ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Bucknell

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📺 ACCN
📍 Cameron Indoor Stadium
⏰ 6pm

Game one of the “blue devil challenge” featuring duke vs the mighty bison of Bucknell we are a 33 point favorite

Bucknell is coached by JOHN GRIFFIN III in his very first season. John played ball at Bucknell and graduated in 08. His father coached at St Joseph’s from 90-95. As a player he was a key backup on Bison squads that defeated Kansas and Arkansas in the first round of the 2005 and 2006 NCAA Tournaments. The Kansas win was the first NCAA Tournament victory in Bucknell and Patriot League history. The 2005-06 squad finished 27-5 overall (14-0 in the Patriot League), earned a top-25 ranking and a No. 9 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Prediction is it’s a long night for the new cosch

Duke-102
Bucknell-62
As we finally flex our muscles a bit

Per DBR forum, Reeves was seen in a boot yesterday.

📺 ACCN
📍 Cameron Indoor Stadium
⏰ 6pm

Game one of the “blue devil challenge” featuring duke vs the mighty bison of Bucknell we are a 33 point favorite

Bucknell is coached by JOHN GRIFFIN III in his very first season. John played ball at Bucknell and graduated in 08. His father coached at St Joseph’s from 90-95. As a player he was a key backup on Bison squads that defeated Kansas and Arkansas in the first round of the 2005 and 2006 NCAA Tournaments. The Kansas win was the first NCAA Tournament victory in Bucknell and Patriot League history. The 2005-06 squad finished 27-5 overall (14-0 in the Patriot League), earned a top-25 ranking and a No. 9 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Prediction is it’s a long night for the new cosch

Duke-102
Bucknell-62
As we finally flex our muscles a bit
Hope to see Power get some serious burn.

OFC

Friday game? Nice. I'd like to see more out of Stewart and McCain, and maybe see some minutes for Power. Reeves too.
Duke 88
Bucknell 59
Darn just read the Reeves news from GAAP. Hope he gets better soon. More minutes for Stewart. I like that we have already played 2 good teams and now have a chance to fine tune things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fourteen44
Hate to hear the news about Reeves. He's one of the few that can't afford any medical setbacks. I'm not worried at all about McCain. He just had a game the other day where his shot didn't fall, and Foster came in and his did. I like all of our freshmen, and believe come February, Stewart will be of more help.

Duke by 36.

Last edited:
Duke 89
Bucknell 55

McCain hits 5 3's and ends the night with 19 and the coveted DI gameball!

Until the team comes out and says more we cannot be all doom and gloom. Could be overly cautious with easy sailing for more than a month except at Arkansas.
Considering Reeves had left ankle surgery in the off season…..

The crazy’s need to start screaming like they see Taylor swift on tv at a chiefs game…

Reactions: pisgah101
Hope Flip is okay. That would make Young our tallest player (who plays) Him and Stewart are 6-9.

As for Flip, maybe high ankle sprain at worst? Those are usually the worst ones but like someone else said, can still come back in a few weeks right?

Each time Stewart gets in he looks active and makes a play. Would be nice to see him with extended minutes to see what he can really do.
With Flip out you will get your wish. I would assume a few weeks for Flip. Arkansas might be rough without him.

Reactions: Duke Blu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT