ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas St./UNC Game Thread

Brice has the amazing ability to foul like hell and almost never get called. That fiaso the other night where he hung on the rim, wrapped his legs around a dudes head and STILL , he shot technical FT's. Amazing.

When you got it, you got it. HOF Coach Roy Williams still continues to amaze me. I think he shouldn't be allowed to do that because it could be a recruiting advantage. He may no longer be the most interesting man on earth but he is the most amazing. OFC

Our system is relatively stupid, but a lot of these 3s are by people with hands in their faces (although plenty of open ones also). When a 3-14 from 3 guys is hitting like 6-7 or something, it is a good bit of luck! lol
imajericho I don't see how you won considering all the bad calls the refs made against the heels. I know you must have said so 50 times in the game thread. Also I have never see a fan base bad mouthing their team as much as your fellow fans did last night but kudos to you for sticking by them.

Last edited:
imajericho I don't see how you won considering all the bad calls the refs made against the heels. I know you must have said so 50 times in the game thread. Also I have never see a fan base bad mouthing their team as much as your fellow fans did last night but kudos to you for sticking by them.
There was a lot of bad calls at the beginning of the game. But, refs have been pretty bad almost consistently, especially with charge/block calls.

There is a difference with being bad throughout, swallowing the whistle, or calling it tight. But, when there isn't any consistency it makes the game hard to watch without getting upset (when the calls are seemingly going against you). I am sure any fanbase can agree to that. I think if you re-watch the game you will see the game was called pretty poorly most of the first half, while in the second it was called more evenly. (And, we were getting taken to the woodshed in the second half). The comment about Johnson not getting fouls called yet fouling all the time is for example kind of weird because I think Johnson sat earlier (maybe it was Meeks - Damn my memory fails me already) in the game due to fouls and Maye got a decent amount of minutes more than usual.

I also think a lot of our bashing that may or may not be done on our board isn't real hate but frustration. (Though I will be the first to admit I really hate every time I see Joel James take the court... like I shudder at just how many points we are going to spot the other team each time... lol) I think I saw some of the same stuff in your own game threads. Many of you seemed to be a little cool on Grayson after the Kentucky game for example. (I even opined something similar about Grayson from a criticism aspect). I think you all were just frustrated also.

That said, I am totally shocked we won that game. We simply were getting torched by a team shooting better than us. It wasn't until the end when nerves got to them and they started turning the ball over that it truly turned. But, I will take it. A win is a win. Wasn't pretty though. Not at all.

All in all, a win by every program in the ACC helps the conference RPI. When it comes down to seeding and stuff in the NCAA tourney, it can only help the schools in our conference with the goal of winning a championship. I know I would trade Duke going 26-4 and beating us twice in the regular season for a UNC NCAA championship. I am sure you would gladly accept that the other way around. Our schools play for championships, not irrationally hoping another school crashes and burns out of jealousy. I mean, we aren't NC State fans! =P ( I hope...)

There was a lot of bad calls at the beginning of the game. But, refs have been pretty bad almost consistently, especially with charge/block calls.

There is a difference with being bad throughout, swallowing the whistle, or calling it tight. But, when there isn't any consistency it makes the game hard to watch without getting upset (when the calls are seemingly going against you). I am sure any fanbase can agree to that. I think if you re-watch the game you will see the game was called pretty poorly most of the first half, while in the second it was called more evenly. (And, we were getting taken to the woodshed in the second half). The comment about Johnson not getting fouls called yet fouling all the time is for example kind of weird because I think Johnson sat earlier (maybe it was Meeks - Damn my memory fails me already) in the game due to fouls and Maye got a decent amount of minutes more than usual.

I also think a lot of our bashing that may or may not be done on our board isn't real hate but frustration. (Though I will be the first to admit I really hate every time I see Joel James take the court... like I shudder at just how many points we are going to spot the other team each time... lol) I think I saw some of the same stuff in your own game threads. Many of you seemed to be a little cool on Grayson after the Kentucky game for example. (I even opined something similar about Grayson from a criticism aspect). I think you all were just frustrated also.

That said, I am totally shocked we won that game. We simply were getting torched by a team shooting better than us. It wasn't until the end when nerves got to them and they started turning the ball over that it truly turned. But, I will take it. A win is a win. Wasn't pretty though. Not at all.

All in all, a win by every program in the ACC helps the conference RPI. When it comes down to seeding and stuff in the NCAA tourney, it can only help the schools in our conference with the goal of winning a championship. I know I would trade Duke going 26-4 and beating us twice in the regular season for a UNC NCAA championship. I am sure you would gladly accept that the other way around. Our schools play for championships, not irrationally hoping another school crashes and burns out of jealousy. I mean, we aren't NC State fans! =P ( I hope...)

Do you really think we are buying all this crap from you. I'll say this . You are entertaining but I really think you just post here to irritate us. I'm trying to be nice. OFC

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT