ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UNC - FINAL FOUR - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Refs did dictate the outcome. We may have missed some free throws, but trust me the refs screwed us. 50-26 points in the paint. They should more free throws. The and 1 that was wiped away at the end sealed it for me. Now we have two cheating programs in the championship game. Good for them. Cheaters get to play for the ****ing championship. **** them all.

And let’s face it. We had no pure shooters this year. didn’t recruit that area well.

We have not had good shooters in … well … forever.

12/20 from FTs!!!!

5/22 from 3!!!

Among our 3 pt shooters:
AJ: 0-4
Keels: 2-7
Roach: 0-5

Cannot win doing that. (Though overall Keels had a good game. Roach and AJ did not).

AJ had his moments this season.. But he has to make 2-3 of those open 3s. He didn’t. He choked. Doubt he will be great in the NBA bec he is so methodical to shoot, unfortunately. This was his moment to come up big. He didn’t.

I’m pissed. Can’t abide the GTHC team. We needed to play with more courage and vengeance and we’re too scarred to do so.

Sucks.

Rock Chalk Jay-Hawk KU.

Reactions: SWEc/o95
And let’s face it. We had no pure shooters this year. didn’t recruit that area well.

We have not had good shooters in … well … forever.

12/20 from FTs!!!!

5/22 from 3!!!

Among our 3 pt shooters:
AJ: 0-4
Keels: 2-7
Roach: 0-5

Cannot win doing that. (Though overall Keels had a good game. Roach and AJ did not).

AJ had his moments this season.. But he has to make 2-3 of those open 3s. He didn’t. He choked. Doubt he will be great in the NBA bec he is so methodical to shoot, unfortunately. This was his moment to come up big. He didn’t.

I’m pissed. Can’t abide the GTHC team. We needed to play with more courage and vengeance and we’re too scarred to do so.

Sucks.

Rock Chalk Jay-Hawk KU.
We’ve spent 4 years waiting for Baker to be that guy. Just never happened

Reactions: youngman42
Of course Williams was a bit cold shooting his FTs. But, while there were some cheesy calls, he pretty much committed the fouls that pushed him out of the game.

I predicted Duke’s point total for tonight. I just at least get upgraded to Hall of Fame status on the board lol

It felt like a loss to me all day. I just watched a movie the first half, then couldn't resist so I watched the second half. We played young and we played tight.

Reactions: Duke1783
I'm sick to my stomach.
Just a game my man, just a game.

I mean think about it - it’s fun to watch and get hyped but there’s people out there whose entire life revolves around a bunch of teenagers who couldn’t pick them out of a lineup, and who would give them the sweat off their arse to help them....like @toophly1124 - it’s a Saturday night and poor bastard is lurking a Duke board. 😂

Last edited:
They are good. Every preseason I have to hear about how bad they are. They are good. And they will continue to be. Doesn't mean we can't be too but I won't live in denial. They will be much more experienced than us next year, unless guys come back. But they won't.

We played like in-season Duke not NCAA tournament Duke...finally went back to poor outside shooting and average guard play on both ends. Bad time for it to reappear but we'd seen this Duke team before. Still should have won as it was in our hands...and thats the hard part to take

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Don’t see Duke winning another National Championship until they get strong guard play and constant 3 point & free throw shooting!!!
Agree with this! Next year will not be any better. We will have some great players coming in but no big game experience. I don’t look for Scheyer to do what Hubert done this year with a young team

Reactions: IDUNK4HEELS
We played like in-season Duke not NCAA tournament Duke...finally went back to poor outside shooting and average guard play on both ends. Bad time for it to reappear but we'd seen this Duke team before. Still should have won as it was in our hands...and thats the hard part to take
Agree with this! It was Dukes to take if only a few foul shots fell

Reactions: IDUNK4HEELS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT