ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I think we play well, although I thought that last game. We should know what kind of game it's going to be in the first five minutes. Let's go Duke!

Duke 72
UVA 65

Reactions: Liftee
UVA is 6'8, 6'9, 7'1 at the 3 through 5, I would imagine hurt will get the start. Would love to see a starting lineup of tre, alex, stanley, hurt, vern. Alex has been gaining confidence lately and if he gets going we could be elite offensively. His 3pt threat not only creates more space for vern but creates more driving lanes for tre and other guys

I agree with Hurley. If we come out shooting well, it should give us the confidence we need. Of all the Duke teams in recent years, this one needs to shoot well to keep the pressure off Carey.

I'd like to see us run more motion on offense the entire game instead of relying on Tre to break down the defense by himself. UVA's defense is designed to eat up stagnant offenses.

Reactions: Hurley22
Duke 62
Hoos 65

Can’t start slow against a D like this. Will pull for the W regardless. LGD.

UVA is very bad offensively, so I hope we start Alex and Hurt for our offense. Bring Goldy and Moore off the bench to spell Tre and Cash. Duke by about 6.
OFC

Tailspin continues unfortunately with UVA''s length and size proving too much to overcome.....Sadly, yet realistically,

UVA 66
DUKE 60

OFC

I think the key is containing Clark from scoring, it limits them to two scoring options...hopefully we can then get Diakite in foul trouble....they dont have a lot of options so if we give up 60 to them it wont be a good effort on D. If we hit early shots and heed the warnings of slow starts from the Wake and NCst games...we win by double digits. But at this point its all about the IF's because we have a Jekyll and Hyde personality on this team

Who the heck knows. We seem to play worse against terrible teams so maybe we actually show up today. Plus I'm sure K has pit a fire under them. But again, who knows.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Duke will win today. I won’t be able to see the game live and every game I’ve missed Duke has won. I’m surprised so many are picking Duke to win. I could of sworn 70% of our fans said they were trash and Coach K has quit coaching.
Duke 69
VA 62

It's the season of two teams, which one shows up?? I agree we have seen a very solid team show up for the big games, and I think we see that team today. 40% from 3, Tre with a big game.

I also think anyone who thinks UVA scores 60+ is high.

Duke 72
UVA 54

I still have confidence in the boys. We have been saying we have good defense but we've been getting tortured lately. Now if we give up say 70 against UVA, then we def. have a serious problem. I'm thinking we don't and win.

Duke 64
UVA 58

Reactions: Quavarius
Of the 4 on college game day, only one picked Duke. Bilas.
We need shooters. Hope Alex gets some time and looks.

Reactions: hart2chesson
First 5 minutes will tell the story of this game. I think we struggle to score. Virginia is very good against ball screens and that seems to be all we run on offense.
Virginia 61
Duke 55

I know K has Bennett's number, but I'm more than a little worried about this one. UVA needs a good resume boosting win, but we need one also to stem the bleeding. Should be a real battle.
If the Hoos do win, this place will totally meltdown.

Duke 61
UVA 60

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
I know K has Bennett's number, but I'm more than a little worried about this one. UVA needs a good resume boosting win, but we need one also to stem the bleeding. Should be a real battle.
If the Hoos do win, this place will totally meltdown.

Duke 61
UVA 60

OFC
I am not sure of a meltdown but I get what you are saying.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Will be curious to see how Vernon handles being doubled tonight. Virginia doubles most post entries so he needs to take care of the basketball and not force things. We must make them pay for the post double with outside shooting.

Reactions: JCColsCane
Hopefully Coach K change up his motivation tactics for this game. Clearly they aren’t receiving his messages anymore. We win depending on the strategy the coaching staff puts together. Yes the players turned the ball over last game but our coaching hasn’t been too good lately. I think our coaches redeem themselves and we win by 7. Please don’t play Tre Goldwire Moore and Javin EVER again together

I read somewhere that Duke hasn’t led any ACC road game after the first 5 minutes. Have to get off to a good start. Low point spread makes real nervous....had same feeling when I saw the Wake spread.

Big key to the game is not let UVA lull you into playing their game. That's hard to do. I'm not a coach and I do not understand the i and outs of defensive and offensive like guys like guru gary and even posters from this understands. I'm very basic in the knowledge of the game so I have a hard time understanding while playig UVA not only other teams but we too get lulled into slow game. I have no problem with UVA slowing down their offense but why does it seem to slow down the opposing teams offense. Instead of getting a defensive rebound and slowing down the pace long enough to running down the shot clock to the point of not getting a good shot off or know shot a all bust it down the court and make UVA play our game. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT