ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Titus says Duke is cheating

So let me see if I got this straight.....The article says we must be cheating because players don't sit around and say " I want to play for a 70 year old".....and because we have Capel.....And a person on KSR, who's coach had wins vacated at Umass, and sanctions brought to Memphis, was able to put all this together??? Out-effin - standing piece of investigative work that is!!!

So let me see if I got this straight.....The article says we must be cheating because players don't sit around and say " I want to play for a 70 year old".....and because we have Capel.....And a person on KSR, who's coach had wins vacated at Umass, and sanctions brought to Memphis, was able to put all this together??? Out-effin - standing piece of investigative work that is!!!
Exactly. I interpreted it the same way. This is beyond infuriating! Maybe it’s the fact that Coach K is the best Coach to ever coach the game!!

Really wish people would lay off Capel. Can’t remember if it was Tiny Gallon or the Griffin kid when they never got drafted did a piece and even stated Capel knew nothing.
Not really good at looking articles up on the web but the interview was done after neither was drafted into the league.

LOL. Kentucky fans hated Cal, swore he was the cheatingest bastard to ever live. Then he came to UK, ushered in the era of one and dones, and he was the supreme being. Now, K and Duke have stole a little thunder from the exalted one and so K is the cheater. Haha, I love that K is in their coach's heads, their fans, their media, hell, everyone's heads. We don't even have to step on the court anymore to beat them (and actually haven't the last couple times in the NCAA's).

OFC

Or maybe just maybe some recruits don't want to live in freaking Kentucky for a year when they can be in the richest college basketball area in the country.

Reactions: gottagonow and dbav
Is this the same Mark Titus that scored a total of 9 points in four years at Ohio State?

Reactions: Quavarius
Titus is a salty former bench rider that, for some reason, people gave a voice. He’s best buddies with SVP and hates Duke to the core. This is based off of a Pardon My Take(Barstool Sports) podcast. I listened to the whole interview. It was in reaction to Zion’s commitment obviously. He said the 70 year old thing and basically said that Duke is definitely paying players with no merit whatsoever. The pure jealousy of a “professional”. I was driving home from work laughing at his hysteria.

Reactions: Quavarius
I didn't read or listen to this particular piece, but I do read a lot of Mark Titus' articles and I have read his book. He is usually not a straight up Duke basher, and is fairly even keeled with his take on college basketball. He is no.expert, but none of the media ate actually experts. He.does like to go over the top with his ideas, almost to the point that he says things a little tongue in cheek. Idk, he may be really pissed about this, but his favorite teams are OSU and IU and he's a Big Ten guy, so I don't see where he'd really care that much, probably just trolling a little

Reactions: Mac9192
I didn't read or listen to this particular piece, but I do read a lot of Mark Titus' articles and I have read his book. He is usually not a straight up Duke basher, and is fairly even keeled with his take on college basketball. He is no.expert, but none of the media ate actually experts. He.does like to go over the top with his ideas, almost to the point that he says things a little tongue in cheek. Idk, he may be really pissed about this, but his favorite teams are OSU and IU and he's a Big Ten guy, so I don't see where he'd really care that much, probably just trolling a little
The tone of his latest podcast indicates he’s really convinced himself that Capel pays players.

I feel like he went over the top with his Duke take. I have listened to every podcast this guy has done, read every recent article, and read his book. What confuses me is Titus admits weekly that he doesn't care about recruiting, he doesn't follow it, he only cares about guys once they get to college.

He loves talking about Duke on his podcast, mainly because his co-host is a UNC fan so Titus always takes jabs at him whenever Duke does something. I don't know, I just feel like he made a mistake on Pardon My Take, the guy is 30 years old, and is only in the media because of his blog (which was amazing back in the day.) He just went too far with this one.

There's an entire thread about this on THR. UNC fans have some nerve talking about another school cheating and scandals. They are so jealous it's pathetic

BD thats The Carolina Way! No matter what they do (23 years of organized academic fraud to benefit athletics, centered on hoops), they are blind to it, and have an elitist attitude toward everyone else.Obviously Kentucky is much like UNC, considering Calipari's baggage. I don't guess Titus talked about that in his show.

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: BD Warrior
Podcats and sports radio are a complete joke. Say something outlandish to gain attention with zero evidence. Really a shame what that industry has become, used to listen a lot but dont ever turn it on now.

David Glen is the one show I listen to. Intelligent guy.

Podcats and sports radio are a complete joke. Say something outlandish to gain attention with zero evidence. Really a shame what that industry has become, used to listen a lot but dont ever turn it on now.

David Glen is the one show I listen to. Intelligent guy.

Ol "DG" would DEFINITELY AGREE Laettner. Closet UNC fan too. Right Sky???

OFC

The shame of this is, here I am, talking about this guy because he said some dumb stuff. The only penalty for this type of wild speculation is that he loses readers/listeners. Most non Duke fans are not going to quit consuming. Most Duke fans probably don't care too much either. I will take a stand and unsuscri- no wait, nevermind, I like to listen to irrational Duke haters in the media so that I can practice how to respond to them in real life.

Reactions: jwill133
As stated in my thread: Ass Kickings:Refelction of a Honkey, people just can't handle getting their asses kicked anymore. There has to be an excuse of why they lose on the court or get out recruited.

"Lebron and Nike are funneling kids to Duke"

"Capel is using negative recruiting tactics against UK"

"There is a secret document on the Internet that clearly states sending high level recruits to Duke"

"The Refs screwed us and Duke stole our titles in '10 and '15.

These are the excuses coward ass bitches make when they get their asses kicked. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE="DukeDenver, post: 11236339, member: 1778
I like to listen to irrational Duke haters in the media so that I can practice how to respond to them in real life.[/QUOTE]

Its actually quite fun.... OFC

As stated in my thread: Ass Kickings:Refelction of a Honkey, people just can't handle getting their asses kicked anymore. There has to be an excuse of why they lose on the court or get out recruited.

"Lebron and Nike are funneling kids to Duke"

"Capel is using negative recruiting tactics against UK"

"There is a secret document on the Internet that clearly states sending high level recruits to Duke"

"The Refs screwed us and Duke stole our titles in '10 and '15.

These are the excuses coward ass bitches make when they get their asses kicked. :rolleyes:
I love the people that hate duke more than they love their own team

Barstool Sports and the podcast Pardon My Take are both wildly popular among st the college young professional crop. It is comedy based and a lot of what they say and do are satirical in nature. With that said, even though the bit is designed to get a couple laughs, the act himself, this Titus guy, I am sure is 100% serious in his thoughts and words. That reeks of frustration/hate/jealousy all combined into 1 bitter individual. I don't get upset in the slightest, it makes me smile. When you stand at the top and watch others scraping and clawing trying to bring you down, you have to just smile and laugh at their ridiculousness.

Reactions: HonkeyT
What kills me is Ky folks want to ASSURE you that Duke is cheating, when their coach has been caught....TWICE!!!

Also, how many articles were written saying Calipari paid Anthony Davis to attend Kentucky. It's funny how Kentucky thought that was crazy and now they are losing the top kids, so someone else is cheating because there's no way Calipari losses.

Did I also see in that article that because Duke is a private school, they are not subject to the Freedom of Information Act? While I'm sure that's true, what do they think they would find if they could use the Freedom of Information Act? Would such an inquiry say "Duke cheated to get X recruit?

I say Prove it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT