ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

In my experience at least, it helps to think negatively and set expectations low. Like a reverse jinx.
lol, heck no man lol. So for you, it's like think the worse and if it happens, you are mentally prepared for it, and if it doesn't it brings you joy?

I always go with think the best, and if it happens, it's great. If for some reason the best doesn't happen, I tell myself next time it will. Positive throughout, for me, is a win-win. Different strokes for different folks, but whatever gets us through is the key lol.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
lol, heck no man lol. So for you, it's like think the worse and if it happens, you are mentally prepared for it, and if it doesn't it brings you joy?

I always go with think the best, and if it happens, it's great. If for some reason the best doesn't happen, I tell myself next time it will. Positive throughout, for me, is a win-win. Different strokes for different folks, but whatever gets us through is the key lol.
For sure. But really as far as the negative thinking goes that’s more of a backup plan. I always (try) to start positive and if that doesn’t seem to do the trick then I go the other way.

I get crushed when I expect Duke to win and we don't. So I don't like to get too confident. Then I'm pleasantly surprised.
I did against Wake, so I feel you on that. I don't think I'm over that loss yet. A big reason why I won't watch tonight for the first time in a long time.

Reactions: christophero
For sure. But really as far as the negative thinking goes that’s more of a backup plan. I always (try) to start positive and if that doesn’t seem to do the trick then I go the other way.
giphy.gif

we're young. The Washington Huskies, where I live, have 2 Macdonald's guys who will be lottery picks and were a dark horse final four pick for some. And they have a losing record. So I think we are doing ok.

Last edited:
I thought we were toast after Notre Dame in 2015 with Sulaiman getting kicked off the team. But we really came together, and Winslow was a beast down the stretch.

I thought we were toast after Notre Dame in 2015 and Suliman getting kicked off the team. But we really came together, and Winslow was a beast down the stretch.
Winslow was a bad, bad man. Tyus was slightly better in the FF but Winslow averaged close to a trip dub for the tourney. That team just a great player at every position and all were more than capable of taking over. Oh and we had the best 6th man I’ve seen at Duke in Mr, Grayson.

You mean to tell me you don’t have a Zion shrine? I’m not sure you’re a true blue blooded blue devil now. I mean, it’s mandatory in all Blue Devil homes.
I have a personal picture of him my wife took when we went down to the autograph session on my wall with the rest of the team. I talk to him every once in a while. We had a long talk during the wake game and he told me not to watch the next one.

Winslow was a bad, bad man. Tyus was slightly better in the FF but Winslow averaged close to a trip dub for the tourney. That team just a great player at every position and all were more than capable of taking over. Oh and we had the best 6th man I’ve seen at Duke in Mr, Grayson.
I still watch clips of that team on youtube.

that's what I'm saying, we all have the tie breaker over one. How does that get decided? Do we win because we have the most handsome player of the three (Joey Baker)? A coin flip with a 3 sided coin?
I believe it goes to who beat the next highest seed which would probably be Uva. If we win out, and it’s a three way tie I believe we DO get the one seed by virtue of our win against Uva.

Mathew hurt should consider shooting it in rhythm, before the weak ass fake, if he has made up his mind to fire it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT