ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas St./UNC Game Thread

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
The refs have really screwed UNC the first 20 minutes of the game. So much so, that KSU is clinging to a two-point lead - 32-30 - at the half.

I don't think KSU has the firepower to pull off the upset, but they're hanging in there right now.

UNCheat is playing some matador defense right now.

I don't like Dan Dick-a very often

But when I do he's calling UNC pussies since 1984!!!!

Good game. Stokes has been killing for KSU. 60-56 KSU with 5:59 left

OFC

KSU has hit some ridiculous shots.

And Johnson gets away with an over the back and basket interference.

Refs feeling bad and giving UNC some points.... Let's see if they matter. KSU hasn't been great 5 on 5. May be tough to get a few buckets here

Yeah, looked like basket interference to me. Can't be though, the refs always cheat the Heels.

OFC

That basket interference non-call could be a huge one. KSU should be up six and going to the line....instead it's only four.

KSU is shooting out of their minds. If we win this, it is a miracle. Not many teams would win against someone shooting this much better than their norm.

Maybe, but you only have 63 points this far in during a season where scoring has been up.

KSU is shooting out of their minds. If we win this, it is a miracle. Not many teams would win against someone shooting this much better than their norm.

You guys don't defend the three at all though. It's easier to make wide-open looks than if you're guarded.

Berry hits a huge shot and KSU ensues to melt down. In a big way.

Fun game for a while. Good night everyone.

I will say Pinson has looked good in the little I've seen this year. Berry looks steady too.

Would of bet it would play out as such. KSU not good decisions. UNC can't shoot. Paige will help but same ol cryolina!

Bring em on

Reactions: pisgah101

Ya ever notice how often that happens??? Ya suppose it's the basketball gods against you or maybe the system??

I've got my guess

Ya ever notice how often that happens??? Ya suppose it's the basketball gods against you or maybe the system??

I've got my guess
Our system is relatively stupid, but a lot of these 3s are by people with hands in their faces (although plenty of open ones also). When a 3-14 from 3 guys is hitting like 6-7 or something, it is a good bit of luck! lol

Did anyone notice that during the final minute of the game that the game clock seemed to keep getting stuck for like a fraction of a second?

That basket interference non-call could be a huge one. KSU should be up six and going to the line....instead it's only four.

That ended up being a total game changer.

They'll be better with Paige but unx bet the farm on this being a FF-type season. Anything less and it woulda been better to take their medicine earlier...

I know Paige is out and that is a big difference maker, but I still do not know what to think about UNC. Ultimately, having a lot of upperclassmen experience is kind of a double-edged sword. Obviously it is good to have quality, older players. But on the other hand, if a high-major, particularly a blue-blood like UNC, has a lot of guys that are back as seniors, there is a reason for that - if they were better they would already be playing for money. I think some UNC guys will rationalize it, even going with the "they love the school" argument. I'm sure they do, but they would love millions of dollars more if they had shown enough to go get it.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Well, that was a hell of a change of events.

You win and still whine about the officiating. Guess that is the is the best way to cover your rears if you do lose. Trying to be nice. OFC

Last edited:
Eh I think Jerico has been more or less pleasant compared to others. I like him. I hate his team.

Turns out this play was really huge. Still not saying UNC loses had it been called, but it would have killed the little momentum they had at the time.

They'll get better with Paige, but I'm not sure it's exponentially better. While I think they're a threat to go to the Final Four and maybe even cut down the nets I still think there's 6-8 other teams who can make the same claim. And realistically, there's probably 20-25 teams capable of winning four in a row to get to the final weekend.

Reactions: pisgah101
Turns out this play was really huge. Still not saying UNC loses had it been called, but it would have killed the little momentum they had at the time.

They'll get better with Paige, but I'm not sure it's exponentially better. While I think they're a threat to go to the Final Four and maybe even cut down the nets I still think there's 6-8 other teams who can make the same claim. And realistically, there's probably 20-25 teams capable of winning four in a row to get to the final weekend.
I'm deff with ya on the 20-25 teams this is WIDE open

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT