarrassing for the league. Embarasssing.
Right..just seems scripted and fake to me idk $$$

Here come already the it's not lebron s fault/ he needs help bs:)..yea he only had 8 turnovers in game 1 with 2 really poor defensive efforts back to back with Durant burning his butt up also..Isn't this his hand picked team?..lol..Its all their faults. along with they just ran into a dream team..the cavs still have enough to win imo though...just don't see it happening unless kyrie can do something really really special..

KD couldn't get it done as the lead alpha in OKC, so he left to join a super team. Not a fan of that path. Lebron fled to Miami but Wade was clearly not in his prime like Curry now and Bosh was above average player at best.

Klay is clearly option 4 due to KD. Can't see him staying once free agent status arises.

KD couldn't get it done as the lead alpha in OKC, so he left to join a super team. Not a fan of that path. Lebron fled to Miami but Wade was clearly not in his prime like Curry now and Bosh was above average player at best.

Klay is clearly option 4 due to KD. Can't see him staying once free agent status arises.

Wade was 28 when Lebron left for Miami....the same age as Curry when Durant left OKC.

Here come already the it's not lebron s fault/ he needs help bs:)..yea he only had 8 turnovers in game 1 with 2 really poor defensive efforts back to back with Durant burning his butt up also..Isn't this his hand picked team?..lol..Its all their faults. along with they just ran into a dream team..the cavs still have enough to win imo though...just don't see it happening unless kyrie can do something really really special..

I don't think it's that....but clearly, Golden State is the better team. If Kyrie plays decent last night the Cavs might have had a shot. But that's the thing....if one of Lebron, Kyrie or Love has a below-average game, can the Cavs win? In all honesty, my opinion is that they need all three to play really well. And I wouldn't say Lebron needs more help, but I would say GS has better role players....or, least at minimum, those said role players have made bigger plays through two games. Lebron doesn't need this series to define him as being 'great'....he's already great.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Right. but he does to surpass Jordan or even be close ..he takes this L especially a sweep, the jordan comparisons stop. imo. Lol.lets not forget the mavs meltdown :)

My money's on lebron will take a deal and join the warriors after klay leaves or if :) lmao! Watch!!!! Where else is he going ? !!!! Hahah

Lebron is a better basketball player than Michael Jordan.

Boy....I just don't know. Any argument is kind of splitting hairs, but Jordan's incredible will to succeed separates himself from everyone else, IMO. It's impossible to do or decipher, but swap in your mind Lebron and Jordan. Do the Bulls win six championships (without a loss) with Lebron instead of Jordan? Do you see Michael Jordan about to go 3-4 in the NBA Finals if you put him in Lebron's situation(s)?

For the record, I'm not a Jordan guy and I like Lebron....but I feel the Bulls don't win six championships and I don't feel like Jordan would have a losing record in the NBA finals.

Boy....I just don't know. Any argument is kind of splitting hairs, but Jordan's incredible will to succeed separates himself from everyone else, IMO. It's impossible to do or decipher, but swap in your mind Lebron and Jordan. Do the Bulls win six championships (without a loss) with Lebron instead of Jordan? Do you see Michael Jordan about to go 3-4 in the NBA Finals if you put him in Lebron's situation(s)?

For the record, I'm not a Jordan guy and I like Lebron....but I feel the Bulls don't win six championships and I don't feel like Jordan would have a losing record in the NBA finals.
It's definitely splitting hairs. I tend to subscribe to the argument that the NBA was much more watered down when Jordan was winning his titles, the NBA had just completed its biggest expansion ever (it had enough great players for 24 teams, but now there was 30 teams) Also, the 90's was an era in which there was no rookie scale, meaning a lot of big time players flamed out very early in the 90's due to seeing way too many dollars way too early.

I believe there is no winner in this argument and never will be. I only side with Lebron due to the fact that I've watched him since he was in middle school, I only got to see MJ after his baseball sabbatical.

MJ beats Lebron in a game of 1-on-1.
5 Lebrons beat 5 MJ's in a game of 5-on-5.
I believe that's the best way to look at it.

Reactions: dukiejay
Bottom line GS is flat out better....3 legitimate superstars on the floor and GS has 2 of the 3....there is the difference

Other than style of play, in my opinion, the difference in the two is that Jordan was competitive to the level of being a sociopath. LeBron doesn't have that. That lead to Jordan being so successful. LeBron is obviously competitive, just not at that level.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Other than style of play, in my opinion, the difference in the two is that Jordan was competitive to the level of being a sociopath. LeBron doesn't have that. That lead to Jordan being so successful. LeBron is obviously competitive, just not at that level.
Yeah maybe the Cavs could have pulled one of the 2 games out, or at least made them better if Lebron would have shown some anger towards his teammates. That is an area that Jordan excelled in, demanding maximum effort from the others. It was said that Bill Cartwright wanted to kick his a** several times. Maybe Lebron needs to get pissed at his teammates, who knows

Just go look at the stats/ facts jordans better ...way better..I will say if lebron pulls this one out some kind of way he's very close.don't see that happening though

I don't think only Jordan is better I think quite a few are. Lebrons not Bird, Magic, Kareem, Kobe good either

Another big difference: Lebron never got to play for Phil Jackson. Ask Jordan or Kobe what that can do for your ring total.

Reactions: dukehokie
I predicted cavs in 7. I thought they matched up really well and would carry the rest and momentum to the finals.

They are better than any other team in the league. And then there is Golden State. GS might've the best team I've ever seen. It isn't even close to fair what they're doing to the cavs.

This isn't on Lebron or his legacy or his comparison with MJ. There isn't a team past or present that can compete with this golden state team and that includes the 96 bulls.

Reactions: jwill133
I hope you're not serious. To each their own but the numbers of Larry are better for sure
MVP's : Lebron 4 Larry 3
Finals MVP : Lebron 3 Larry 2
First Team All NBA : Lebron 11 Larry 9
All Defense 1st Team : Lebron 5 Larry......ZERO

Career Per Game
Playoffs PPG: Lebron 28.3 Larry 23.8
Larry has higher rebounds, Lebron has higher assists.
Every other meaningful stat Lebron is higher.

Lebron has a chance to be top 5 in every meaningful statistical measure in the history of the NBA. So yea....LOL.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT