ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH - NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET SIXTEEN OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Duke 74, VT 71. We advance, barely, and the year of winning ugly continues. A win is a win.

I think we cover. We should be fully healthy and rested.

Jack White hits a couple of 3's and we pull away.

Duke 83
VT 72

Reactions: christophero
Is there some concern that it will be like a home game for Va Tech? Or will Duke have its share of fans? I think Duke covers, but I worry about a big crowd against them

Reactions: christophero
It’s the same distance from NY to DC and Blacksburg to DC. Is it not reasonable that the fan base will travel?

I don't think it as much about distance from the 2 schools to DC, as it is that VTech is a state school, and a lot of alumni grew up/live/work in northern virginia and dc. Yes, there is a large contingency of Duke alum as well, but it will be a pro Tech crowd without a doubt

Reactions: pisgah101
I don't know whether I'm more excited or nervous. Either way, I got a bottle of Pepto handy.

Last edited:
That 7.5 line seems high, this bad boy is coming down to the wire. Some of VT's specific strengths, most specifically keeping people out of the paint, play against Duke's strengths. The percentage of VT's opponents shots that come from three is about 50%, which is top five in the country. On that end of the floor, they are absolutely built on keeping people out of the lane. Duke is among the nation's best at paint production and 2 point percentage. In addition, VT is top ten in the country shooting about 40% from three, while Duke is top ten giving up about 29% from three. Strength on strength big time in a lot of ways.

I love the optimists on this board who consistently predict multiple 3s by Alex, Jack, and Joey. I really do love you guys. But let me tell you what is actually going to happen.

- Zion and RJ will score literally almost all of our points
- One of either Cam or Tre will score in double figures
- Bolden will have 4 points on 1-3 shooting and 2-2 from the line
-And Javin will get on the scoresheet only if he doesn't miss all his free throws.

Last edited:
Yesterday, my boss tried to joke and tell me I had to work during the Duke game.

Boss: you need to work during the games tomorrow. [sly smile on his face]

Me: Can’t, I have a religious ceremony.

Boss: Basketball isn’t a religion.

Me: I pray more during Duke games than I do in church. [sly smile on my face]

Reactions: Mpm277 and Hurley22
The slow start in round 1 then the grind of game 2.

Unfortunately I think we look back after this weekend and realize the signs were pretty obvious

Just saw a short video and was trying to figure out if Cam has always worn a knee brace. He had a brace on his knee and was limping. Did he tweak his knee last weekend?

I think if Tre wants to go home for the FF, he better start tonight and stay aggressive. Foul trouble may be big in this one, so I hope everyone stays under control. Our "D" must talk, help, and recover really well for 40 minutes. What I would really like to see is for us to play with a sense of urgency, everybody clicking, and that's what I think will happen. Duke will cover the spread and move on to the E8!
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
I don't think it as much about distance from the 2 schools to DC, as it is that VTech is a state school, and a lot of alumni grew up/live/work in northern virginia and dc. Yes, there is a large contingency of Duke alum as well, but it will be a pro Tech crowd without a doubt
Are there a lot of janitorial jobs in the DC/Northern VA area?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT