ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky fan here, I come in peace

Aug 9, 2019
First of all congrats on the win, you all were the better team.
We could not match up with Banchero or Keels and they killed us
I feel like Coach K and John Wooden are the best to ever do it
I hope by Feb or so we will be a pretty good team
Oscar is a beast, I thought Wheeler played pretty good until later in the second half and he got tired and tried to do to much, Ty Ty shot 3 for 14 and looked like most freshmen look like in their first game but hope we can get better. Playing you all will help us in the long run
Good luck the rest of the season
I did like the fact that our kids did not quit. They could have rolled over and let it turn into a 20 pt loss

I thought UK played tough. Honestly I did think Duke would win more handily. Judging by the limited glimpse the scrimmages gave us I just felt Duke was more ready out of the gate (that is not an indication of how I think the end of the year will go).

Anyway Duke showed some promise but also showed a lot of work that needed to be done IMO. Williams had glimpses of looking great but was well off from what he showed late last year. Guard play has some work especially for creating for others. We need some three point scoring. But - we also never looked like we let UK in the game even with that brief lead you guys had in the 2nd. We never looked panicked or threatened.

Fun early season game.

I'm in the minority here but I always think Calipari does a good job getting his team ready to play and they play tough defense. Pretty impressive that they were as good as they were last night considering how little they've played together.

Nice to see a big time matchup with FANS IN THE STANDS!!! #normalcy

Kentucky will be very good this year no matter how much fans at Rupp Rafters downgrades their chances lol. A lot of nice pieces on that Kentucky team.

Reactions: jeffrey236
I actually thought the game expectation flipped. Most people thought Duke would be better in the paint than Kentucky and Kentucky better in the backcourt. With Banchero not playing inside at all, I felt like the Kentucky bigs did well, especially Oscar who owned Williams physically. And with the trio of Keels, Moore and Banchero attacking off the dribble, I thought they out played Kentucky.

First of all congrats on the win, you all were the better team.
We could not match up with Banchero or Keels and they killed us
I feel like Coach K and John Wooden are the best to ever do it
I hope by Feb or so we will be a pretty good team
Oscar is a beast, I thought Wheeler played pretty good until later in the second half and he got tired and tried to do to much, Ty Ty shot 3 for 14 and looked like most freshmen look like in their first game but hope we can get better. Playing you all will help us in the long run
Good luck the rest of the season
I did like the fact that our kids did not quit. They could have rolled over and let it turn into a 20 pt loss
Oscar is definitely a monster. Our front court is rather solid, and he still killed us. Neither team brought their best showing last night but, considering it was both teams first real games together that’s understandable. Just glad we got the W, especially considering it’s almost definitely the last time Coach K will face UK.

I thought UK played tough. Honestly I did think Duke would win more handily. Judging by the limited glimpse the scrimmages gave us I just felt Duke was more ready out of the gate (that is not an indication of how I think the end of the year will go).

Anyway Duke showed some promise but also showed a lot of work that needed to be done IMO. Williams had glimpses of looking great but was well off from what he showed late last year. Guard play has some work especially for creating for others. We need some three point scoring. But - we also never looked like we let UK in the game even with that brief lead you guys had in the 2nd. We never looked panicked or threatened.

Fun early season game.
K implied that Mark has been having a few knee problems lately

Keep your head up random UK fan. You guys are going to be special this season. That was about as awesome of a game as we could have asked for. Our freshmen really went off that game. I hope we meet again in March.

Reactions: Uncle Adolph
I lurk on RR. It's very active and a good source of info. I stay out of the Duke threads though lol. Kentucky has a good team, maybe a 4 or 5 seed.

Last edited:
I rewatched the game. Saw Oscar planted on the arc charge line the whole game. Never even moved much. Got a few passes in that area too he converted. Ball fell in his hands a lot. Teams will be ready for him to be standing there all game. Also didn’t play too much defense to stay out of foul trouble, hence all Duke’s easy baskets at the rim. Will be a problem for UK outside of their cuppity cake games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT