ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
We’ve arrived at a must win. If we even want a pulse of an opportunity of getting an at-large (which we all realize isn’t likely) we have to get a tier one win on our resume. Honestly, we probably have to run the regular season schedule.

Wednesday was the first time that I really believed, in a normal season, this team is a tournament team. With such young players (5th youngest in the country) they just did not have time to develop.

Watching what they’ve done the last two games has been impressive. In fact, the clowns on here acting like Coach K was washed up should be ashamed of themselves. It’s too small of a sample size and too soon to comment on how the season will finish (obviously) but from my vantage point, he’s doing one of the best jobs of coaching he’s ever done.

UVA comes in favored by -1.5. If home court advantage was actually a thing, that wouldn’t be the case even if everything else was as is, but with little home court help, it’s an obvious pick.

I really think we continue our hot play and get this one. Tipoff is slated for 8pm est and the game will air on ESPN.

Duke - 70

Virginia – 64

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching what they’ve done the last two games has been impressive. In fact, the clowns on here acting like Coach K was washed up should be ashamed of themselves. It’s too small of a sample size and too soon to comment on how the season will finish (obviously) but from my vantage point, he’s doing one of the best jobs of coaching he’s ever done.

No question about it. What K has done over the last couple games with a team most had trashed, plus the distraction of Johnson, is remarkable.Once again he has shown why he is THE G.O.A.T.

Line looks a little low, and if UVA wins it will be by only one point,but they won't cover. In fact Duke not only beats the spread, they win STRAIGHT UP!

DUKE, 67-62

OFC

Biggest game of the season tonight. Game preview:

Just be competitive. Haven’t seen Virginia play but I’m sure they have a good defense as usual. Just don’t let them kill you offensively and we got a chance. Start strong. We’ve started out like trash against every good team

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think we can win. We've looked way better the last 2 games. No shame in losing this one; but we used up our mulligans and need to win this to have a shot at making the tournament. Plus a win would give us some nice press after last week. Duke 69 Virginia 67
I really like Brakefield's recent reemergence. He can be really good by next year. I am really pleased by our recent spurt. Ending the year on a losing streak was not going to be good for my mental health. Now we have something to build on.

Last edited:
So far Virginia is making tough/bad shots and Duke is taking tough/bad shots but not keeping up at the same clip. We just gotta calm down.

I like our effort on defense. We gotta be more aggressive on offense...the fact UVA only has 1 foul is a disheartening trend.

really like what we are doing so far....where has this team been?!! UVA a tough out so need to keep in contact for as long as possible

Nice defense to close it out! That goldwire missed layup is killing me but everyone’s playing extremely well

Reactions: tripleb71
We could have used the missed layup or the wide open 3 Stewart got, but I'll take where we are at. Going to be a battle next half.

Reactions: sheyduke
Come on DI! Let's cheer on our team!

Give 'em hell Duke!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT