ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I could go on, and on, and on....but why? We HAVE to win tonight - if I need to list why, you're not really a Duke fan.

To me, the only REAL question is what's more important - winning this game to get into the dance, or winning this game BECAUSE IT'S THE HOLES? Talk amongst yourselves....

Duke comes in as a +3 underdog which honestly, I'm a touch surprised it's not more. As I was playing, "what will the spread be, K-Ville?" in my own head, I had +5.5/+6? I'm not sure what I think of it, I"m wrong every time lol.

Tonight's game is slated for a 6pm est tip and the game will air on ESPN AND on the ESPN 4K channel (106 if you have it on Directv). Such a gorgeous picture, looking forward to it. This is the third one since Xmas I believe...

Duke 79

North Carolina 77

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
It's absolutely crucial we win this one. Not for our tourney chances but because it's forking Carolina. Whoop dat baby blue booty. Hurt pours in 30+ and UNC's guards have a bad night like they seem to every other game and we walk out victorious 83-50.

• Haha
As K-ville noted, that line looks awful suspicious. Thats why I've got Duke not to only beat the spread, but WIN-straight up! Bookies clean up!

Duke-84, Roy's Cheaters-79

OFC

I think that the coaches will emphasize defense and ball security more than in the first game. They always want to win, but this is a game that the coaches must win. Last game was 91-87. I expect a game in the low 70s

Game preview:

IF the cheats repeat their 3pt shooting prowess then we lose, if they shoot like they usually do then we win...as long as we rebound! Fouls will play a big part in the outcome - if Hurt/Williams can stay on the court we are good!. Might help if our PG's could throw it in the ocean too...overall just win GTHC!

Win tonight and then beat Syracuse and we're back on the bubble. I think it will be close. I can't take another close loss.

Duke by 10. I just can’t see UNC shooting 70% from 3 again. I’m hoping our guards show up to play. Williams has to stay out of foul trouble and protect the rim. Play them even on the boards and we win.

Duke 80
UNC 70

They went 10-15 from three last game. If Love shoots 80% from 3 again, I’m done. Dude can’t hit the broadside of the barn any other game.

don’t feel great about our chances tonight, but hey, this team surprises you sometimes.

Many really old Duke fans can remember when Duke was a much larger under dog than we are in today's game. Since joining this board and posting my prediction in the game day thread I have always picked Duke to win. That's me though. I have been wrong many times during those years but right in a whole lot more. I may be wrong again today but I gotta believe. I gotta believe we make the dance. GVO

Surely we're due for some good luck? Of course I said that last game too. Getting swept by these guys would be an awful way to end the year. Hurt will need to stay on the floor.

Getting swept is gonna be hard to deal with and I agree that Hurt must stay on the floor and have at least 3 more score in double figures. Everyone knows what the cheats like to do. Pound the ball inside and get their offensive transition game going. They for sure will try to get Hurt, Williams and any other of our big guys in foul trouble and that will start from the beginning. Hope Coach K stays in the officials ears all night to make sure their biggies don't get all the calls. OFC

Really struggling to get any penetration from the perimeter....look really out of synch - where is our PG?????

Hey guys your season on the line, let’s go!

Duke: Let’s spot them 10.

Wish to change my pick. Carolina by thirty

Awful game and two turn overs followed by two shot clock violations.

2-10 with 5 TO's...intensity is lacking....this is THE rivalry gents.....

Not seeing any reaction to this start in our demeanor - who is going to get in the huddle and read the riot act? Or are we just going to ghost through this game and get beat by 20+?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT