ADVERTISEMENT

How many..

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
More games do we lose? Since ACC play has (barely) started let’s predict.

I’m going to say 2 more Ls although we will be favored from now till the beginning of April. We prob drop one to NC St or VT I think we will get up enough to beat any of the really good teams we play. We win the ACC tourney and National Tourney and the final four will be

Duke
Michigan
Tennessee
Virginia

If we can get Cam going again we could possibly get through with one more loss. If not we might loose 2 or maybe even 3 more before tournament time. Then we roll to #6.
OFC

Reactions: retiredsoldier
ACC is gonna be a battle this year but I like our D a whole lot more than the past 5 to 10 years

It isn’t a Duke basketball season without that one loss to a middle to bottom of the standings ACC team. Some team will have the game of their life and Duke will play like crap.

I’m going to predict 3 more losses. All on the road. Distinct possibility it could happen next Saturday.

4 more in the regular season imo. Don’t shoot it well enough.

I like us against anybody, anywhere, but I'm gonna say we lose two more.....but not in Post season play

I'd love to agree with this, but I think the ACCT will present some problems. The guys have to get used to playing hard in 3 consecutive games. It isn't all about playing hard, it is playing smart so as to save some gunpowder for the next night. These back to back tourneys are something they will never face again, and haven't faced yet. In the pros, they only ever go back to back on occasion. They rarely faced competitive games at the AAU tourneys, at least not to the point of having to play hard consistently over 3 games. Frosh rarely succeed in these types of tourneys. It can take years to learn how to correctly prepare for and participate in, these types of tourneys.

I think they'll be great in the NCAAT. But the conference tourney tends to favor experience.

I'd love to agree with this, but I think the ACCT will present some problems. The guys have to get used to playing hard in 3 consecutive games. It isn't all about playing hard, it is playing smart so as to save some gunpowder for the next night. These back to back tourneys are something they will never face again, and haven't faced yet. In the pros, they only ever go back to back on occasion. They rarely faced competitive games at the AAU tourneys, at least not to the point of having to play hard consistently over 3 games. Frosh rarely succeed in these types of tourneys. It can take years to learn how to correctly prepare for and participate in, these types of tourneys.

I think they'll be great in the NCAAT. But the conference tourney tends to favor experience.

I was mostly referring to the NCAA tourney. I really don't care that much about the ACCT. if we win it, great, but I don't get upset when we don't. Honestly, without looking it up, I have no earthly idea how many we have won.

Reactions: PatrickYates
Man, i'm watching the Clemson game again, and these boys are serious. I'm not sure how many more we loose to be honest. My heart says one more, but dang, playing like this with Cam being in a funk and Jack white balling. Duke's bench is no longer a weakness. If Tre don't slow down, he's going to get arrested for harassment lol.

I'm going with 3. UVA,unc cheater u and the usual mishap. Would love to mark out the chapel hill game and sweep those cheaters but it's gonna be tough. I wish I could say no more loses but got to be real. OFC

I think we are going to skull drag the cheats both times!

That would be so wonderful. It really hurts when we lose to those dirty cheaters. It's gotten a lot worse for me since they got out of the academic scandal. It just eats away at me. When we lose to those cheaters I have a hard time sleeping afterwards. They should be on probation right now , have had some schlordship's taken away, some wins vacated and the most wonderful thing of all natty's vacated. But it is what it is. I watch them play just hoping they lose. It doesn't matter what sport it is. Am I obsessed? Could very well be. I do believe in mercy but I also believe in justice.Justice never was and never will be served in this case. If so I could feel mercy. #deanknew,johnnynew,mackknew,dickknewverybodyknew and no doubt hof coach roy williams knew. At one time I did respect the program.Not any more. I can't even respect their current athletes even though they weren't part of the scandal. They know too. Bless their hearts. I wish I felt differently. In the New Years resolution I posted I want to be a better person and getting over it is part of being a better person. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Were not losing to UNC!

But I would say temper expectations a bit- we are going to see some brutally hostile environments. 3 point shooting is a major concern.

Were not losing to UNC!

But I would say temper expectations a bit- we are going to see some brutally hostile environments. 3 point shooting is a major concern.
I agree about the environments, but I like our chances with Tre at the helm. Our 3 point shooting is a little bad, but I see more of a match up nightmare for other teams just based on the ability to get to the paint at will. We can improve on 3 point shooting for sure, but how do you practice for what Duke throws on the floor? Like Brownell said last night and a few other coaches that have played Duke already, their size and athletic ability on the wings and how long they are is really impressive.

Reactions: skysdad
I think we’ll probably end up losing maybe 2-3 ACC games. Most likely all on the road because I don’t see us losing in Cameron this season. Maybe some combination of @FSU, @UVA and/or @VT.

I'm going to go with 2 more loses, @VT and UVA in ACCT final. I get the feeling that Jack white, is going to help this team win games they would normally lose.

We can’t lose many games if Duke is thinking about winning the regular season title though because UVA ain’t gonna lose many!

Reactions: skysdad
I'll have a much better time answering this after the FSU game. But I'm going with one more loss during the regular season, and we drop the finals of the ACC tourney because we got the overall #1 seed in the bag.

2 or 3 losses. I think undefeated at home. Losses possibly at VT, at UVA, or at FSU. We sweep Unc. Cut the ACC Tourney nets down in Charlotte with Duke fans and a lot of Unc fans in attendance lol. We go through the South Carolina and then through DC region NCAA Tourney sites on our way to the Final Four in Minneapolis to win #6!

Only team I’m worried about is UVA. FSU is sorry, so are is the rest:D

4. Three against some of the better teams in the conference and one WTF-loss. As is tradition.

Reactions: Dad2ze
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT