ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke @ GT

Either a player steps up and calls the team out, Jon does, or both. This proves my point about Flip. He’s good, but isn’t special. The same can be said for Roach.

We have no leader.

I never thought returning guys would cause problems

Last edited:
I’ve been reading comments on Twitter (not reliable sourcing) that in addition to there being a rift between the older and younger guys on the team, that Duke has had some NIL complications. Guys upset because they aren’t getting what they were promised.

Sounds ridiculous, I do know this was an issue at UK last season and has been an issue for many football programs.

It is what it is, we are in a new era of college sports. Get with the times or get left behind. There is no reason a basketball transfer who is a good student should have any issue transferring to Duke. Spare me the “well his credits don’t fully transfer” and all that crap. Play the portal to your advantage or lose. We have to do better. NIL needs to be an advantage too. These guys are now paid professionals, we’re just pretending they are still student athletes.

Reactions: christophero
I’ve been reading comments on Twitter (not reliable sourcing) that in addition to there being a rift between the older and younger guys on the team, that Duke has had some NIL complications. Guys upset because they aren’t getting what they were promised.

Sounds ridiculous, I do know this was an issue at UK last season and has been an issue for many football programs.

It is what it is, we are in a new era of college sports. Get with the times or get left behind. There is no reason a basketball transfer who is a good student should have any issue transferring to Duke. Spare me the “well his credits don’t fully transfer” and all that crap. Play the portal to your advantage or lose. We have to do better. NIL needs to be an advantage too. These guys are now paid professionals, we’re just pretending they are still student athletes.
mind sharing links?

You guys should go back and read the comments from before the season about this team.

Reactions: sheyduke
On a happier note seeing Godzilla Minus Zero. Edit: Just got back. Holy cow that was really good. Awe inspiring. Godzilla is scary again. Go see it on the big screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWEc/o95
It would be a good movie even if you took Godzilla out of it, which was very surprising. Legitimately good acting in a G movie.
What time is the Charlotte game? Feels like a must win after GT.

Last edited:
It would be a good movie even if you took Godzilla out of it, which was very surprising. Legitimately good acting in a G movie.
What time is the Charlotte game? Feels like a must win after GT.
The game is at 2:15 EST. But I would agree, must win and from here on out, Duke needs to beat the teams they are supposed to beat. No excuses, just take care of business.

Ok posters . It’s time for that slap the floor get in your face Duke defense . I think this team can put it together but am skeptical about line ups . It’s time for the freshman to earn their keep! Be handy with the ball if you know what I mean ! Blue devils !!! Ball up ! ( kinda switched the words of Warren G )

Reactions: christophero
Young team that has looked better at home. Is a must win; if we can't beat Charlotte at home with a week's prep after 2 losses than we are just not a good or well coached team to put it kindly. 2 bad losses in a week would sink any chances of a good seed. We need to win this game and I think we do.

Waiting to see what changes there are if any. If we see more of the same lineups with similar results, then i will officially be concerned. Right now i am just not amused, as opposed to concerned lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT