ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Jav had as many pts as Hurt/Stanley and Moore combined....just saying

Hurt, Stanley and Moore should frankly be embarrassed how much talent they are wasting and forcing Tre and Vern to try to win these ultra important games 2 on 5. It's pathetic man, they are just complete freshmen mentally and don't have any confidence whatsoever.

Guess what? Heels are even playing better than this Duke team.

next two games will go down to the wire.

Duke has 2 guys who can score all of a sudden. Not sure how they hell they beat Kansas or stomped Sparty at Breslin but that team is long gone.

4 more games left?

I don’t know but it hurts to watch.
I've learned my lesson and before I join in on the negativity, I just won't watch. I would rather do that than join in on the team bashing, even if it has some truth to it right now. I'm going to say again, something is terribly wrong with this team disguised as Duke.

We didn’t look like we had much of a plan on offense. I’m sure we were trying to accomplish something, but that Virginia defense made us look so bad that our plan was not apparent.

I've learned my lesson and before I join in on the negativity, I just won't watch. I would rather do that than join in on the team bashing, even if it has some truth to it right now. I'm going to say again, something is terribly wrong with this team disguised as Duke.

thats actually a smart strategy. I refuse to bash those kids but you are right, something is wrong and it is concerning. I’ll make my exit before it gets out of hand in here

Reactions: retiredsoldier
this team is a mystery. They have undoubtedly struggled on the road and have lost two games at home. They also looked great at Michigan State and during their 7 game win streak at the end of January/start of February. March begins tomorrow and I hope the coaching staff figures something out, because their game plan is not working at the moment.

Seriously how many games do we win in the NCAA tournament? two? three at best? That's not being negative it's being real. Hope to be wrong but we could lose our last 4 games. It's possible. But I will hope for the best. But we need to turn it around fast.

this team is a mystery. They have undoubtedly struggled on the road and have lost two games at home. They also looked great at Michigan State and during their 7 game win streak at the end of January/start of February. March begins tomorrow and I hope the coaching staff figures something out, because their game plan is not working at the moment.
That would take K to stop being stubborn. There have been zero adjustments made and it is so frustrating to watch.

Reactions: Mpm277 and ioliva
I missed most of the second half except for the last few seconds because I dozed off because I’ve had a sinus headache all afternoon. Did we play bad in the second half or did Virginia josh play good?

Seriously how many games do we win in the NCAA tournament? two? three at best? That's not being negative it's being real. Hope to be wrong but we could lose our last 4 games. It's possible. But I will hope for the best. But we need to turn it around fast.

Just win the 2 home games this week then hope for the best

Reactions: christophero
Glass half full we nearly beat UVA at their place. win the last 2, win one in the ACC tournament and get a 3 seed. Hopefully some favorable match ups. I'm trying to be positive here.

There’s no way the Duke team that played tonight wins the ACC tourney...not sure they win the next two either. Hoping for good matchups in the tourney... not looking for a Mercer repeat. This being said...Devil Til I Die!

It's time to get home and figure things out for our last two games against the Pack and the Cheats. We are much better at home and maybe those two games can turn us back around. I will be pulling hard for that to happen. Not giving up on them as long as there are games to play!!!!!!! GO DUKE!!!!
OFC

even unccheat playing better than Duke right now.

Well, we need to pull a MSU this year, still time to come together but K has to tell guys what their role will be and stick to it.....guys need to know so they can prepare for a game

The biggest problem imo is we are not tough or mean enough. We recruit all these OAD premier athletes that light it up in HS but when you get to college you better bring some toughness and most don’t. They want to show flash and that’s it. Hell, Hurt doesn’t even look like he cares if he plays or not. Big Vern tries but he is a 18 yr old kid that got eat up in the paint by age and experience and knowing how to be tough without fouling. We don’t have that

Are they though?

I’m not sure this team has gotten a lick better than the beginning of the year. Go down our roster and find me a guy that has gotten better. We were a 2 man team at the beginning and we are a 2 man team now. I just don’t see improvement at all. It stinks to say this but without a 3rd scorer we are a early 2nd weekend team at best and at risk of a first weekend elimination.

The group of Wendell, Cash, Matthew, our freshman class (sans Vern). I just don’t see any ability to create in the half court. We have no one that can get a bucket out of that group.

Ugh. I would have much preferred to stink earlier in the year and battled through our misery. When I wake up tomorrow it’s going to be March. This isn’t a bad team, it’s just not a championship team. At least not from what I’m seeing.

The second half of this season has been the worst coaching from a duke bench since the second half of 94/95. Embarrassing what this team has become with a ton of talent.

I’ve noticed last handful of games, K won’t leave his seat. He usually is fired up all game working the refs. Now they pan over to the bench and there is minimal emotion. Not sure if he is in pain or his back is acting up again. The way the fouls have been called the last two games, the old K would have been going ballistic. Something is wrong. I see it.

K is searching for answers with lineups switching and minutes being changed game to game......practice is where minutes are won....give them out accordingly and stick to it.....we should actually have an assistant coach doing substitutions so K does not have to on the fly

Reactions: dukesince91
Today I watched the Duke MSU game from 2015 and Oakafor seems way ahead of Carey. Perhaps that's not fair as Okafor had more help.

everyone but Vern and Tre should be back next season but it won’t happen. Makes no sense to me but it is the times we live in.

I would go further and say everyone on this team should return. Tre and Carey are only projected as late 1st rounders. Carey’s game is not suited for the NBA and Tre would be playing in the G-League if he were to leave after this season. Tre has improved tremendously from last season, but he still is not nba ready imo.

That would take K to stop being stubborn. There have been zero adjustments made and it is so frustrating to watch.

to be fair the offense looked a lot better tonight but we just have guys who can’t score

Other teams have figured us out. The coaching staff and players haven't been able to establish a new identity. We can't seem to establish a consistent rotation. Although it was good to have a deep rotation earlier, it's time we narrow it down and just play them so they know they will get consistent minutes.

Reactions: christophero
The biggest problem imo is we are not tough or mean enough. We recruit all these OAD premier athletes that light it up in HS but when you get to college you better bring some toughness and most don’t. They want to show flash and that’s it. Hell, Hurt doesn’t even look like he cares if he plays or not. Big Vern tries but he is a 18 yr old kid that got eat up in the paint by age and experience and knowing how to be tough without fouling. We don’t have that
I called for J Rob to start an end of game brawl with a stool weeks ago, the message must have never been relayed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT