ADVERTISEMENT

Knox

Good luck. I'm a little surprised, but I guess I shouldn't be.

I like the fact we will have to be more traditional at the 4 & 5 although Wendell has a nice jumper. I still wanted knox though, now I will hate him for a season.

Reactions: KellenPatrick
I wonder who will be better. big luke maye as a junior or Kevin Knox as a freshman. OFC

Great pickup for UK! Needed some outside shooting he will address those needs. Best of luck to Duke in their persuit of Duval.

Reactions: UKEE
Found this quote quite hilarious. The family doesn't want all the fanfare?? Haaa. They have been total drama queens in dragging this out as long as possible. Not to mention that a couple weeks ago daddy said he was going to announce when he could line up a good time for ESPNs tv schedule. Lollll. Must be ESPN said no thanks so now it comes back to this crap.

"No press conference,” Don Dziagwa, the basketball coach and athletic director at Tampa Catholic, said via email. “Kevin and the family don’t want all the fanfare. They are planning on just announcing on social media Saturday evening.”

This is silly. We have fand that day similar but we must realize that this is a kid thinking about prom graduating girls and which amazing school he is going to bless with his attendance. They (recruits) are not die hard fans who spend lots of time on message boards and following every move of the program.

Just came here to catch yall preannouncement perspective of Knox.. and I agree with the poster who said that it didn't seem like anyone thinks he's a sure fire superstar. Hopefully he is and glad/surprised he picked us.

Will calm the masses... for a week, maybe.

Good luck to the kid when he gets to the NBA.

Duke will be fine.

If you guys get Duval (which I fully expect) and Jackson comes back then you're the #1 team in my opinion, Knox doesn't change that. If we get back Bradley we are probably right up there with you in the top 5 or so.

They can only play 2 guys at the 3-4 but they have Knox, PJ, Vanderbilt, Gabriel and SKJ there (those last two might play even less this year). Lack of shooting and no PG depth behind a slight freshman PG are causes for concern. They'll be very talented but the backcourt will be pretty weak and have a lack of outside shooting. If Diallo stays in the draft, they'll have some big spacing issues.

If you guys get Duval (which I fully expect) and Jackson comes back then you're the #1 team in my opinion, Knox doesn't change that. If we get back Bradley we are probably right up there with you in the top 5 or so.

They can only play 2 guys at the 3-4 but they have Knox, PJ, Vanderbilt, Gabriel and SKJ there (those last two might play even less this year). Lack of shooting and no PG depth behind a slight freshman PG are causes for concern. They'll be very talented but the backcourt will be pretty weak and have a lack of outside shooting. If Diallo stays in the draft, they'll have some big spacing issues.
That's the spirit.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Would loved to have Knox on the roster next season. He would have given us a lot of versatility, but oh well nothing we could do about it now. We really need Frank back.

Reactions: skysdad
Would loved to have Knox on the roster next season. He would have given us a lot of versatility, but oh well nothing we could do about it now. We really need Frank back.
I am not at all bummed out about losing Knox. And I am relieved he did not choose UNCheat. That Knox would choose to play for Cal tells me he is not our type of player. Happy not to have another OAD, when we already have players who may be just as good or better at the 3 and 4. Losing Knox is just not that big of a deal. I hope he gets a lot out of his one semester of classes at Kentucky.

Get it right Swervin...it's a first round NIT exit. Unlike UNC when UK goes NITing they don't make it all the way to lose at MSG.

Swervin did fine, he got in a good body slam and you came off the top rope! Lol

OFC

to much talent. if they land bamba like expected how will they get all these guys on the court? look at all the returning guys also. wow

to much talent. if they land bamba like expected how will they get all these guys on the court? look at all the returning guys also. wow
CNHS4aQUEAAgCau.jpg

Great pickup for UK! Needed some outside shooting he will address those needs. Best of luck to Duke in their persuit of Duval.

Not sure Knox addresses your needs with outside shooting. You are getting a solid kid and player that will defend like crazy though. He'll work hard to try to turn himself in an NBA level shooter though.

Each school has a prime time SF on there roster now but compared to how Duke showcases it's SF more effectively than UNC over the years. It's Jackson junior year and Tatum only a freshman. But Tatum is at that level now. FSU also has a good chance with Bacon and Issac are both who Knox is watching how he fits the offense. Duke is right there
Duke student/fan: "there roster". Great academics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT