ADVERTISEMENT

Knox

All of the sudden they are so excited to have Knox. Kinda of weird because when they thought he was going to Duke, they thought he was overrated and a typical Duke player. Now they think he could be a top five draft pick! Go figure! And they actually believe he can play the two because Coach Cal says so! LOL

I hate it when fans do that. There was a lot of UK fans doing that with Knox, downplaying his abilities, trashing him, etc. when they thought he was going to Duke/UNC then completely changed their tune when he committed to UK. It's similar to UK fans trashing Diallo when he declared for the draft. It doesn't help anything and makes your fan-base look stupid.

Knox has always been my second favorite player in the class, and I do think he has the capability to play the 2 offensively. He played point guard some in high school, so I think its not ridiculous to think he could play the 2 in college on offense. Defensively, I'm not sure he has the lateral quickness to guard college shooting guards. This team seems like the perfect zone team, but Calipari seems very opposed to zones.

I was on the scout board and found this post regarding Knox.

"UK insider is saying that Duke finished 3rd and that Knox didn't like Capel or all the extra bells and whistles with Duke. I would assume those extra B's and W's are going to class and getting an education. He also said that Duke was purposely leaking stuff and hyping Duke to Knox to gauge where they were with him and to see if he was a Duke kid. I'm sure it's BS but just repeating what I heard."

I find that hard to believe especially when his dad said, the decision came down to Duke and uk.

I was on the scout board and found this post regarding Knox.

"UK insider is saying that Duke finished 3rd and that Knox didn't like Capel or all the extra bells and whistles with Duke. I would assume those extra B's and W's are going to class and getting an education. He also said that Duke was purposely leaking stuff and hyping Duke to Knox to gauge where they were with him and to see if he was a Duke kid. I'm sure it's BS but just repeating what I heard."

I find that hard to believe especially when his dad said, the decision came down to Duke and uk.

A coach who supposedly has connections on Catsillustrated posted something similar today. He said that for Knox, it came down to UK and FSU but for his dad, it came down to UK and Duke.

UK has a bunch of trash guards coming in (Hami aint coming back). Quade is not a dribble drive pg (Duval is who they need for their offense), he is only 150 pounds and cant jump over a credit card. I like PJ's game though.

A coach who supposedly has connections on Catsillustrated posted something similar today. He said that for Knox, it came down to UK and FSU but for his dad, it came down to UK and Duke.

unc must have told him they didn't want or need him. That's the only reason he didn't pick unc. OFC

Reactions: Mr_GG

So basically , either way , he wasn't gonna play for Roy.

Reactions: Mr_GG
unc must have told him they didn't want or need him. That's the only reason he didn't pick unc. OFC

Sky I cannot imagine Roy telling him he wasnt needed. They had a glaring need for him at the 3.He just didnt want to go there, and again I think the cloud of potential sanctions played a role, ala Ingram.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
UK did sign Shai Gilgeous-Alexander who is ranked #33 in the 2017 class according to ESPN. I personally don't think he will be much of a help next year (just going off highlights and some other things I've read about him), but he is available. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Jared Vanderbilt run some point next year. He's an excellent playmaker and offensively, I believe he's capable of playing the point.

Vanderbilt a PG now, huh?? Haaa haaaaa.

Reactions: Dukeprodigy22
Sky I cannot imagine Roy telling him he wasnt needed. They had a glaring need for him at the 3.He just didnt want to go there, and again I think the cloud of potential sanctions played a role, ala Ingram.

OFC

I was being sarcastic. Of course hof coach roy williams wanted him. This was for the thr guys self satisfaction and justification. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Vanderbilt will play a hybrid type position for kensucky. With all the power forwards on the team they will must likely try to play bully ball and just out rebound it's opponents. Similar to uncheat

Vanderbilt will play a hybrid type position for kensucky. With all the power forwards on the team they will must likely try to play bully ball and just out rebound it's opponents. Similar to uncheat
Then if Bamba signs with them, then that's a team pretty much of frontcourt players.

Isn't positionless Cals mantra

K was talking about it for YEARS before Cal was around. YEARS before. Any Duke fan of a certain age can remember K saying we don't have 1-5, we don't have PGs, we just have players, for decades, probably back before Cal was even a head coach.

UK has a bunch of trash guards coming in (Hami aint coming back). Quade is not a dribble drive pg (Duval is who they need for their offense), he is only 150 pounds and cant jump over a credit card. I like PJ's game though.
Care to wager on Diallo coming back? Please don't call him hami that's a horrible nick name lol

K was talking about it for YEARS before Cal was around. YEARS before. Any Duke fan of a certain age can remember K saying we don't have 1-5, we don't have PGs, we just have players, for decades, probably back before Cal was even a head coach.
Do you have a link to anything where he says that? I honestly never heard K say anything like that before (I also don't really follow him)

Do you have a link to anything where he says that? I honestly never heard K say anything like that before (I also don't really follow him)
Definitely during the Laettner and Grant Hill years. Grant in 92 filling in for an injured Hurley against Shaq and LSU. Only true position guy in those years was Hurley and Thomas Hill

Hey Rump'sRoast you must be one of those guys that hates Duke more than he likes his own team

Reactions: hart2chesson
Definitely during the Laettner and Grant Hill years. Grant in 92 filling in for an injured Hurley against Shaq and LSU. Only true position guy in those years was Hurley and Thomas Hill
K never talked positionless basketball. He talked players able to play any position.

Reactions: TyCatPrice14
If a Duke fan comes to your crap board to have a normal conversation, u guys don't like it and run them off with your off color degrading comments about Duke, so u get what u deserve dude.
Two wrongs don't make a right. If he's being respectful he should be able to post.

If UK does not have a potential NBA superstar on the court they cant win any ships (see AD). I actually like Calipari but Ol' Roy is a better X's and O's coach than him and he stiiiiiinnnnkkksss, that is why he got put out by an excellent X's and O's coach in Bo Ryan. "Back to Back" like Drake, since he loves uk so much.

@TheDude1 comes to the UK board plenty

Not anymore. Got banned for bashing Jay Bilas, of all things:)

Annnnddd just to point out, every single time I did I had a half dozen UK fans getting their panties SO wickedly twisted out of shape it was hard to even have a reasonable conversation. "DUKE SUCKS, YOU SUCK, STOP COMING HERE TO DISCUSS DUKE EVEN THOUGH WE DISCUSS DUKE MORE THAN WE DISCUSS UK, RATFACE SUCKS, LANCE THOMAS IS A CHEATER AND NONE OF YOUR TITLES COUNT AND ARGGHH!!!" You know, that sort of thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT