ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UTAH VALLEY OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Impressive win over Elon last night. I think we can all agree that at least after one game, this team appears to be as talented as the 2015 team....and, possibly more so. At the very least, deeper than that team.

I don’t know much about Utah Valley - but I’ve got a hunch they aren’t world beaters. They only lost to Kentucky by 10 last night, but that’s not saying much (sorry, I couldn’t help myself lol). :p

Tonight’s game is once again on the ACC Network but can be streamed on Watch ESPN - similar - coverage to the Elon game. Tonight’s game is slated for a 7pm est tip.

Duke 99

Utah Valley 60

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness Kentucky took all the fight out of 'em.

Duke 94
Utah Valley 69

OFC

This one gets ugly

Duke 103
Wolverines 60

This isn’t ky they are playing

We win huge, just another step on being the most dominate team of all time :D
Duke-103
UV- 72

Rupp Rafters gets a few threads on "how in the world did we only beat them by so little" "we must suck" "Duke is in a league of their own" and then a bunch of guys will make excuses and call those others idiots

You guys final scores are way to high for tonight. These guys have 3 6'11" guys and a 7 footer who is way stronger physically than our bigs. This is a whole new adjustment for our kids. They've been crushing short teams, ain't happening tonight. I say we win by 16 -18 at the most.

Utah Valley might keep it close early, but if they are not worn out, they will be in the second half. Duke will win going away.
Go Duke!
OFC

Duke 86
Utah Valley 62

106-57. And for those worried, we shoot free throws solid today.

We could. If Grayson and Gary are shooting them, then we’re fine. But percentage-wise, and not based on just last night but over the course of their high school careers, free throws will probably be an issue for this team at times. Bagley has always been around the low-to-mid 60s, and with what I’ve saw in the first three games (I know two were exhibitions) he will likely spend a fair amount of time there this season....making that percentage quite low. I’ve learned teams don’t become good at free throws overnight.

Duke by 30. We created a ton of A+ looks last night, want to see the same again tonight. Want to see us battling on the glass and getting to 50/50 balls. This team appears to have far more chemistry at least to this point than our team did at any point last year. Everyone seems on the same page looking to get each other involved and looking for the best team shot not the best individual shot. So nice having a true point as well, Trevon was a beast last night.

I wonder if Duke has anything special planned for tonight because tonight will be Coach K’s 1000th win since he’s been at Duke

I wonder if Duke has anything special planned for tonight because tonight will be Coach K’s 1000th win since he’s been at Duke
A beat down on Maggie Valley, or whatever their name is. I think Carter will be better, and the rest of the guys will click too.

If they are big, they better be fast. Gonna have a tough time stopping this team in transition. Run em into the ground boys.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Duke 85, UVU 66.

I don't think UVU will do what they did last night. And, they should be tired from traveling and a bit deflated after that half-time lead. So, extra advantage Duke. We'd win either way, and I think we'll have a decent half-time lead, but I think UVU will keep it close for some period of time.

Will be interesting to see if Bolden is healthy enough to play. I hope so. I'd like to see him get some minutes ahead of MSU on Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT