ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Brakefield looked like Battier Jr. out there today. Love it. Hurt played like an all American. And Roach looked good. No let down against Syracuse!

Reactions: jamsession3
At least we won, so the majority of the new board won’t be by today.

Reactions: dbav
Game recap, plus five observations. Duke may have just saved their season.

Reactions: christophero
What’s encouraging is that Virginia played well. They threw up a real stinker against Florida State, but looked much more poised last night. So it’s hard to attribute the win to catching a team on an off night.
How they respond with 1 day off, and playing against the ‘Cuse zone, will be quite telling. Hopefully no letdown. Thank goodness it’s on ESPN and not the ACC network!

Big, Big win!! Our team is really improving. Our freshman are growing right before our eyes. If we continue our good play, it will be time to get our dancing shoes out!!!
OFC

This makes his decision even more baffling.Not only is he going to have to explain to the NBA why he quit but why his team got better after he left

The situation was always about chemistry and the development of Mark Williams. The lineups now are fluid and sensible. As fans, we should never underestimate the exhibition/non - conference season again. Either Jalen would've got on board or the staff would've made the adjustments much earlier.

Last edited:
The situation was always about chemistry and the development of Mark Williams. The lineups now are fluid and sensible. As fans, we should underestimate the exhibition/non - conference season again. Either Jalen would've got on board or the staff would've made the adjustments much earlier.

THIS!

Last edited:
Starting to really enjoy this team. Shame we couldn’t make the most of it with Jalen, but I think we are in a better space. Enough talent on this team to compete with anybody. I think we get an at-large bid. No doubt we are a Top 50 team today. And we will be better one week, two weeks from now.

Reactions: timo0402
And whats even crazy is that looking at SC last night. Kansas 7 losses..Unc 7 losses...........in tourney....Duke 8 losses struggling....I get who you've beaten an all but we've played less games as well...hope that goes into consideration as well as the dynamic of the "NEW" team

Reactions: DBM0828
Beating Syracuse would be another statement. We really can't afford to lose to them.

A few blood vessels and a cardiac arrest avoided by knowing the result before getting to watch the second half...date night took precedent...those FT misses would have done me in! :) Great defensive effort and enough offense to get it done. Hope we can keep it going and get into the tournament conversation

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT